All parent member reviews for Sanjay and Craig

Adult Written byadvocatewhat'sright June 2, 2013

Oh come ON! What is wrong with you people?!

You guys CANNOT be serious. You actually LIKE this abomination? Seriously? Oh, don't worry, I wasn't brainwashed by the main review, but by the COMMERCIALS. This show should NOT be shown to 8 and up! This is the kind of show one would expect to see on Cartoon Network, NOT NICK! It's clearly inappropriate for Nick viewers. I mean, first Marvin Marvin, then Wendel and Vinnie, and now this? WHY couldn't they just continue Victorious? It didn't even get a proper ending! AND it was supposed to end with 60 episodes, but they only gave us 58! Plus, it was pointed out that Nick shows usually end with Sixty-FIVE episodes! That's seven more eps we could have had! As for the show being original, it's basically a poor-man's Regular Show or Adventure Time. NOT ORIGINAL! But even those shows don't talk about things like BUTT TRANSPLANTS! I mean COME ON! Sanjay and Craig are perverted! They actually go out of their ways JUST to watch a butt transplant AND they walk around with their underwear! Regular Show is a LOT better than this, and it IS on Cartoon Network. And for "it has good friendship messages" that excuse does not cut it either! You want a story with unlikely friends? Watch The Fox and the Hound, Oliver & Company, Lilo & Stitch, Charlotte's Web, Bambi, Dumbo, The Adventures of Milo and Otis, or Gordy. ALL superior to this nonsense. So, in conclusion, I will add that only time will tell if these good reviews are real or not. And by that I mean, were the creators PAID to write that? Only time will tell if they were or not. But I won't be surprised when it turns out they WERE (I certainly hope so, for all that is sane in this world). Otherwise, the world as we know it must be ending. I may one of the last people on Earth to live if that's the case. -9000/10 UPDATE ON JUNE 8: Episode 5 (Heightmare) ripped off the SpongeBob episode Roller Cowards. That PROVES this show is not original!
Parent Written byTayliz7 June 13, 2013

Awful show.

Personally I hate the show, and I watch Nickelodeon cartoons constantly. This isn't the type of stuff I'd want my son to pick up on or find funny, granted he will find things like farts and poop funny one day, but I don't need a television series encouraging it and making it worse than it already will be. Its too crude for my taste and I watch Spongebob and Fairly Oddparents on a daily basis. I've yet to find anything positive about this show and I wish they'd just remove it and bring back things like T.U.F.F Puppy or Back at the Barnyard.
Parent of a 5, 11, and 17 year old Written bysggriff July 6, 2013

Blatant sexuality on a NickJr show???

This show is so inappropriate for the targeted age range. Going from Sponge Bob and Fairly OddParents to a show that repeatedly highlights and does close ups of huge bouncing boobs and butt cheeks of women, uses crude language and humor almost nonstop and isn't even funny, is completely bizarre to me. "Bikini Bottom" on Sponge Bob is one thing; near nudity is another. The show is a confusing mass of unintelligible chaos from start to finish, except for close up shots of unrealistically large women's breasts and bottoms and the language you would expect to hear from pre-teens. Give this one a miss if you want your children to retain any innocence for a few more years and/or learn to respect women.
Adult Written byJEDI micah May 27, 2013

FINALLY, an original hand-drawn show on Nick!

This is what Nickelodeon needed: Originality, hand-drawn animation, silly characters, funny dialogue, and comical plots! I am very proud of Nick coming back with this stuff for this new cartoon! As stupid as it is, it is quite entertaining! Kids, especially boys, will get a kick out of the humor! I know I do! And parents, don't let the 2 stars that Common Sense gave this show brainwash you! They obviously have no taste in this kind of humor. I sure hope this show will last long on Nick, cause this is something that they have been missing ever since computer-animated shows went here!
Parent of a 6 year old Written byAquarius25 February 27, 2015

wow people need to calm down

This show is sarcastic and funny my son adores this show as well as I do didn't you ever watch Ren and Stempy? As a kid? Or even now....? This show is not educational it's more for the freedom of making kids laugh not every cartoon is educational people my god let your kids live and laugh doesn't anybody remember being a kid everyone wants their kid to watch educational shows maybe you should teach your kids instead of thinking they need to watch education on tv! kids need to also laugh and be a kid the more your restrict your kid from the real world they will be ready to bust out the door at 18 this show makes me an my son laugh together maybe your should try it sometime
Parent of an infant and 4 year old Written byRobert Mask June 18, 2013

Relax parents, it's just a cartoon!

