Parent reviews for Ryan's Mystery Playdate

YouTube star unboxes friends, not toys, in fun family show.

Adult Written byLDENNISON112784 April 29, 2019

HORRIBLE!!!!!!

I started letting my son watch Ryan's toys review and everything seemed to be good at 1st. After a few episodes I realized the parents are using their Child for their own benefits. It's technically not a Toy review. It almost feels like they purchase their child all of these toys and Host onYouTube To show them off or rub it in to other families. I stop letting my son watch his videos when they video taped a family vacation and my son begged me to take him to Disney world and I had to explain to Liam the I could not take him because we did not have the money that Ryan had. After that he asked me why does Ryan get all of these toys and he can't. And his mother and father are annoying and seem fake.
Adult Written byFatherJohn April 28, 2019

Spoiled Kid who shouldn’t be on TV

I didn't allow the children to watch Ryan on YouTube now I have to figure out how to block him on the NickJR app (still haven’t found a way) and on the TV.

He’s popular for his “Toy” reviews and his “personality”. He’s an over indulged child that his parents are using to support their family. Also his mother is very loud and annoying.

Children do not need the influence of this child/his family with their More/Newer/Better.
We need to teach kids to appreciate what they have, use their imagination, play outside, and how to enjoy life without a constant barrage of material possessions.

Adult Written byrar94 July 12, 2019

TERRIBLE!!!

I also created an account to give my opinion on the ridiculous show. There is nothing remotely entertaining or educational about this show. The child and the parents are horrible actors. This show does not warrant a time slot on Nickelodeon, since we have to pay for this garbage. This needs to be taken off the air immediately!!
Adult Written byNolervi63 July 27, 2019

A doofus, a helicopter mom, and a weird kid

Every parent here is ranting about how bad the show is but I want to break down the details of why...

First of all I don't think they're good role models. The mom has this frantic, nervous energy and I feel like she's the type of parent to bring Clorox wipes to the playground to wipe the slide before and after her kid uses it.

The titular character is an over indulged little kid. On their YT channel, he can never lose a game or a """challenge""" and it's the same on this show. He doesn't help with kids emotional regulation or social skills or anything. I feel like he'd throw a tantrum if a challenge was "too hard." Do you want your kids to learn that behavior? He also does this weird and annoying thing with his mouth/voice/pronunciation that my kid has started copying. No.

Dad is a loveable dingus that probably sleeps til 3 in the afternoon or something. Idk. He's fine. I'd watch him bumble around a toy store for 30 minutes.

But the show is a weird premise and it stars a weird family. It's pointless. It's mindless. And something about it just really strikes me as wrong.

Adult Written byloulou79 June 30, 2019

Absolute rubbish .

It’s all about the parents now and how much money they can make , don’t even get me started on a child that is a spoiled brat and likes everything his own way which is actually his parents fault for rewarding him ! I want to kick the tv in when I hear that ghastly theme tune too.. my daughter loves it of course .. so just limit her time ton1/2 episodes .. but I hate it with a passion .

Adult Written byGangsteroflove111 June 15, 2019

How did this kid get a show ?!

So confused to how this child and his parents got their own show. After 5 agonizing minutes I had to change the channel. Please cancel this garbage!
Adult Written byDisaMena September 19, 2019

Completely Fake!!

In the beginning, when my kids first saw Ryan's show on Nickelodeon, yeah we all thought- cool, let's see what it's about... I gave it the benefit of the doubt and thought, maybe it'll get better. But it's really not. I can see what other parents are talking about and they're not wrong at all! The "Daddy" as they call him on the show, is always doing this awkward move where he shakes his head as in nodding yes with his mouth open, exposing his big teeth. He does that throughout the whole show and it just erks me. He's definitely a horrible actor- SUPER FAKE- and I'm sure Nickelodeon sees it but tolerates it. Now the mom, she's just as horrible as her husband but not as bad! What are the parents purposes on the show, I have no idea! And Ryan, every play date he has, he has to be the winner, never been taught to lose! He gets super easy hints that doesn't give any challenge! So all this tells me is he is spoiled, doesn't like to share, and this family- not only needs a haircut- but let's they're son walk all over them!
Overall this is a horrible show and when I see it coming on, I change the channel to PBS for my toddler.
Adult Written byTandy0121 July 12, 2019

Poor Quality and very Boring

My 7 year old son loved watching Ryan on YouTube even wanted all the toys being sold at different stores( which by the way are a waste of money and ridiculously expensive for what they are). I just watched this show twice and could stand to watch it completely. It is very boring, not educational and the father is extremely annoying to watch. This show should be cancelled.
Adult Written byJill78Sam August 20, 2019

No educational purpose

I find this show odd. The father in the show makes it seem very rehearsed. Ryan has seen and played with every toy known to man but he smiles anyway. The "mystery play dates" well are not really
educational. One episode had a woman on smearing shaving cream and food coloring all over a table!!!???
Adult Written byIdontknow1 July 22, 2019

Go back to the drawing board

No need to be mean and criticize either one of the parents or Ryan himself. That being said, the show annoys me. My daughter likes it a lot and gets a kick out of the dad cuz she thinks he’s funny. I think the idea of a family doing fun adventures together is fun, but it definitely needs some work. There is something missing. Maybe invite some kids that are fans of the show and involve them some way. It’s good that they are given hints to guess who the mystery play date is, but maybe have them learn something from the person in addition to having fun. They need to do something cuz when I get an opportunity to turn the channel- I do.
Adult Written byZefrn July 14, 2019

Terrible show

A YouTuber gains more than his/her 15 minutes of fame. My child watched this on the tablet and it sounded terrible then - so much so we blocked the channel. Now the family has received a television show that portents nothing of educational value juxtaposed with terrible animated ‘hosts?’ The show is really a more a win for exploiting her child and acting like an idiot Herself along with a new parent figure - perhaps a husband or brother. In the end the show is a waste of time and money and rewards the talentless writers and hacks that produce the show.

