All teen and kid member reviews for Rob!

Teen, 15 years old Written byMovies Rock January 16, 2012

A GOOD SHOW

FUNNY
Teen, 16 years old Written byTvReviewer3 March 7, 2012

h

Teen, 15 years old Written byxaltrockgirlx January 28, 2012

Doesn't deserve the lead-in from The Big Bang Theory

It's no so much the content from this show that concerns me; there's worse stuff on other (better) shows. A little bit of sex jokes, some mild language, a little bit of drinking. The worst is that all of these characters are one-note and do nothing to even challenge some stereotypes. Some may say it's a bit hypocritical to be saying that The Big Bang Theory is better even though it has its fair share of stereotypes, but that sitcom has one thing this one doesn't: jokes that are at least slightly imaginitive and funny, like I thought jokes were supposed to be. A lot of the said jokes from TBBT also work to challenge said stereotypes, unlike here. They could have tried making characters that don't revolve around stereotypes since Mexican-American families I know typically don't have the qualities played out here. I know that there are inevitably some people who will find this show hysterical, but I'm willing to take a shot that at least some Latino (or Black or Caucasian) families won't be laughing. Want a funny sitcom with some diversity? Try George Lopez, at least the mild stereotyping is less over-the-head.
Teen, 15 years old Written byRobbyboyfye16 January 20, 2012