All teen and kid member reviews for Sailor Moon

Teen, 17 years old Written byCornholita July 21, 2012

OH EM GEEZ! I LOVE SAILOR MOON!!

Sailor Moon was my favorite show when I was a kid. I used to watch it when I was 5. To give you an idea, Sailor Moon is like Cutie Honey, Sabrina the Teenage Witch, Power Rangers, Barbie and Disney Princess all rolled into one. The edited English dub I would say possably 5 or 6, the uncencored dub and sub I would probably say 10 and up, but I averaged it in the revue to maybe 7 in all. Although I do watch the dub for nostalgic reasons, if you want the whole story, watch the uncensored dub and sub and read the newly reprinted manga. I showed my little 11 year old sis the manga and the anime and she loves it. There is some violence and scary monsters. Some flirting and dating, and in the uncensored media Sailor Uranus and Sailor Neptune are indeed lesbian lovers, but the censored dub disguised the relationship as cousins. The transformation sequences does imply that they are naked, but nothing is showing, more somewhat silloetted sans eyes and facial features. Nothing dirty or anything like that is what I'm trying to say. To make a long story short, if you love magical girl anime, definatly check out Sailor Moon.
Teen, 15 years old Written bylunacat May 26, 2012

Cool!

Awesome! The Sailor Moon series is cool. It has been edited waaaaayyyy too much though. If you want to see what sailor moon really is, watch the original japanese version with subtitles or read the manga (comic books) written by the original creator. The original sailor moon series and the books are good for kids ages 11 and up. Anyway, about the english one. Sailor Moon is very fun to watch and it has a great plot. I like how every character is important and has their own unique story that helps create the big ending.
Teen, 16 years old Written bySANDVICHHeavy January 31, 2013

My fav anime! :D

Sailor Moon is one of the best anime about there. Sailor Moon is about a 14-year old girl,Usagi (Serena in the english dub),Who finds out she is "Sailor Moon" by a talking cat with a Cresent moon on her head called,"Luna". Serena and the other Sailor Scouts (named after planets) have to protect the world from the Negaverse, that wants to take the energy from all humans and take over the world. Sailor Moon is a very good anime,one of the best in my opinion. But,there's somethings that I think aren't really appropriate for some kids. There's alot of fighting,and alot of enimies from the Negaverse die, So do some Sailor Scouts,but they get reborn. In the original Japanese anime, Sailor Neptune and Sailor Uranus are lesbians,they were changed to cousins. Sailor Moon is getting a re-release for it's 20th anniversary this year in Summer. If you never watched Sailor moon or plan on doing it,then I recomend it. Sailor Moon is really good. :3
Kid, 12 years old February 14, 2014

Sailor moon is awesome

Typical magical girl anime. Has great role models. I started watching this when I was 11. My mum didn't allow me to see the gay content when I didn't know about gays, so I watched it in English which censored out any references to homosexuality. Now, at 12 I decided to watch the series in the original Japanese. Boy, it was better than the English version! The main character, Usagi Tsukino, nicknamed Usagi-chan or Usako by her boyfriend, is a cheerful girl and a great role model for kids. She may not study hard, but she is still great in other ways. Ami is always reading and studying and achieves great grades, a stereotypical Asian kid. But she has a sweet, gentle side to her. Raye is a very religious girl with a very bad temper. Minako is a girl who loves singing and wants to be a pop star. She is crazy when it comes to romance, desperate to find a boyfriend! Mako is a physically strong girl who gets bad grades but is great at karate and is black belt!
Teen, 13 years old Written byILuvMusic12 June 29, 2014
I personally have always enjoyed Sailor Moon. I have watched the anime and read the manga. The anime itself is great. There is no cursing, sex, or nudity. There is also violence but it's not graphic or bloody. In fact, there is no blood at all. I think that Sailor Moon is a safe anime for younger kids and even older fans.
Teen, 13 years old Written byYuuki777 August 4, 2015

THE NOSTALGIA

I just started rewatching this series (I loved it when I was a kid) and I STILL love it! You can actually relate to the protagonist for once, and it's fun to watch.
Teen, 17 years old Written bysky9a9 January 8, 2015

Girly and Magic for younger tweens

Teen, 15 years old Written byChromeOS May 21, 2015

Sailor Moon

Sailor Moon involves a small bit of violence, although anything too scary for small children has been edited out for the English version. There is some romance, but again, nothing explicit was left in the English version. Each Sailor Scout has qualities making her a good role model, and at the end of every episode, there is a short segment called Sailor Says (Probably my favourite part!) where the Sailor Scouts explain a lesson about how to be a better person relating to the plot of that episode. For example, in an episode where Sailor Moon goes to etiquette lessons to be a better princess, she explains that good manners are important.
Teen, 13 years old Written byToonamiFan13 July 5, 2013

