Parent reviews for Rising Star

Rising Star Poster Image

Ur music quality i

Music system quality is seems week because contestants singing well and musicians playing awoesom but I don't know but I can't connect with music M sorry and may m wrong!!!

Music competition show has unique twist but hits a sour note.

Rising Star needs to be commended for its original concept. In this show, the fate of the aspiring singers rests in the hands of the viewers (with some input from the judges, of course), with the decisions made live, on the spot. It is a very intense competition, and some of the contestants have amazing stories or have overcome obstacles in their lives to get where they are now. The judges also stress the importance of never giving up on your dreams, and the support of family and friends is highlighted as well. The content is definitely the least of your worries, besides the fact that a few of the song choices contain questionable lyrics. Moreover, there is surprisingly a bit of sexual innuendo and subtle jokes that take place between the host Josh Groban and Ke$ha, who is one of the three judges on the show (along with Brad Paisley and Ludacris). Sadly, the entertainment value is just not there. Kids and teenagers might be pleased to see their favourite artists on the judging panel, but Rising Star simply falls flat. It does not have the same appeal or grandeur you would expect from "American Idol" for instance. I would suggest you check it out for yourself, and like I said, quality is the bigger concern with this one. I would not be shocked if Rising Star was cancelled after the end of this first season.