All parent member reviews for Roseanne

Parent of a 11 year old Written byExerSarah May 27, 2010

Disagree with Common Sense Review

I'm sorry, but I am completely offended by the "Common Sense" review. You say, "Both parents are obese and show no intention of altering their diet or activity to improve their health." First of all, the fact that Dan and Roseanne are overweight is not a huge focus of the show, and when it is, the portayals of their struggles with their weight issues are realistic. They certainly don't revel in being overweight, and your review makes it sound as they glorify it. How completely far from the truth. Your review should not have even touched on this topic.
Adult Written bysouthparkfan15 April 9, 2008

A really great show!!

thats all i have to say about that
Parent Written byBestesteverMom January 7, 2012

Overblown

If this is like most families...trust me that's not something you would really want to admit to. I used to watch the show all the time when I was younger (I remember when it started). Looking back, not so good
Adult Written bydolphinlover9 April 9, 2008

Roseanne is the best show in T.V. History

Parent Written byrmcavoy June 11, 2013

Roseanne's Weight?

Really, that's what you want to focus on, the Connor's family health? Never mind the fact that they struggle to find work, pay bills, and pay for their kid's education. Never mind the fact that healthy food is hard to come by for a struggling family. Never mind the fact that Roseanne Barr and John Goodman are talented, beloved actors who can teach the teens who watch this show that there's more to life than meeting society's narrow standards of beauty. They're fat, therefore they must be shamed and talked down to. Future reviews need to better than this.
Parent of a 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, and 18 year old Written bymeghannbob July 5, 2012

Just no.

Please think before letting your kids watch. I am parent to 3 teenagers, and I regret letting them watch this as kids.
Educator and Parent of a 4 and 5 year old Written byLuvBinAMommy08 October 16, 2013

Watch as a family

I watched this show as a kid seen the entire series and my kids have watched a couple episodes with me but they are more interested in cartoons at the moment. But if they wanted to watch it with me I honestly would let them cause it's a good show and its real, and deals with actual situations that people deal with in day-to-day life. Real families have money issues, don't have perfect bodies, and don't always get along, that is normal for most people. And it is frustrating to me that their weight is even brought up, when it has nothing to do with the show this isn't "biggest loser" its a sitcom.