Sailor Moon: Subbed and Dubbed

Depending if you watch Sailor Moon subbed or dubbed, there may be some iffy content in the show. The subbed version features mild nudity, a little blood, and while the characters don't swear a whole lot, there is the occasional 'oh my god' or 'oh crap'. There are two characters who are lesbian in the subbed version (cousins in the dubbed version). The dubbed version (by DiC Entertainment) is more tame than the subbed version by eliminating the nudity and language. So the subbed version is for pre-teens 12+ while the dubbed version is for kids 7+.
Teen, 13 years old Written bychibiakari July 3, 2013

She is the one named... Sailor Moon!

Sailor Moon is a classic cherished by many anime fans over the years. It has action, love, and an interesting story line. However, the violence in some episodes (especially the finale) can be a little intense. That is cut out in The dub. At times, there can be a lot of filler but it was a Saturday morning cartoon. Their skirts are short, but it also carried along in the manga. DiC managed a memorable cast of voice actors/actresses. Over all, very good. :)
Kid, 12 years old June 14, 2013

Dubbed version is better for kids under 12!

I really enjoy this anime!There are 2 versions of Sailor Moon: Dubbed (English version), and Subbed(English Subtitles). If you are over 12 years old, and can handle flashing lights (Lots), Bad Words, and some Nudity, then go ahead and watch the PG-13/Subbed version. If you cannot handle that stuff, or you're under 12 or have children under 12, watch the dubbed/PG version, it has less flashing lights, and no curse words. There is going to be a NEW Sailor Moon anime this summer, but I don't know if it will be safe for kids yet!
Kid, 11 years old August 21, 2012

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO COOL

sailor moon is soooooooooooooooo good i am in love with it. i love the art and plot is great.
Teen, 14 years old Written byYanderekittehx March 20, 2016

It's an amazing series

It's Amazin, Also what WRONG WITH GAY PEOPLE?????
Kid, 11 years old May 16, 2015

Amazing. Just wow!

I love this show. This is was my first anime, and the characters are amazing, and it's funny, (especially when Usagi screams or blushes) action-packed, and awesome. Although, there is a bit of cursing, and violence. I wouldn't recommend kids under 8 watching this, but I truly think it's for 9 and up! And not only will kids like it, adults might like it too! My mom and dad do! So grab up the family and watch some Sailor Moon! :D
Kid, 11 years old January 2, 2015

My review of Sailor Moon

The show is very tween-friendly! I would rate it TV-PG for many thematic stuff. Many people hate the DiC dub, because of the censorship. (That's odd, the show is shown on kid channels.) DiC wanted to make Sailor Moon more family-friendly, so they censored and changed some script (They still fallowed the story) as well as doing SOME un-nesicary censorship (Such as getting rid of sweat drops, devil horns,etc) They also did something awesome! They changed the original Zoisite from a male to a female. (They didn't want kids knowing about gays. Zoisite was a boy friend and student to Kunzite!)
Kid, 12 years old February 16, 2016

good lessons

Its amazing! It teaches great lessons!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byMinakoHouraisan September 29, 2015

Awesome.

I love Sailor Moon a lot, I'd say it's better for older children and teens as there is some nudity, but nothing too bad. It's a good starter anime as well. Some cheesy lines and some cheesy enemies as well, but it's still great. Not a huge fan on the English dub, I haven't watched the updated English dub though, but I'd still recommend the Japanese over the original English. I like Sailor Venus most. Nice message about friendship at times too.
Kid, 10 years old June 20, 2016

BEST ANIME EVER

This is my favorite anime of all time, it's definitely for kids too. I watched this anime all the time with my little sister. We watched the uncut version. It really depends on the version you watch, 4KIDZ dub: 5+ Japanese version: 9+ Uncut version: 10+. All the characters are great role models. Whenever the sailor senshi are in a bad situation, there is ALWAYS hope for them, you may think "How will they get out of this?" But they always have hope and believe in theirselves (unlike Madoka Magica). I would recommend this anime for anyone, especially people who are just starting to like anime. But it does have some kiss scenes and romance. This anime is both hilarious and can be a little sad at the same time.
Kid, 1 years old June 1, 2016

soooooo awesome

Its a very good show and very addicting. I recommend it to people 10 and up because there is some cursing , violence, and strong romance between boys and girls. Overall its a great show.
Kid, 12 years old May 18, 2016

amazing

Its amazing!! I think it should me 8 and up cause when they transform they are naked but nothing is shown. I think this is a perfect anime me and my mom love it!!! :)