Parent reviews for Roseanne

Roseanne Poster Image

1 person found this helpful.

Good show, but you have to know your child

This is a hilarious sitcom that shows both the heart and struggles of blue collar life. Despite some sarcasm and rude comments, there are a lot of lessons about family and sacrifice. But there is quite a bit of language and sexual references. The ratings for this show tend to be inconsistent. Some episodes are TV-G, some are TV-PG, and quite a few have been TV-14(DL). Most episodes are family-safe, but there are a few that might require some awkward conversations in the living room.

Best show ever

I have been watching this show since it first came out. Even when show was over still watched reruns over and over. I was so excited to hear that Roseanne was coming back! I do not have money for cable. I love the the show but very hard to get good signal for ABC. We didn't have this in the 80's. I never missed a show. Now I had to get HULU to watch the new Roseanne but its worth it. Love you Roseanne. Love that you keep it real

Why is Roseanne playing a role that dorsnt reflect all her old beliefs

The Roseanne show was aleays centered around the lower middle class . Nothing has changed socioeconomicslly with the Connor family . Except for Roseanne whom is now so polictically right wing it just doesnt fit the role or there lifestyle. Then there is Jackie whom they have made her lines in the script so ludicrous she sounds like a bad actor. In my opinion they got ratings off the charts because of the. Old show. But thats no longer the case

Family show

This show is young child appropriate. Some episodes are TV-G, some episodes are TV-PG. There is nothing in this show that a 6 year old can't handle.

an opportunity wasted

Since this show talks about the struggles of blue collar families this should've been a fine show. Unfortunately, it also reinforces stereotypes of blue collar workers as sarcastic, etc.

Welcome Back.

I believe everyone has a say, but I Personally am a Woman of God! So I Appreciate the fact That They Are ackowledging The True God Into This Show! There is too much of Getting God & Prayer Out Of The Schools, Less Prayer more Violence, Much Prayer Much Power and the Wisdom Of God To Know how to Correctly Handle Situations, Put God & Prayer Back into Schools Jobs Everywhere, & God Will Come Through. Thank Roseanne & Cast for Ackwoledging The Creator Our God!

Okay for teenagers

Roseanne was one of the best sitcoms on television. It's up there as one of the best shows that ever aired. I was never a big television fan, but I did watch the Roseanne show as a teenager and it was not offensive at all. Anyone who found this offensive is obviously very "delicate". The Roseanne show dealt with real life issues that most average households deal with. The issues dealt with on the show are still issues many face today. For that matter, the show still holds up today. It's nothing like the way the reviewer described it. In fact, its tepid in comparison to what's out there now. The Roseanne show is hilarious while dealing with day to day issues of family and struggling living check to check. This is a show that has a strong female character as the driving force behind the family. It's moving in places, fun, and lighthearted too. Some of the best episodes are the Halloween episodes when the cast really gets into it. Laurie Metcalf is the big stand out who plays Roseanne's sister. She is hilarious along with John Goodman who plays Roseanne's husband. And unlike the bleak false view of the couples marriage, Roseanne and Dan are very much united and in love. They are each other's support system..

Seriously?

This is not a kids TV program! This woman is rude vulgar and a terrible let role model. Nothing to learn from her unless you want to learn how to be sacrastic!

Watch as a family

I watched this show as a kid seen the entire series and my kids have watched a couple episodes with me but they are more interested in cartoons at the moment. But if they wanted to watch it with me I honestly would let them cause it's a good show and its real, and deals with actual situations that people deal with in day-to-day life. Real families have money issues, don't have perfect bodies, and don't always get along, that is normal for most people. And it is frustrating to me that their weight is even brought up, when it has nothing to do with the show this isn't "biggest loser" its a sitcom.