All teen and kid member reviews for River Monsters

Teen, 15 years old Written byFarin230 November 8, 2014

Very Educational

This show is amazing! I love it. For all you who say it's too violent. It says VIEWER DISCRETION ADVISED!! That's enough of a warning for most people. If you're faint of heart or scared easily then you shouldn't watch it. But on another note this show is very great and educational. This show has taught me so much. I WANT to go to all the places he visits to see for myself how it is. It makes me want to part of his crew and go around the world with him I see the sights he sees myself. I've watched it from the second season on and I cannot wait for every episode or season! I have seen every single episode several times and where the violent reenactment a are concerned thy show you what would happen. I respect a show that shows the truth and doesn't try to sugar coat it because THAT IS WHAT ACTUALLY HAPPENS!!!!! If a kid is bit by a toothy fish then he bleeds and you should realize that too. If you're scared of blood then this isn't the show for you and you should realize this. On my opinion this show isn't for small kids but a twelve year old should realize that this show is violent. I love the reenactment a because they show you how truly monstrous these fish are an now I want to go catch some them for myself. Parents tell your children this show is violent and if they don't like it then they don't like it and that's that. Thank you!
Teen, 13 years old Written byHeq073198 March 13, 2012

Jeremy Wade catches the "one that got away"....

I love this show because at the end there is always confirmation of the behemoth fish's existence. The stories and encounters are intriguing, the fishing scenes when you can hear the slack in the line being pulled are exciting, and the brute size of the monsters he catches is mind-blowing!!! Look forward to the new seasons every April!
Kid, 11 years old May 2, 2011

Educational but dramatic

The dramatinzation of the reanactment of the story of a fish attacking a human looks violent with the blood everywhere but its appropriate if your older so you can understand where amazing fish live learn facts and storys of different cultures and/or fish in different areas.The guy who catched the fish shows a good role model like if you want to be a fishing champ or fish catcher someday.But I wouldnt show it to younger viewers since it might scare them to explore and/or go into water.
Kid, 12 years old April 21, 2014

Okay, but violent

This show is overall okay and somewhat entertaining if you like hard-core fishing but some of the fish are creepy and the flashbacks of people being electrocuted, devoured, and killed in awful ways are very creepy/bloody. Sometimes it shows pictures of the incident or someone shows an old wound from a fish. This show will make you not want to ever fish in another country.
Kid, 12 years old March 16, 2014

iffy

This show is on the whole not that bad but when they say the content is Not appropriate for all viewers that mean it some of the pictures of people after the fish attacks might be disturbing to younger children/viewers
Teen, 14 years old Written bypencicola8580 May 14, 2012

PARENTS READ THIS

ARE PEOPLE CRAZY I TRIED THIS SHOW WHEN I WAS 11 AND I STILL HAVE NIGHTMARES!!!!!!!! I LIVE IN FLORENCE AL. ON THE TENNESSE RIVER AND I AM SCARED TO GO FISHING NOW AN EVERYTIME WE PASS OVER THE BRIDGE I HAVE TO LOOK AWAY!!!!!! PARENTS BE SMART AND DONT LET YOUR KIDS WATCH THIS PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kid, 8 years old May 13, 2012

This is just disgusting and will give you nightmares!

Ewwww! Are people insane? This is just disgusting! And you call this educational? What were you THINKING?!?!? Jeremy is an example of a brave guy, but the show itself is DISGUSTING! I mean, it'll haunt your dreams! I had a nightmare from this show of being killed by evil, vicious fish! I mean, who wants to see kids who are like, 6, Getting torn to bits by fish?!?!? This is all Animal Planet cares about now, they treat this show like a king. If you want a good show from AP, I suggest "Too Cute" or "Big Cat Diary"! I mean, those shows are a trillion times better then this! Sure, Big Cat Diary shows a bunch of animals eating and killing others, but it's not over-the-top! And, Too Cute, I recommend that show if ANY show on AP you were to watch! Too Cute has no violence. Too Cute is what you call educational. And, if you want to see poor kids getting torn to bits, then this is the place to go.
Teen, 13 years old Written byjeremy wade 13 March 8, 2012

facinating fish

very good show one of my favourites but the accounts of attacks and when he talks to people about attacks are upsettling and horrific such as a grandfather lifting his grandsons bones after being eaten by pirahnas. and their are much worse!
Kid, 11 years old July 14, 2010

Boons' rating

This is a very harmless educational show. however, there are some re-enactments of people getting killed by man eating fish. thats what puts this show on the iffy scale. if your child would watch this you should fast foward the re-enactments. also, the fish are real, not CGI monsters. your child would maybe get scared that there are bigger fish in the ocean.