Before being concerned as to whether or not it's good for your kids are not take a step back and think about what you just asked. The underlying concern for most of today's parents with whether or not they can dump their child in front of the TV with the show on and walk away to do their own thing. This show is meant to be entertaining and funny to a child. So you find things like fart, poop, and barf jokes here and there with far out crazy images throughout the show. This type of show is very similar to the old Ren and Stimpy television series. But it's not meant to teach your children moral values, it's just meant to be funny "to them". You might not find it funny as an adult, but remember what it was like as a child to joke about farting with your friends, same thing here. So if you take the time to talk to and educate you child on right and wrong on a daily basis and not tell them "just a minute" every time they ask a question then this show shouldn't cause some sort of up bringing issues in your home.
Parent Written byFastDad82 June 3, 2013

Frantic and Not Funny

Frantic, anxious, and not really all that funny. The animation style is fresh and interesting, but the jokes are lame and then they are repeated again and again in an obnoxious and almost panicked way. The characters don't seem to be having fun so much as they seem like they're freaking out. Concerns that a parent might have for the gross content or suggestion of more mature content should come second to the threat of kids thinking this passes for actual humor. It's like a bad energy drink of a show.
Parent Written byMommyof2g May 3, 2014

This show should not be on air!

My kids watch Nick, and just watching the commercials for this show we are horrified! Then, my 9-year-old goes to school, and the kids are talking just like this and acting like these 2 characters. It is so inappropriate. It is teaching kids that bodily functions are funny, and other really gross things... This show needs to be off the air.
Adult Written byThunderStormin April 10, 2014

My gosh

Honestly, this show is an abomination. I watched less than 10 minutes of an episode and a few commercials and I was appalled. talk of disgusting things such as pooping and farting, ignorance of adults, utterly revolting in every way. this is something that Nick should never have let on the air. the "Saturday morning" commercial on Nick that shows the shows that play on Saturday, when a clip from the show played involving eating belly button lint, I actually nearly vomited from how disgusting it was. this is inappropriate for kids that might imitate some of the show or thing certain actions are ok.
Adult Written bySourGalaxy October 13, 2013

Really is as bad as they say it is

Sanjay and Craig is a recent Nickelodeon cartoon that just falls flat on every step. It relies on mostly toilet humor and nothing else. This show just feels like it was made to compete with Cartoon Network's latest shows and it isn't that good on it's own. It stars Sanjay, a human, with his anthropomorphic snake friend Craig. The show really isn't that good and I'm surprised it is rated TV-Y7 as opposed to TV-PG. This cartoon features a lot of really nasty crude humor and I'm surprised there isn't a content warning for crude humor on here. The first episode involves a butt transplant, and the fake butt gets thrown across the room and farts when people try to catch it. Another crude thing I've seen on this show is a cop who has leg muscles that look like male private parts, and Sanjay and Craig try to imitate it. Another dumb and crude moment involved a robot that farted on a barbeque with burgers and the characters cheered calling them "fart burgers". In the second episode a girl is making out with a CPR dummy and kids butts are occasionally shown. Language is tame, they only say stuff like "crud" or "stupid". Overall this is a terrible show for kids and it can barely even be considered a kids cartoon. Kids and Adults should stay away from this bad show.
Parent of a 1, 4, 8, 10, 13, 14, 14, and 17 year old Written byparentof7 February 26, 2015

