Kid reviews for Riverdale

Dark, dramatic take on Archie comics is campy fun.

Teen, 15 years old Written byspencermcdougall February 4, 2017

A little bit cliche but not bad at all

Everyone that is giving this show negative reviews needs to understand that this is not the happy archie comics we all read. This is a teen drama and the first season is revolving around the murder of jason blossom. Although the show is pretty cliche and typically CW its pretty good so far and i think everyone should give the first 2 episodes a chance.

Teen, 14 years old Written byfuturefamous March 4, 2017
this show has the perfect amount of danger, drama and romance. i reccomend it for teenagers because it takes place in a high school so all the characters act like high schoolers do. overall it's a really good show with not a lot of sex or swearing and some pretty solid acting.

Teen, 13 years old Written byCath2016 May 7, 2017

I'm addicted !!

I love this series so much , I get scared quite easily and I handled this fine !! It has a few dark moments but overall I've watched the series over about five times!! Definitely give it a watch !!

Teen, 16 years old Written bySlendyDaMan February 21, 2017

Really different from the comics

Really mature...a kid has sex with a teacher. A kid is found dead with gore visible. Not for kids.

Kid, 11 years old May 4, 2017
It's a great show for kids!

Teen, 13 years old Written bySmol March 26, 2017

Fills a gap between two generations

Me and my dad spent ages discussing the similarities and differences of the old cartoon versus the new show. It has amazing representation of a character with ADHD (Betty is seen to need Adderal). Stay away from the fan base tho, they are uneducated when discussing Betty's ADHD. When she has her sudden rage outbursts they describe it at 'insane' and 'crazy'. This would educate children to see people with mental disorders as people to be avoided, so the fan base is for any age as long as they are well educated in understanding oppression towards people with mental disorders. (I used big fancy words cause if u don't understand the big fancy words go educate urself)

Teen, 15 years old Written bylondontelephonebooth February 16, 2017

A twist on the original Archie

From watching the first few episodes, Riverdale is pretty good. If you're looking for something exactly like the original Archie comics, this is not the show for you, but it does a decent job in its own genre. It is much darker than the stories the characters are pulled from; the entire storyline so far is centred around a small-town murder. In terms of appropriateness, there is not much swearing, but there is kissing, implied sex, and some objectifying words and phrases. A dead body is shown, but not for long. I would hesitate showing this to, say, a younger sibling or cousin, but in general, teenagers should be able to handle, and enjoy, this show.
Teen, 14 years old Written byKingcam540 March 31, 2017

Amazing show a with a great take on the comics

The show has a great plot basically drawn from the comics deepest secrets and yet adds it's own twist creating the perfect mystery great for people who love the comics and are new to them . Their is the odd episode that is inappropriate but never bad enough to give it more then a PG-13 label Netflix being Netflix is semi famous for over rating things like how tomorrowland was 14A at one point well it was pg in theatres. The plot itself is very intriguing and adds a huge twist at the end of every episode. There is little voilence some sex little swearing some consumerism and little drug uses
Teen, 15 years old Written byreviewer1234 November 17, 2017

Better than most teen dramas

SEX: Archie and Ms. Grundy make out in the back seat of her car, although this scene lasts only about three seconds. The scene is shot from outside the car, in the rain, so you can see very little except Archie and Ms. Grundy's upper bodies( if you look very closely you can see that Ms. Grundy is wearing a bra). SEX: In the final episode in the first season Veronica/Archie and Jughead / Betty are seen in alternating scenes making out with each other. It is implied that Archie and Veronica have sex after the scene fades to black. Betty and Jughead are interrupted before they can take things any farther. SEX: Polly is pregnant with Jason, her dead boyfriends, child. No romantic scenes are ever scene between Polly and Jason, as he is dead before the season begins. SEX: Overall the amount of sexual content in Riverdale is small compared to that of other TV shows for teenagers. The sexual innuendo and sexual talk in the show is mild. The biggest issue is the statutory rape that takes place in the show between Ms. Grundy and Archie. Although the relationship ends halfway through the season Ms. Grundy never goes to jail or is punished for her actions. The relationship between Archie and Ms. Grundy is shown in more of a romantic, forbidden-love way than a inappropriate, pedophilia way, which is disturbing. LANGUAGE: b*tch, a**, and hell are used although not often. VIOLENCE: A dead body is scene, although its very fake looking. A girl sets her house on fire. A man hangs himself and is briefly scene afterwards. Teenagers fight. A girl sees her dead brother in her dreams. Jughead is bullied slightly. Riverdale displays true, genuine friendships, unlike many teenage shows. The heroes are flawed but try to do whats right.

