Parent reviews for Sarah & Duck

Whimsical series about friendship caters to kids' curiosity.

Parent of a 3 and 5-year-old Written byZoomLA June 15, 2016

Fantastic show for kids and adults!

I cannot fathom why this has averaged three stars. Perhaps some people can't manage more understated humor. This is a fantastic and charming show. There is zero violence and the show's slower pace is well suited to 3 year olds, though my 5 year old enjoys it just as much. (And for that matter, so do I.) As streamed on Netflix, each episode has three short episodes. Sarah and Duck are two whimsical characters who live in their own world, a world whose rules are internally consistent. Whether it's talking cakes or a painting lesson with the moon, Sarah & Duck shows kids a charming and creative view of the world around them. I love that the show actually makes sense in order, and a character you thought long forgotten is brought back in way that makes complete sense. I recommend this show to all of my friends with young kids. Absolutely wonderful. We are anxiously awaiting the third season.

Adult Written byWill S. June 7, 2018

My favorite show for my preschooler

I personally disagree with the 3-star rating this show currently has, as I firmly believe it is a 5-star show. It is creative, fun, well produced and brilliantly executed. The things that show lacks are things you would want to be missing, such as violence, name calling, bad behavior. Instead, the show presents a silly world, with a wonderfully normal main character and her lovable sidekick. I cannot recommend this show enough, and I wish my child would watch it more!

Parent of a 7 and 9-year-old Written byMrs. C. B. August 8, 2017

whole family fun

We watch this one together. Grown ups too! We can't wait for them to put out new episodes!

Parent of a 3-year-old Written byArranJ May 30, 2016

I Want to Watch Even Once the Little One is in Bed

I love this low-key, fantastical series. So pleasant to watch and always surprising and dreamy. Fantastic!
Adult Written byJennigreen February 10, 2020

A sweet show about friendship

Our whole family loves Sarah and Duck and for the longest time it was the only show we let our daughter watch. It’s sweet and calm with pure stories full of imagination and friendship. Duck’s silliness makes us all laugh. Just a really wonderful show we highly recommend.

Parent of a 2-year-old Written bymaximum_derek September 28, 2019

Love this show

My twin girls love this show, especially the animals. They recognize rhinos, sea cows, and laugh at Duck's antics. As a parent, I also find this enjoyable and don't dread watching the same episodes a million times. Each episode is only about 7 minutes long, so it is great for when you need to get lunch ready, or to wind down before bed.

Parent of a 4 and 4-year-old Written byWrigley1 September 24, 2019

Sweet. Intelligent. Love it.

This is easily one of our favorite shows. It is our go-to "before bedtime" program because everything about it has a soothing, calming effect - from the narrator's voice over to the music to the satisfying story conclusions. What I love is watching our kids catch some of the understated humor in the show...from an unobvious joke to someone's quick facial expression...and actually belly laugh. As an adult viewer, I appreciate that you can watch an episode more than once and see new things happening in the background that you never noticed before. We watched it for 3 months before I realized Duck falls asleep in every episode. It became a game to point out where in each show. There is lovely continuity throughout the series with characters, story lines and musical composition. Sarah and Duck are also very calm problem solvers. If there is such a thing as sophistication in children's animated programming, this is it.

Parent of a 2-year-old Written byMcstanton September 22, 2019

Best toddler show we've found

Sarah and duck are calm, polite, creative, caring characters. They don't learn a lot of scientifically sound information but it focuses on more social skills and imagination which is more important for younger kids anyway.

Parent of a 2, 3, 4, and 13-year-old Written byNick B. September 2, 2019

Great show for young kids!

I have seen all the episodes with my children multiple times. It doesn’t get old or annoying, it has great character attitudes, language, and behavior. My kids enjoy it and I am hard pressed to find a better children’s show that has these qualities.

Parent of a 3-year-old Written byStewart M. June 22, 2019

Least annoying kid’s show ever.

Are you tired of the loud, obnoxious cartoons that try to get your kid excited with their loud, obnoxious songs? This is not that! Great characters and rich storylines in a calm cartoon that should be good for any age group.

Adult Written bydxdxm June 7, 2019

One of the best shows: Simple and sweet

Ditch Peppa Pig, this one is a great example of preschool shows. If you are looking for a similar one, I recommend Peg + Cat.
Parent Written byDave W. June 2, 2019

So creative, silly, and cute!

It may require some explanation, but this fantastical animation is beautiful, sweet, caring, inventive, and great even for adults. Such a high bar

Parent of a 6-year-old Written byetsim19 May 3, 2019

Our Favorite Kids TV Show!

I found this on Netflix originally, and introduced my daughter to it when she was about 3. It has been her favorite kids t.v. show ever since! It's a clever, silly, funny, and creative show. Even I thoroughly enjoy watching episodes with her. Truly a breath of fresh air when it comes to television/movies. We've bought every season, and re-watch them regularly. There is nothing even remotely suggestive or inappropriate about this show.

Adult Written byAppleButter1 December 22, 2018

Sweet and calm

This show is excellent for little ones! It is slow, calm, and safe. Sarah & duck go on their simple adventures with a cast of other characters and there is nothing negative. The narrator’s voice is soothing and the characters are all charming. We love this show!

Parent of a 2-year-old Written bySalashar73 September 13, 2018
Lovely whimsical show about Sarah and her adventures with her pal, Duck. Slow paced, not over stimulating, beautiful graphics and imaginative, simple adventures appropriate for little kids. Sarah is a wonderfully inquisitive and considerate little girl looking to learn and engage with the world around her. It's a little bit of whimsy and psychedlic. It's a welcome respite from other preschool shows that have janggly tunes and sensory overload. The narration by Roger Allam is soft, nurturing and paternal. It's fabulous.

Parent of a 4-year-old Written bygomae August 30, 2018

Parent of a 3 and 5-year-old Written byMegan D. July 21, 2018
Adult Written byKirsten O. April 13, 2018

Amazing!!

Love this show, I'm not personally bored when watching with my daughter and she loves to have this little treat of a show. It gives adults and eye into their kids minds and gives kids a positive outlook on their little lives

Parent of a 3 and 5-year-old Written byOwen L. April 2, 2018

funny and cute

A great show for kids about 3 years old. A lot of silly fun like talking bags and shallots. Kids also love seeing other kids going out by themselves and doing things like riding the bus and going to the store or library.

Adult Written byDan M. March 25, 2018

Perfect

We've fought to find shows for our three year old boy that really move along, but aren't intense. This is it. The main characters live in a deep world that is charming and peaceful, yet interesting and magical. Nothing scary, violent or destructive. Just the adventures of a precocious and curious Sarah (and always an "adult in the room" with the baritone-voiced narrator).

I mean...Venus, Mars, and the Moon are characters. It's wonderful. We all love it.