why so much hate look

my kids love it so should you
Parent Written byJayce8654 January 22, 2015

Been watching since debut

My sons have been watching Sanjay and Craig, adventure time, regular show, clarence, uncle grandpa, 'gumball', Gravity Falls, etc, etc for a long time. I once believed these shows were all harmless and created equal. I also know my child could be watching Family Guy or playing Grand Theft Auto. Its also relevant that the days of childrens shows have changed drastically and dramatically. Sanjay and Craig is near the same level as Amazing world of Gumball, and Gravity Falls. There is typical bathroom humor, and the typical lack of adult supervision (which can be seen on PBS shows as well). Its silly, goofy, funny, and entertaining. They are buddies and they have fun and for the most part without hurting anyone. Your childs maturity and intelligence level should be a factor as well. However, mostly this is a great show for kids. I didnt enjoy the story line's or overall concept as much as Gumball and Falls though it was still a much better viewing experience than Uncle Grandpa. Thanks
Parent of a 2, 9, and 11 year old Written byTexasDadnCop September 19, 2013

Don't Allow Your Child to Watch This Program

This program will make your children think there are no consequences for their actions, they will learn how to be crude, rude and not follow the rules. So basically if you want to visit your child at the local juvenile detention facility this is the show for them. It is a lot like Bevis and Butthead of the 1990's which was targeted at a much older audience. This show should not be on during prime hours and Nick should not have gone there.
Parent Written bydrtwiggee October 30, 2013

I thought we got past this?

Sanjay and Craig appears to be a little stereotypical, maybe leaning toward a young boy of Native American descent with his toy tomahawk. It seems to be suggesting that it's normal for a young East Indian boy to have his pet snake, even though he hasn't got the basket and the pipe yet. Maybe he'll get those things for Christmas? I feel like the creators knew what they were doing, thought it was funny, and thought they could get away with it as long as they didn't push that envelope. I think it's totally unacceptable and should be removed from syndication. Many little boys like snakes, not just Indian ones.
Adult Written byqwerty999 June 8, 2013

It's okay

This show may be scary for kids seven and younger but I think it's okay for kids to watch as long as they don't try to repeat a lot of sanjay and craigs behavior. I think it's pretty stupid that some people here believe it should be 11 and up just because you see a butt. You should be more concerned with kids being traumatized by something violent and how the characters behavior affects the way the kid believe the world works.
Adult Written byyuri13 May 12, 2015

AWFUL!!!

IF ARE YOU CREATING YOUR CHILD TO BE STUPID THAT IS THE RIGHT SHOW.
Adult Written bybarneyhater December 15, 2014

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW WHO LIKES THIS CRAP!!! NICK IS DUMB

GROSS IS WHAT I SAY.
Parent Written byJunRohI'm18 November 3, 2014

Plain. Leonard.

The apocalypse starts here. Even little kids can see that this show is trying to pull off one thing. That awkward comedy is also for kids. I just feel like shooting myself seeing my sweet little brother turned so immature that that i would not be suprised if he ends up watching perverted shows and all of the stuff you don't want kids knowing about until college. Never watch this show even if someone puts you as sucessor for emporer of the world if you watch it, DON'T. This stuff is what you would find on cartoon network for immature teens and adults. NOT NICK! Over the past 2 years nickelodeon has turned into a pile of crap but now there really pushing it. Put child blocks on this show if you want your child or sibling you care about to be raised well. I wish i could give this show 0 stars but I can't. I wish this show was instantly cancelled which it probably will.
Parent of an infant and 5 year old Written byBarneyTheDinoRocks May 5, 2016

Hilarious, way better than its rip-off (South Park)

Sanjay's dad getting arrested for drunk driving, Sanjay eating a piece of lead, Craig's butt suckling, Megan eating Sanjay's crap, Hector taking meth and becoming an idiot, PURE GOLD! These guys are my other role models, besides Caillou and Barney the Dino.
Educator Written bytweetsville December 20, 2015