Kid reviews for Robin Hood

Remake of the legend almost hits the bullseye.

Teen, 13 years old Written byJiminyBillyBob2 April 14, 2020

Fun

I loved it but not for two young children. Also violence every so often

Teen, 15 years old Written byLordoftheRings1997 July 23, 2013

AMAZING SHOW! Great for preteens and teens! "We are Robin Hood"

Robin Hood is the only Modern TV show I like besides Doctor Who. This show is amazing! Despite the fact that it can be a bit historically innacurate, it is still awesome! Robin Hood is an excellent role model for discussion (not saying everything he does is great). I definitely recommend talking to your kids after they watch this show and discussing whether or not Robin's actions are justified and right. Another great thing about this show is how clean it is. No bloody violence, though it can be very intense. No sex, AT ALL! Amazing for a TV show! The worst you get is some kissing and some revealing necklines on dresses. And the language never gets past the "D" word or misuse of hell. I think it is a great show for pretty much the whole family, but take caution with young children. And even girls can get into the strong female characters like Marian, D'jaq, and Kate! I give this show 5 out of 5! This is especially great for those preteen/young teen boys who cannot find anything to watch!

Teen, 14 years old Written byiantojonescoffeeclub January 4, 2013

its fine

There are fights but all in all it was ment for girls boys 7 years to 20. For very young veiwers there is a well good amount of death but its fine.

Kid, 12 years old March 16, 2012

I LOVE IT

It is a great tv show acauly my favrit. It is ok for young kids but they wont like it

Kid, 12 years old February 4, 2012

Great TV show, violent, but with swords and arrows, not guns

I am 12, and a homeschooler, and with our homeschool co-op, which took place at my house, after all our classes we would go upstairs and watch this. It IS violent, but, hey! It's robin hood, not blues clues. A lot of the violence is implied, and by the way I have seen each episode of all three seasons at least twice. In our co-op, the youngest was 6 or 7, and the oldest was 14. We all loved it, except for one kid who thought it was silly.

Teen, 13 years old Written byJaneEyre<3 August 9, 2011

favorite robin h. ever!!!!!!!!

Oh my gosh!!!
I LOVE IT!!!!!! there are a few cheesy parts, but the acting definitely makes up for that. but i really hated the ending to season 2. there is some violence(but *completely* bloodless.and nothing beyond kissing. in the 3rd season there's a tiny bit of swearing(h*ll, and d**m) nothing that bad.and i ABSOLUTELY hated the ending of season 3 as well. but i love jonas and lucy together as robin and marian.they are PERFECT!

Teen, 16 years old Written bySeanyboykeating July 16, 2011

GREAT for mature kids.

Great for kids who are mature enough that Robin Hood doesnt kill, but does when innocents are in danger. U have to be mature enough to get the dialect.

Teen, 17 years old Written byMerlinFan17 December 28, 2010

Good show, but NOT for younger children, or possibly even tweens...

I've not seen all of this, so this might not be as accurate as some other reviews, however I shall try my best.
First of all, I don't think it preachy at all, and the action is so much that I laughed when I read this.
But on with the review.
The show is definitely NOT a kid's show. It is entertaining, it could even be kind of... lifting(?) to watch at times, because of the families that Robin helps. Robin could even be considered a decent role model. However, the violence is rather disturbing. Despite Robin Hood's refusal to harm people, the Sheriff's blatant disregard for life is, as I said a minute ago, highly disturbing. The always in danger feeling that this show produces kind of get's a little old at times, leaving you wanting SOMETHING to go right.
This show has some pretty funny moments, and the cunning that the characters have adds a ton to the show. I could do without the more... Romantic aspects of the show. I don't think it's that bad... A lot of flirting, a ton of kissing from Robin Hood... But I suppose nothing that I can't just fast forward through xD.
All in all it's a pretty good show, something better to watch than a lot of other junk on TV today.

Teen, 14 years old Written bycoolguyiscoolbro June 8, 2010
very good. if a movie: Rated PG-13 for intense combat, frightening moments, and some mild sensuality

Teen, 14 years old Written bycoolmandudeyeah June 7, 2010

goooood

really good, but not perfect show. if a movie it would be: Rated PG-13 for epic battle sequences, brief sensuality, and some disturbing images.

