Parent reviews for Salvation

Solid doomsday drama looks to STEM for solutions.

Adult Written byManue150591 March 26, 2021

Best end of the world serie

Really great ! Drama suspense and at the end of every episode something come up for you to want more

Parent of a 8-year-old Written byAnne C. November 21, 2020

Entertaining

We are currently watching this on our Saturday Movie Night. It's a bit tricky yo find a movie that appeals to kids aged 14 and 12, but is also appropriate for an 8 year old (and that my husband and I can injoy as well), but so far (3 episodes watched) this fits the bill. It's not big on action but it is slick and easy to watch, with charismatic actors a pleasing pace, and the end-of-the-world theme isn't overdone. As a science teacher I really like that science/STEM is prominent in the episodes: my oldest kid often commented about Newton's Laws and things like constant velocity (he just went over this in his science class). There is a nasty torture scene in episode 3 that upset our 8 year old a little, but the violence is suggested more than actually shown, and we do see characters drinking beer and jumping into bed together right at their first meeting, which might not sit well with every family's value system, but the general message is hopeful and that resourceful humans can find solutions to problems.

Adult Written byXavi06 November 26, 2018

Fantastic show

I can t understand why the audience was so small, probably because not many have heard about it. But I would so love to see a 3d season

Adult Written bytrishawhit September 30, 2018
Adult Written byHawaiigirl42 June 20, 2018

Salvation

This is the best show ever but not for youngsters! It can be emotional due to the content, but is catchy!
Adult Written byEdgar M. September 16, 2017

Best Tv Show Ever!!

It is a very catchy show! Has a lot of action and leaves you wanting to see more and more. I finished the season 1 in one day! IT was that great!

Adult Written bySteven P. August 11, 2017

Bad Drama; Worse Science

Remarkably bad science in this show.

We watch as top Pentagon officials break a satellite from orbit around Jupiter to intercept the asteroid – commanding the whole scenario live – IN REAL TIME. Have these writers never watched a video of NASA interacting with Mars?! Signals between planets are delayed by distance. At it’s closest, a signal to Jupiter would take 35 minutes. If you send a command to a spacecraft near Jupiter, you wouldn’t hear back from it until over an hour.

At one point Liam comes up with the “brilliant” idea of finding the right frequency for the experimental EM drive by prioritizing which (of hundreds of thousands) of frequencies are tested. What’s his genius methodology for filtering down the number of frequencies? He gets the talking computer to figure it out for him and call him when she’s done. Sheesh!
Parent Written byjimk August 11, 2017

Nice to see STEM front and center but science and politics pretty bogus

While it's great to see science and scientists the heros, I wish they could have made even a slight attempt at realism. E.g., maneuvering probes near Jupiter with real-time HD video on high-energy orbits like a video game? The government able to keep it secret? Fun, but it could have been more.