All parent member reviews for Sam & Cat

Parent Written byanthony90210 June 9, 2013

Parents Should Know to Watch a Dan Schneider Show Just to Be Safe.

Lets face it, most of the people who will comment are fans of the show, but in my view, I'm still on and off on this show, there are a lot of inappropriate events that happen, especially when Sam puts a Baby in Bushes (which could be allergic) and the part when the Grandmother puts Sam and Cat inside a sofa bed (which could suffocate someone) and also the part when they were helping revive a man by jumping and sitting on the man. I wouldn't say that the show is funny at least not as funny as icarly or victorious, but parents should know already, if it is a Dan Schneider show, YOU BETTER WATCH IT YOURSELF JUST IN CASE.
Parent Written byMrCrocodile June 9, 2013

Moving Past the Fame Concept

Sam & Cat starts off really well! It begins with Sam (I assume after high school since the series finale of iCarly actually takes place most likely in May or June and Carly was revealed to be too old for a father-daughter dance by the next year, which is usually 18) who is driving across the country on her motorcycle, with no where else to be now that Carly's gone. Once she meets Cat and they have to take over the responsibility of babysitting kids that was previously done by Cat's grandmother, she finds a reason to settle somewhere. Note that this is a show created by Dan Schneider, so quit looking for fictional role models! If you understand his humor or why he adds in things if you read the fun facts for some of his shows on his blogs, you'll be able to understand and hopefully enjoy this show. Take the show like this: we all know Sam isn't that good with kids as she never really got along with them, and although Cat is just about Sam's age, she's still like a little kid herself. I feel that can make their time with kids so crazy and part of why the show will be fun. To top it all off, as you see in the first episode, the kids give Cat's Nona a hard time and by the end of the episode, the kids and Sam and Cat are able to have a overall good day with each other that pleases their parents. Sam living with Cat and taking care of little kids can bring out a softer side of her which I think is evident in the first episode - but more on that in a bit. Cat could have more of a tougher skin living with Sam as she probably would if it were Jade from Victorious. It was nice to see that good side of Sam almost after the show starts. Saving Cat and giving Cat all the money they earned from babysitting at the end of the day. Cat, being already sweet, whether or not you've been irritated by her voice, sleeping with Sam on the couch for the night was also a good scene as we are told what made Sam not stay in Seattle anymore. With their connection already in check, I can tell we can see more of that as time goes on which is what makes the show good: Sam & Cat's connection. It's sweet in its own way the way Sam & Carly were in iCarly. What else makes the show good are the other main characters, Dice and Nona, played by Cameron Ocasio and Maree Cheatham. Especially Nona, who already fits in as the sweet grandmother of Cat's we heard about in Victorious. There's going to be a ton of crazy stories during this show's run and I'm prepared for it. For me, this show will either show in a funny way, why you should or shouldn't leave your kids with Sam & Cat. Still, it's best to look at the show in this perspective, of all the things that's been mentioned and enjoy the show. It had a good opening, one of the best pilots I've seen for a show from Schneider's Bakery and it was funny and sweet (the least I can say without already going deep into the show).
Parent of a 7 and 12 year old Written bykaloren July 22, 2013

Ditzy red head and mean girl friend

So far from what I have seen this is a tween show that makes girls look mean and dumb. My tween thinks its funny, but I am not so sure I will keep letting her watch it. I need to watch another episode before I make a full judgement, but definitely not for younger kids in my book.
Parent of a 14 year old Written bydramaqueen@hotm... August 9, 2013

i Carly is much better!

im more of an i Carly fan but some shows have to end and new ones have to be on tv so this show eh it's okay but not as good as i Carly.
Parent Written byLandD's Mom August 15, 2013

not very sensitive...

The episode where an adult character has a transracial adoptive mom is insulting and ill-written. "I should have saved the receipt." is one of the more offensive quotes. My children are transracial adoptees and asked me to turn the channel because they now think the show is "stupid". I should note that we have not watched any of the previous shows that this is spun-off due to their ages (6 & 8)
Educator Written byBigchris June 6, 2013

Looks like a kid version. Of the two broke girls

Ok here we go I haven't seen this show yet but I plan too but I have seen alot of ads and I am a 23 year old man with a 9year old sis however I do not think Sam is a very good role model she has already left cat alone to do all the work even in the previews ps I love cat mabey talk to ur girls or boys about being more of a cat then a Sam ps yea This does remind me of cbs s two broke girls hopefully alot cleaner though lol
Adult Written bycommonsensegal September 25, 2013

Ariana Grande or Jennette McCurdy can be my wife!

Adult Written byadvocatewhat'sright December 10, 2014

So glad it ended

Victorious and iCarly were both solid shows. This show, however, is a big step down. There's not much realism and worse, the show has questionable content. This show seemed at first like it would have potential, but the show only kept getting worse and worse every new episode. Luckily, it got cancelled due to problems on set. Final score: 1/10 ("awful")
Parent of a 1, 9, and 11 year old Written byamymomof3girls October 24, 2014

Kids Love It!

We were so sad when iCarly ended. There are still reruns, but no more new episodes? Then Victorious ended, another one of our favorite shows. But then came Sam & Cat. The kids were elated, and so sad when this show ended early because of a minor scandal. Despite the little scandal, it is a really good show that keeps us laughing and it is nice and clean!
Parent Written bymirypil June 18, 2014

Sam has the most annoying voice ever

I think this is not great show for kids. All I hear is Sam is screaming all the time and here voice is something else. Can she talk like normal person.
Educator and Parent Written bydvdgirl March 28, 2014

dumb show.

just not that good of a show. i rather i Carly.
Parent Written byRoseLilly March 8, 2014

Inappropriate humor for Kids!

Am I the only one that finds this show a bit offensive??Although the show may give you a laugh or two, I find it very meaningless and inappropriate for any kid, but especially younger children. I am a mother of two (daughter 4 and son is 1). The show comes on Nickelodeon which my kids sometimes watch. When the cartoons go off, Sam and Cat comes on and my children for some reason take much interest in it, especially my son who is only 1! He loves it...It seems as if that's his favorite show right now!(weird, I know) So for that reason we decided to tune in and see what it is that he likes about this show. I will have to see it is sort of entertaining and silly. Cat's voice at first is very disturbing and annoying. Then after awhile you get used to it. My problem is that there are so many little things I pick up on when I watch it that are not right. It seems like they make a mock of retarded people very often. Cat is always acting very dumb. Sam is Always mean and rude. They have a grown man who acts retarded ( hate to sound harsh). Nothing against people with disabilities, but when you use them just for laughs what message are you sending? I guess this show is not meant to be a role model type but I wish they would show it on teen nick so that small children wouldn't watch it. I assume maybe I'll have to stick with sprout and other channels because nickelodeon is definitely on the borderline for kids. Also I know some people are into the whole symbolic thing and I would have to say there are definitely a few symbols, numbers, and such, that are VERY questionable, but I won't go into that. Also one episode at the very end there were like three young boys and an old man and they were all in Girls dresses?? Um Yea...I really didn't like my son seeing that. Another thing there are no parents. I think both girls are beautiful and it may be ok for teens, but overall it's just bad taste and does not send a positive message and many times offensive.
Parent of a 6, 9, and 14 year old Written bytgmdavis January 20, 2014

Discouraged by such ignorant childrens program.

So sad that someone would be paid to act they have a disability. That is rarely funny. Catsmovement's, while straining to sound like an idiot, is just down right discouraging.