Teen, 16 years old Written byx999x December 27, 2020

its really good

its actually really good. but BEWARE BECAUSE IT IS REALLY ADDICTING. but you should watch it
Teen, 15 years old Written byprincess15 November 30, 2020

Really great funny series BUT BEWARE there is some violence and some kissing

My 13 year old brother and I love it! It is such a good show! but it does have kissing, with the first episode Robin kisses a random girl with a far off shot of them making out and her grabbing his butt. Other then some torture that is off screen,( you can hear screams,) second season is a little more tense. I would say besides kissing the only reason I would say 12 up is more confusing plot lines that would go over their heads. Overall their are lessons of justice, friendship, compassion etc. Has super funny lines and scripts. Great show!!! LOVED it!!!

Teen, 13 years old Written byCia2006 October 14, 2020

I love it so much! it made me cry!

It is very clean, for the most part. It has some stuff that might be a little scary for kids under 12. but for the most part it is amazing. you will find out though that Robin is a bit flirtatious at time. The sheriff of Nottingham can be kind intense towards the people. The violence isn't too bad, they have some moments that are intense, but for BBC their is not a lot of blood. In the last episode of season 1, Marion is stabbed by Guy and is being medically helped my Djaq. That episode you can tell them it gruesome. But the whole show really goes into the characters. You get to love them soo much!!

Teen, 15 years old Written byBreaden Hoffmaster December 4, 2015
BBC's "Robin Hood is swashbuckling fun! Robin and his band of merry men stay very true to the legend of the outlaw who steals from the rich and gives to the poor. Torture is often implied, but not always seen, but hangings are a common scene in this series. Robin usually takes down his foes with sword and bow, but hand-to-hand combat is also present from time to time. Much, Little John, Will Scarlet, and Alan of Dale all have their moments of glory as well, and battles and fights our part of almost every episode. The sherif of Nottingham is a cruel man, and he tortures and steal from poor people to add to his treasury, which makes Robin angry:resulting in fighting. Language isn't an issue, but "Hell" is sometimes used, meaning the place. Also, expect "Bloody" and name calling. Sex is limited to Robin and Marion kissing, and some flirting between them. One of Robin's men is killed in a graphic way, and he is seen as 5 men hack at him with swords and he screams. So, if you have a mature 12 year old who like fantasy, I highly recommend this wonderful show.

Kid, 12 years old October 7, 2015

Exciting and Heart-Warming

Robin Hood is one of the best TV shows I've seen in a long time! It's exciting and heart-warming (as most Robin Hood movies and TV shows are...) and I quite enjoyed the series. I would recommend this for everyone to watch, over the age of 10. The only reason is the amount of violence. The violence is bountiful, but it never shows anyone being impaled, or anything like that. The camera is quick to look away before anything gory happens, but it may freak younger kids out a bit. Parental discretion is something I would advise, if a younger child can handle intended actions of violence, put this on your must see list!

Teen, 13 years old Written byAllison1212 July 6, 2014

robin hood

there is fighting and loving but i thought it was good.

Teen, 15 years old Written bymollyoctupus September 3, 2013

Fun - Family friendly - Viewing

i first watched Robin Hood when I was 8 years old and my brother was merely 4- my parents have never let us watch anything too inappropriate, Robin Hood contains just enough of the bad 'stuff' to make it action packed- yet is suitable to watch as a family on a Saturday night...-Everyone can enjoy it!

Kid, 9 years old April 22, 2010

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I LOVED it!! But I HATE the end of season 2, episode 13.

Teen, 16 years old Written byJL April 30, 2009

One of the Best!

Robin Hood is currently one of the best shows.
It is clean-no *iffy* content between men and women, no foul language, and not overly violent.
A fun storyline, and interesting characters.

It is horribly corny, but so much fun.
Mind, I have only seen the second season, I can't vouch for the first one :) But what i've seen is wonderful.
I'm impressed with how clean it is-and it's a British show!
That is the only problem, I won't watch the show live, have to record it because the British TV commercials are horribly offensive.
But Robin Hood is one of the best shows on TV.