Teen, 13 years old Written byposhspice4life April 28, 2017

PROTECT JUGHEAD JONES

This is a great show if you want to learn how to solve a murder, get tons of chicks, and navigate high school drama. 10/10

Teen, 14 years old Written byMarta111 July 26, 2017

This article is a bit harsh!

While i am only 14 and adults may not value my opinion, i still think my voice should be heared. I know im speaking for many teens when I say that this article is a bit harsh. Language is to a minimum. Hell, ass and bitch are used infrequently. There is sexual subjects brought up, but it is not worse than what your child will hear in high school. There are definitely great messages in the show. For example; there were a group of girls being made fun of and being harassed by a group of football players. They all stood strong together and got the specific boy that had done it to one of the main characters, Veronica, kicked off the football team. Veronica is always there for people when they aren't doing well, even if she isn't even friends with them. She displays what it's like to be a good person to young girls. I think this is very important. This show displays team work, critical thinking and justice. There is a relationship between two main characters at one point (i don't want to give spoilers) and their relationship is very sweet. They take care of eachother and work well together. It really displays how a relationship should be and i think young teens should see that. The only really bad thing is that there was an affair between a student and a teacher. This article makes it sound like the show made it ok but i can't agree. The part criticizing the age of the actors casted and the quality of the songs performed by the characters was completely irrelevant. I would recommend this show for teens 13+. It isn't based around sex, language, or other bad messages.

Teen, 16 years old Written bySamtho June 27, 2017

Archie Comic Spin-off is an Exceptional Masterpiece

Archie Comic's very own Riverdale is set on the well-twisted secrets of the town. Please not that I have never seen or read an Archie Comic but I am almost positive that the tv show is more grown up than the cartoon. I also must admit that Riverdale is one of my favourite tv shows I have ever seen: I would describe it as a mix between Pretty Little Liars and Nerve, but unlike Pretty Little Liars, is set for every gender and age. The main inappropriateness of the show is the violence: dead bodies; suicide; murder and heard gunshots. Sex is limited to kissing and making out which you should definitely watch out for in the last ten minutes of the last episode of season one (it is not full sex, but making out more extreme than the other making out scenes, that meaning it is not even that bad but it will definitely shock you). Also, boyfriends and girlfriends are mentioned and seen, as well as a sexist boy being said and shown to be a player as it shows you him humiliating girls in order earn points on a secret, immature playbook kept by the boys football team. The two main girls sexually trick him into own up to lying about his sexual life that he uses to earn points on his play book and when he is done, he shames them into silence (the girls get revenge on him in an extreme yet feminist empowering way). In terms of alcohol and drugs, teens drink at parties and bars are shown as well as a biker gang downtown said to be drug dealers and generally rough people, one of them is actually shown dead having injected unknown but obvious substances into his arm (he is seen for two seconds) Swearing is not a major problem but can sometimes include bitch, shit, bullshit, and oh my god in moments of peril, shock or surprise. In terms of consumerism, the most likeable and admirable characters are said to not have a huge amount of money so kids would really feel lucky to have what they have already got or even feel rich. however one sassy character is very rich but actually ruins that richness at the end of season one. Ultimately, Riverdale is a great tv show I would highly recommend for tweens, or those of adolescence.

