All parent member reviews for Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated

Parent of a 3, 6, and 9 year old Written byMamaNikkiP August 17, 2010

Not as mild as the older series

My kids are all huge Scooby Doo fans, but this new series spooks my 3 yr old a lot, the older episodes are more enjoyable for her
Adult Written byAl Jackson April 15, 2012

Great SD adaption!

This adaption of Scooby Doo is GREAT! I like the past Scooby Doo and I was sad when it got canceled.Then I saw anadvertisment for this show and it looked great.Then I watched an episode of it.My predictions were right on target! Everything about the show was GREAT!
Parent Written byCSM Screen name... March 14, 2014

LEARNING

RUH?! Very disappointed with this new take on Scooby Doo

This is NOT the Scoob and the Mystery Gang stories we'd come to know & love. In my opinion, the show's retake is really ruined - it is scarier/ 'darker' (monsters), "sexier" (with Velma & Daphne frequently chasing after/ seeking affection from Shaggy & Fred and *always* being rejected; biggest change I think is with Velma - both her character and her breast size have changed! And girls in general wear skimpier clothing), Fred seems dumber and most importanly, the mystery stories are simply BORING! The songs and music which used to be a bigger part of the show have also changed style in a less appealing/ catchy way. The overall effect is a less engaging, borning show, not sending the best messages to our kids.
Parent of a 13 year old Written byDr. Weird September 11, 2010

Good Scooby.

A great take on Scooby and Shaggy. Yeah.
Adult Written bytvconnoisseur June 21, 2015

How Dare This Call Itself Scooby-Doo?!!

You don’t put romance, drama, and stuff into Scooby-Doo! It’s just that simple! What the f- is wrong with the world?!!! Plus, even if you’re going to make the premise like this, at least bring back the animation style that was in Zombie Island, The Witch’s Ghost, The Alien Invaders, and The Cyber Chase, not this gloomy, depressing crap!!!
Parent of a 2 and 7 year old Written byscardgurl18 August 7, 2010

perfect for tweens for not for young viewers

I could not believe what I was seeing and hearing! How dare CN say this is for Y7 WRONG! My son will never see this new scooby doo again... I see it being for tweens but not my 7 yr old! How sad!
Parent of a 4 and 6 year old Written bytanababy November 13, 2014

Not for Younger Children

I just watched this with my 4 and 6 year old and while my 4 year old thought it was scary. My 6 year old was intrigued with Daphne and Fred's relationship. Which gave us an opening to talk about it. But Daphne swooning was way too much to example for a 6 yo girl. Also, lots of references to being skinny and attractive, not what I want for my daughter or son. Constant implied messages that I think went over my kids head - but not sure. At one point Daphne makes a comment implying her dad was always drunk and passed out on the couch. Off my kids watch list. No need to go there.
Parent Written byTOGeek November 10, 2014

Our whole family enjoyed it!

Started watching on Netflix when my kid was 5, having heard good things and I must say I have been more than impressed with this show. This show has it all - some tongue-in cheek humour, a genuine evil that informs the plotline throughout the series, some new takes on the characters that still feel true to the classic series, and a finale that is literally EPIC. Top notch voice actors (LOVE Matthew Lillard and Mindy Cohn as Shaggy and Velma) populate the weird town of Crystal Cove "the Haunted-est Place on Earth," but in the end this show is about the importance of friendship, trust, intellect, and sacrifice, making this a rare time where everything aligns in excellence. There won't be another Scooby-Doo as good as this.
Adult Written bycourtwork July 13, 2013

Disappointing

I love the old Scooby-Doos. Yes, the animation and pace is dated and the musical interludes include old 70's tunes, but the formula for Scooby is what makes the show so great! The newer version has updated animation, monsters, compelling plots, and it moves at a faster pace - all positives for the modern day viewer. On the negative side for me, the characters are now extreme adaptations of their former selves, so they feel more like stereo types than the old lovable personalities. The old characters knew Shaggy was fearful and that Daphne was a fashion maven, but they accepted them as they were. In the new show, the characters interact with plenty of sarcasm, eye rolling, and put downs. The biggest turn off (for me) is that along with following the mystery, we are now asked to suffer through romantic subplots between Fred and Daphne and Velma and Shaggy. Yuk. Daphne actually says to Velma in one of the shows: "Velma, do you ever feel ignored by Shaggy?" To me, these changes make "Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated" a poor choice for younger audiences, and frankly disappointing for this Scooby fan. The new character changes add nothing and detract a lot in my opinion! It's hard to say who to recommend this show for - I don't like the interactions between love interests in most of the shows these days - they are always adversarial and make the males out to be idiots.
Parent Written byRoznar September 2, 2011

Can't understand

I think 8 and older can watch this, but I think only 10 and older will be understand it.