Parent reviews for Scream Queens

Graphic violence, snappy dialogue in serial-killer comedy.

Adult Written byHamad A. March 26, 2020

funny, over-the-top horror

i watched this with my brother aged 10 and he loved it, the show isnt scary at all, its a pretty fun show, the violence isnt scary at all its so extra that its funny, it does however have a lot of stabbings and violent scenes (they’re mostly implied and not shown) but like i said before the reactions are pretty extra that they’re comedic
Adult Written byWillow S. November 1, 2017

Things you should know ...

I watched this show with my three kids 12,14,15. There was a lot of stabbing and deaths but for me and my kids it was so over the top it wasn't that scary or serious. The acting is a bit touch and go but it is an exciting story line . Definitely not a show for the faint hearted. It touched on subjects like sex and drugs but at the age of about 12-16 they should know about these kind of things.
Adult Written byLisaFrankReviews October 12, 2019

Let them be free

This show was amazing. I recommend it to anyone over the age of 13. You shouldn't feel the need to protect your children, when they are in the safety of your household. There isn't too much violence or sexual content in this show, despite what the cover shows. This show is amazing, and perfect for your wondering teens.

Adult Written byTrisha P. October 12, 2019

Depends

LOVE THIS SHOW X!! Hun, it is literally the best show! I watched it when I was 15 and it was my favorite show. The sexual scenes are not even a big thing in this show which is great. Obviously there is some violence but if you/your child can handle it it is a must-see.
Adult Written byMariepat August 28, 2019

Hilarious...if your child understands irony

This show is so over the top and ironic. There’s no nudity, but it talks about sex, has some slightly inappropriate scenes, and raunchy references. The biggest concern would be the language. There’s no harsh language but they use “bitch, slut, whore” words I’m sure a 12 year old has heard. But, there are very offensive conversations that some kids may not understand or react well to. They make racist remarks, jokes about disabilities and eating disorders. The show exaggerates real situations that happen. (Except the murders, they’re ridiculously funny.) One girl gets killed and while she is being attacked, she is tweeting about it. Overall it is a funny, ironic show and perfectly fine for a 12 yr old to watch.

Adult Written byiriskolna123 March 31, 2019

Funny, perfecter pre teens and teens

I really enjoyed the show, of course there is basic teen drinking, sex, and language, but nothing a young teen couldn't handle.
Adult Written byUglyQueen12yrsold March 28, 2019

i think its the best shows ive seen but its not for my age. it contains sex,violence,gore,language i watch this when i was 8 soo yeah i rewatched when i was 12 and i realised i shoundnt have watched it when i was 8 but it was really funny.

Adult Written byprincesssssdi_di February 28, 2019

About scream queens

It's sad they cancelled scream Queens on fox, yes I read about it, and I just started watching "scream Queens" And I love it once I heard about the show being cancelled I screamed. .THIS SHOW CAN NOT BE CANCELLED!! !! SO UPSET! !
Adult Written byjn54279 February 24, 2019

My Best Movie

I love it when I watch Ariana’s death
Adult Written bymichele a. November 21, 2017
the blood is fake and dumb the show has lots of gore but is intentional for one reason, the laugh. really funny

Parent of a 13-year-old Written bygraysonh1 August 25, 2017

Funny show, but it isn't clean

I think Scream Queens is a funny show and should be enjoyed by teens, however it does include some of the normal college types. Drinking,sex, and partying. It also has some gory deaths.

Parent of a 7, 12, and 15-year-old Written byFernando V. January 23, 2017

SCREAM QUEENS REVIEW

When i first saw this show on Hulu, i was like so happy this was going to be better then MTV SCREAM. No i was wrong this was fine. Scream Queens is a Slasher comedy series that is TV-14 but contains way to much sexual content and sexual references that are way to dirty. A gay is falling for a guy but he not really gay it just a cover, there is a sex clip in the first episode that has a lot of moaning. In my opinon Scream Queens is RATED R FOR BLOODY DEATHS AND CRUDE AND STUPID JOKES, SEXUAL CONTENT WITH BEER DRINKING

Parent of a 10, 13, and 16-year-old Written byMegan N. December 27, 2016

NOT! Appropriate for kids under 18 in my opinion but 16+ that you teach well could handle the show

Talk about sex and oral sex, gang bangs, underage drinking, drugs and adults having sex with minors?!?! And they rate it for 14/15 year olds??

Adult Written byDylan C. December 4, 2016

Great show from the Creator Of Glee

I love this show but IMO I think I would not let your kids watch it by them self's if they are 14 and under because there are girls who talk in cuss words but I laugh at it too much kissing jokes and my favorite of all the VIOLENCE could get scary sometimes, BUT if your kid loves HORROR FLIMS they would be fine so I would give it 5/5 stars but you have to be MATURE to watch. Oh I forgot 1 thing to say there are only 2 role models in the whole show GRACE and ZAYDAY the CHANEL'S 1 2 3 5 6 are pretty much BAD MODELS for KIDS. Another thing I have to say is that there Is NO Message to the show .

Adult Written byDale Snowdon S. December 1, 2016

Kinda funny at times...but

There are definitely some laugh out loud scenes in the show, but the violence, albeit over the top, would make it inappropriate for younger viewers. If my teenage daughter were to watch this show, I would want her to be aware of the irony of the characterization of the leading female roles. In the right context this show is entertaining, with a particular appeal to teens. But...if your teen is sensitive to inappropriate material or you as a parent are, don't even turn it on...you'll be offended...and that's likely what the writers are going for.
Adult Written bypeace2006 February 8, 2016

Some voilence

I think at 11 you already know about sex , it's quite violent that so if your 11 year old dont like violence I wouldn't suggest it hole this review helped

Adult Written byhanna{nana}h[pb] November 4, 2015
Adult Written byChrisD 2 September 24, 2015

A sassy Comedy with edge

Ok this show is one of the best so far this season it has scares laughs and good mystery but this show as mentioned has sexual humor "I thought the gay scene was funny myself and the sex scene gets kinda humorous" the violence is a little off the wall as is language but I say give it a try mature Tweens and teens and adults and yes I put the show had good role models and it does I think "neckbrace can't remember her name " is a sweet and adorible character however Chanel is NOT A CHARACTER TO LOOK UP TO AT ALL so yea it has good and bad influences but I say give it a shot u will love it