All parent member reviews for Samurai Jack

Parent Written byPlague November 15, 2010

Samurai Jack

Great for kids.
Parent of a 10 and 13 year old Written byDavid600780 September 17, 2009

A great adventure show for kids

This show takes on the adventures of a nameless samurai warrior who was sent into the future by a demonic wizard so that his reign can prosper. While initially the samurai is nameless, the residents in the future came to call him "Jack". It is a highly adventurous and action packed show that would be fun to watch for the kids 10 and up. For a cartoon, I got to say this is one of my favorites up there with Kappa Mikey. Samurai Jack himself exhibits the characteristics of a stoic hero. He is unfailingly polite and humble despite the completely alien nature of the futuristic world and never scoffs at or disparages the customs of the people he encounters (as unpleasant as they seem to him at times). As any adventure for older kids, violence soon follows. For the most part the battles that he partakes in is to banish the monsters and evil robots that thrive in the futuristic world. Blood isn't really an issue because almost everyone and everything he fights is a robot. As for the living he generally knocks them out or disarms their weapons. An excellent cartoon for any adventure fan.
Parent of a 6 year old Written byJASmith42 April 7, 2011

Not for tweens or younger

Jack is a pristine example of honor, honesty and hard work. A lot of film and story references younger viewers (and less film aware parents) will not get. Some of the violence may be too intense for some kids. The style is simple but emotions portrayed are not. Example: in one episode Jack enters a silent black and white spirit world to save the spirits/souls of a family captured by an evil entity. Not much dialogue but a lot if intense imagery.
Parent Written byTheThing2010 March 13, 2011

Great family, adventure series!

I remember watching this cartoon as a kid when the first episode came out. It started off weak at first, but as it progressed it had a well-developed storyline with memorable characters and cool fighting moments. Although you cannot travel back in time and undo everything for real, I declare it as a solid story.
Parent Written byhgwqhge03 September 19, 2013

this show is very different from other CN shows

I love how this show was very original and creative and truly one of the coolest action shows of all time as a kid I didn't like it but now I love it, its a real masterpiece its sad that this show only lasted 4 seasons however there are plans for a Samarui Jack Film