All parent member reviews for R.L. Stine's The Haunting Hour

Adult Written byTinyToya April 26, 2011

Update: "Really You Doll" Episode Changed My Mind...

Update: There is an episode that has an evil doll who is truly alive. SPOILER: The doll actually gets a LONG butcher knife to KILL the young girl who took her in. The girl hits the doll with a pan and shouts: DIE! Then some creepy doll children sing a song and so on... That changed my rating from 12 to (a mature) 13 years old. A little scary for kids. I can only imagine what kind of nightmares an eight year old might have about an old lady who returns ominously from the dead or a story about kids venturing through insane asylums. My family (all adults) watches it together for a decent and appropriate scare and we always say: This is not for kids. This is not for kids. lol 13+ I think.
Parent of a 9 year old Written bycarter0617 October 30, 2010

perfect for people how want a little scare

i think it might be frighting for kids under 8 i watch it with my 8 year old neas and he got real scared
Parent Written bylolboy55 October 24, 2014

tooo scary for adults!!!!!!!

my 2 year old was laughing becaude it wasnt even scry 4 her but my 33 year old child peed in is pants on my sofa while watching. leaving me to clean up his mess. CAUTION put paper on the sofa if an adult is going to watch the haunting hour.
Adult Written byreviewer person January 29, 2014

The Haunting Hour Review

Parent of a 4 and 8 year old Written bySabrinaH 1 June 1, 2015

Not Kid Friendly

My son was exposed to several episodes of this series in 2nd grade by his teacher who thought it was suitable. I stopped it as soon as I discovered the misjudgment. Seven months later, we still deal with fear directly related to the content. I DO NOT RECOMMEND ANYONE ALLOW CHILDREN TO VIEW THIS SERIES.
Parent Written bychuggaconroyj November 22, 2014

Bad Endings

The show is good but usually never has a good ending like for example in the episode Argh V The entire family dies in a car crash and in Wrong number a girl is trapped inside a cellphone and is quickly deleted from existence meaning she is dead and there's tons more bad endings that i don't have time to describe but i have one thing to say this show will leave you in tears.
Parent of a 8 and 10 year old Written bysihoo June 11, 2014

Haunting hour

I just finished watching an episode with my 10 year old who does not scare easily. He told me it was the worst 22 minutes of his life! Might be OK in a few years.
Educator and Parent of a 10, 12, 16, and 18 year old Written byginhouse June 12, 2015

If you like Stephen King...

R.L. Stein is described as the Stephen King for youth. Ive seen Goosebumps, no biggie. This evening however, I watching the Haunting Hour with my almost 13 yr old daughter, 16 yr old daughter, and 9 yr old daughter. My 13yo had seen it at her g-mas earlier that day. I am not a happy camper. Teens were being chased through an abandoned mental hospital by a dead dr who used patients that broke curfew as operating experiments. And there was nothing resolved in the end, no relief from the spook. It ends with another group about to endeavor into their own ghost hunt. Even my 16yo, said,"Nope, not sleeping tonight!"
Parent of a 3 and 8 year old Written bytiffanym1 February 17, 2015

GREAT SHOW!!!!

Bo my kids love this show.
Adult Written byemilyc5 November 7, 2015

Scary for eaisily scared kids

this really creeped me out.... I was at a friend's house and her friend demanded we watched it, so we did. it scared the crud out of me.
Adult Written byNicole101 April 8, 2015