Parent reviews for Santiago of the Seas

Santiago of the Seas Poster Image

Another Nick Jr Rip

Feels like Disney’s Jake and the Neverland Pirates; only poorly done.

2 people found this helpful.

Great for young Spanish learners!

My kids are in preschool and a Spanish Immersion kindergarten and they love this show! I find it has more Spanish language and cultural education than Dora and a plot that is more fun! The characters are sweet, and I haven’t seen anything that is scary or intense (and my oldest is pretty sensitive to that kind of stuff). I just love everything about this show for my kids, and they are obsessed!

1 person found this helpful.

Simple kids show with environmentally friendly tilt.

Santiago of the season is a cute fun loving kids show that reminded you of the Disney series Jake and the Neverland Pirates. It is also a bit like Dora in its reference to say and repeat sentences in Spanish and then in English. There are pirates, mermaids, songs, magical glowing swords, and friendship all wrapped up into season one. There is an adorable little octopus that goes everywhere. Even on the masts of the ships. Many children may not understand the reference, but in one series the pirate friends fight and evil villain releasing black goop into the ocean to mine for gold....like an oil spill though it never comes out and says this.

PJ Masks meets a pre-school appropriate version of Pirates of the Caribbean

The show is fun, action-packed and visually pleasing. Kindness and caring for others are rewarded; selfishness and dishonesty bring misfortune. The Caribbean tunes are catchy and the pirates’ pets are super cute (even the villains’). The references to Puerto Rican culture are endearing, and the pirate theme is always a hit with the little ones. My kids are absolutely obsessed with this show. A light Spanish lesson for the kiddos is just the icing on the cake.