Teen, 13 years old Written byPeppermintTea_xX June 12, 2017

Best show of 2017

Riverdale has become my all time favourite show of 2017. The characters are based off the Archie comics, but the setting is a much darker place. There is occasional kissing, though no privates are shown. Each of the main characters has their own family issues, most of their parents are separated which is a recurring theme in the show. Riverdale not only features around the kids lives, but the adults too. The actors are supposedly portraying 15-16 year olds, but honestly, it isn't very believable as most all of the actors are 19 and over. The story line is amazing, but can be hard to follow if you miss episodes. Also, bughead for life. If you watch the show, you get what I mean. Honestly, I'm only watching it for Cole Sprouse.

Teen, 14 years old Written byNora Callanan June 2, 2017

It was SOOOOO good

It was such a great show that keep my eyes glued to my screen. I characters are so great and such great role model. The show stays pretty PG in the romantic department except in the last episode were it gets pretty stemy between 2 different couples. The shows can be a bit intense for younger viewers when the show the dead body's of a couple key characters but other wise they is nothing super scary. Overal the show is definitely a must watch for people who love murder mysteries, but still has enough romance to make it teen romance show.

Kid, 12 years old May 17, 2017

Good series!

This is a very interesting series. There is a 'dead body' shown but it is clearly fake and there is suggestion of rape with a teacher and a student and other suggestions of sex in the show, even though it isn't actually shown. There is quite a lot of violence and shooting and a mention of alcohol and drugs. It's appropriate to be shown to reasonably mature kids who are 11+. (Written by 12 year old)

Teen, 13 years old Written byelizzyhearts February 20, 2017

Not for young kids

Its a dramtique show but it is very interesting, my familly didnt read the subtitle and whatched it cause we thought it was going to be like the comics we read but it was not and we were very shocked and suprised to see that a teacher had an affaire with a student. It may be a bad influence on youre children. It is very different from the kid comics. If youre child is to whatch it and you are protective then whatch it with them just in case something shows up and you would not want youre child to see. The first episode was very shocking and dramatique and there were a few swear words. Bitch and hell came up a lot. But I whatch it and it is important to remember thatit is just a show and you should never do anything they do in actuel reality. It is defintly not like the happy archie comics. Thank you...

Teen, 17 years old Written byradalecki August 23, 2017

Love it

I'm only 17, but I loved reading the Archie comics as a young girl. I had no idea this show exsisted until my Suite Life crush, Cole Sprouse, tweeted about it. I was super excited to watch it. The first episode threw me off a bit, but by the third episode I was obsessed. My personal favorite characters were Kevin and Jughead. There is some violence (people getting beaten up, murder not onscreen), some language (can't remember from the top of my head), some sex (shirtless men, barebacks of women), LGBT+ conversations + characters (which I'm fine with, being pansexual myself), but an overall good show. !!!SPOILER ALERT!!! In the last episode, Archie's Dad, Fred, is shot. It's very shocking, and had me shaken up for a good few minutes. If your child is squeamish to blood or very emotional, I suggest having them walk out of the room at that scene. Jughead and his Dad have a complex relationship. FP is a Southside Serpent with a drinking problem, and Jughead is a gloomy teen just trying to get through life. FP is dragged off to jail after they find the gun that murdered Jason Blossom in his house. Jughead is horrified by this, and decides to stay with his Mom and sister in Toledo for awhile, which doesn't go to plan. Big spoiler coming up. It's pretty shocking to watch Clifford shoot Jason. It actually made me cry, knowing that stuff like that happens in the real world. It's pretty scary, and if your kid is under 10, I'd have them exit the room. !!!SPOILER SECTION OVER!!! I think it's a great show, if you're an adult that grew up with the Archie comics, definitely watch it, if you're a kid with a big imagination and you're not scared of blood, go ahead.

Teen, 14 years old Written byzaraxox April 17, 2017

A bit cliche

Nice teen show, cringey at times
Teen, 13 years old Written byrubetube July 7, 2017

Riverdale

I think that this show is much darker than the Archie comics, but is a great show to watch.

Teen, 13 years old Written byHarv___1 March 15, 2017

Amazing show but is a bit adult

This show isn't to bad but it contains adult situations which children wont understand. No swearing. No violence really some very moderate barley any. This show does contain some sexual acts like kissing and all that. Some of it can get pretty adult so id advise not to let children watch it. For Teens Only.