Parent and Kid Reviews on

Secrets of Sulphur Springs Poster Image
Our Review

Based on 45 kid reviews

Sort by:

A must-watch for kids who aren't scared too easily.

This is the best Disney show I have watched in a long time. While most Disney shows go downhill over time, so far this show has been great, and I can't wait for the third season to release. There is a little romance between two of the tween characters, but that is it. If you have kids who are easily scared I would recommend holding off for a while. On the other hand, if your kids love mysteries, or if you are getting them into some scarier shows/films this is a great starting place. There are a couple of jump scares, but not too bad, and constant talk about paranormal activity and ghosts. This is a must-watch for any kids who aren't bothered by scary films but aren't ready for horror movies.

3 people found this helpful.

Great for all ages!!

Going into this show I thought that I would be too old for it. But it is surprisingly interesting and fun to watch! Although the story revolves around a ghost haunting a hotel, it is not really a ghost story, it is more about time travel, parents keeping secrets and friendship. All of the characters are very interesting and have great back and side stories. Overall, I cannot wait to see where this show will go .

2 people found this helpful.

Terrifying

It was really really good but also pretty scary. There are a lot of jump scares and while they're meant to be humorous, the tension itself caused a lot of nightmares at my house. If when you watch it you're only watching season 1, stop before the last episode - it's just a cliffhanger episode to get you to watch the next season but the ending is pretty scary. Overall, don't watch right before bed.

1 person found this helpful.

Great Show!

Its a great watch, but in some parts it can actually get a little spooky, so I don't think it's for 8+. Maybe have a parent or adult around the first few episodes in case you get scared. I definitely think it's better for kids who aren't as jumpy, because you could probably have some good scares from this. The whole storyline is about this girl that disappeared, and she is haunting an abandoned hotel that a family is trying to fix up. Harper does talk about "having her first kiss," but it was actually just a cover story. Parents shouldn't really worry about their kids watching this, but it is a really good watch for younger kids with a parent.
1 person found this helpful.

a nice Friday night show :)

A good show,and one of my favorites, I can’t wait for season 4. I do think tho it is a bit scary,and gave me a few bad nightmares but overall pretty family friendly,there is a little bit of more scary things going on in the third season but overall a great show!

One of Disney's best!!!

On the edge of my seat throughout the series!!! I can find nothing wrong with the show itself. Sometimes there can be some thriller moments but nothing scary at all for me and my 12 year old sister. I think this is the best Disney channel show. Not only is it clean but it has purpose and keeps you excited and draws you to watch more. There is some romance especially in season 3 (just released). *SPOILER* Some characters kiss and they see themselves in the future with a child. It's a cliffhanger for season 4 which I'm excited for!!! Overall it's a great and exciting thriller series that is worth watching!!!!

Absolutely AMAZING TV Show!

This is one of the best I have seen from Disney so far! I just started watching it recently, and I became hooked. There are a few jump-scares and creepy moments too, but nothing too disturbing. This is a show I enjoy very much, and I am very pleased to hear that they might be coming back for a Season 4 in April 2024!

Amazing Show! Highly recommend🤩🤩.

Strong female leads. Super intriguing. Spoilers!! Griffin and Harper do almost kiss but don’t actually do it. Harper Griffin and other characters repeatedly lie and deceive their parents and other people mostly for the greater good but not always. It is a pretty scary and intense in some scenes. Griffin and Harper do have a mutual liking for each other and it is pretty obvious. Things get thrown at people and there ghosts and time travel are main themes. A person is found dead on the floor but no blood or gore is shown and they don’t even show the moment he died and all you see of the body is a and foot with a brown dress shoe and the cuff of a pant leg. A mother and her daughter conspire to cover it up since the girl witnessed it. There’s some pretty intense violence a man is thrown across a barn but sustains no injuries and appears to be fine. A ghost throws a statue at a woman, a boy falls down through a banister and ends up in a corner but the scene showing that is blurry and shaky. Anyway great show great role models most people have great personalities such as loyalty and kindness and sometimes honesty. Watch it it’s soooooo good!

Best show ever!!

I loved the show. I just finished season three last night and loved it!! I can get a little bit scary but if you watch the whole season then it wraps it up nicely and even leaves you hanging for the next season. Me and my little brother watched it for the first time when we were about three. We thought the music was really scary so we turned on the subtitles and muted and it was great. I watched it again at 14 with my 8-year-old sister. It was phenomenal. The first season I probably say kids 5 and up can watch it. The second season is a little bit scarier so maybe 7 and up. The third season, while amazing, was a little scary so probably 8 and up. It all depends on your kid's maturity level though. This is the best show I've seen in a long time. And while it does have some scary elements it is perfectly fine.

phenomenal show, gets more mature in later seasons

great tv show!! **starts out good for kids but gets a lot more mature in later seasons***!! but overall literally an amazing watch! great for tweens and early teens