Parent Written bygoodparentoverhere June 10, 2019

Don't let your young kids watch this!

This show has consumerism because Ryan unboxes toys that other children watch. I hate it! It just makes Graham, my 5 year old son, JEALOUS! DO NOT LET KIDS 7 AND UNDER WATCH!!! Even if they're 8+, it's still pretty horrible.

Adult Written bymommy602 May 20, 2019

this show is cute!

Its so sad the amount of ADULTS hating on this little kid! Mad because their kids didn't get a show! smh this show is cute my kids watched their YouTube channel and they love the show. I say good job Nick Jr and I can't wait for the show to grow! :)
Adult Written byOlder then dirt June 3, 2019

Not More of him

I refused to let my grandchildren watch him on kids u tube and turn the channel to anything else besides him and his ridiculous family when it comes on the television. His family are completely immature and the little boy is extremely annoying. Not a good role model for children at all, either him or his silly parents. Why on God's green earth was he ever given a show??????

Adult Written bycommentsense 28 May 18, 2019

THE WORST SHOW

I was happy for Ryan and his family while they were doing YouTube (which is free) but for them to force this crud on Nick ( which we parents pay for) is wrong. the kid Ryan is annoying, the father acts like a fool with a mental condition and the mother you can tell is completely fake. these parents are taking advantage of the fact that their son became popular on YouTube and are now seeking money at all cost, even at the cost of other kids learning that immature,annoying attitude which they are putting in front of them. it is not healthy for kids to think that this is the way they should act or that this is the way their parents should be.
Parent of a 6 and 17-year-old Written byMommycriticreviewer May 5, 2019

My son loves him from YouTube!

It gives my son a look at new toys he might want and Ryan is very funny to him

Adult Written byJayS312 July 2, 2021

Dear Jesus lord in heaven please take this show out of our lives.

Every time I hear that horrid kazoo and tone deaf intro I want to throw a brick at the TV. I also hate Blaze and The Monster Machines but at least that one engages the kids. The voices and sounds are just way too stimulating and loud. Ryan’s show is just way too much visual garbage. The weird pinball sounds, the pretend-stupid parents, the lame guests who do the dumbest simplest activities (like wow Ryan was able to karate chop a BANANA), the unnecessary trinkets, whoseewhatsies, thingamajigs—- to distract from what is basically blues clues in a terrible terrible way. My heart is with Blues Clues and Josh. The father in this show is just like. A hard no. I don’t understand why these parents had to be the ones on there. They’re sort of the worst. They’re always like bouncing around with their arms ready to catch something. It’s just wayyyy too much. I do know that Ryan has a toy review channel, but we don’t watch it, thank god. I honestly dislike 80% of Nick Jr shows. It’s kind of a dud channel. Blues Clues, Paw patrol—- that’s it. Sometimes bubble guppies. Ryan’s show is one of the only with real people in it and I feel like there’s probably a good reason why the shows are cartoons.

Any hoot. I love how this show has. 3 star rating Bc like 4 planted reviews gave it 4 stars, when clearly everyone thinks it’s shite. “How can you hate a little kid it’s so sad!” Shut up. We don’t hate the kid. We hate the show. And mostly the parents. The kid is the kid he’s acting. The adults are responsible for the horridness. Id love nothing more to hear that it was over and out.
Adult Written byChardonnay89 June 2, 2021

I can’t

I get that this kid is living the dream. Opening toys that are sponsored, paid $26million a year. Going on vacations that other companies pay for publicity. But this show, is kind of ridiculous. I guess a lot of little kid shows are ridiculous to adults and we don’t understand the appeal. I don’t think his parents should be on the show. I think this was their reach for recognizability so their son isn’t the only one in the spotlight. But it’s their own production company so they get to pick who’s in it. There’s no educational background but theirs so many shows that don’t have that either. My kids enjoy it but explains to them over and over that we don’t have that kind of money like he has is getting old lol
Parent of a 3 and 12-year-old Written by08Jayden08 May 9, 2021

Don’t Show This To your Kids!!

The Play dates Are Not even Playdates They Just Do Some Mess with a Kid And His Parents. It is Way too Repetitive For Preschool Age Children, And Targets Kids As Old as 5 or 6 Years of Age. It is Not Even Educational, And The Animation Looks Like Someone Put Their Hand in A Garbage Can And Smeared it on the Paper. It’s Intended Audience (2 to 6) is Very Impressionable And Will Be as Messy As this Show And Should NOT Watch This. And It is Also a Cash Grab For Crappy Plastic Toddler Merchandise Stuff, Switch The Channel To PBS Kids or something for Your Kid if You Know He/She is Watching it. And Teach Them They Will Never Always Win like Ryan

Adult Written byManders0505 May 5, 2021

This show is ridiculous

I think this show is so stupid and shouldn't be on any tv at all Its all fake and I just cannot stand it I wish I could block this show