Parent and Kid Reviews on

Our Review

Based on 28 parent reviews

Sort by:

One of the Funniest comedy ever

Definitely 12+ I wouldn’t watch if you under 12 cause you probably wouldn’t understand the jokes I started watching it with my daughter when she was about 12 or 13 years old we both loved it our favorite episode was Stella and our favorite character was jerry
1 person found this helpful.

I'm not sure why it's such a classic - so not worth it!

Call me old-fashioned, but joking about sex and hurting and objectifying others is not funny. All too often, the stories start out cute, funny, and lighthearted and turn sexual and demeaning quickly. If you are searching for something with good role models that can help you grow your own character, become a better person, and fill your mind with wholesome and lovely things, this is not the show for you.

One of the Funniest comedy ever

It is amazing I love it but

I Love it it is so funny but some times it gets too weird but overall it’s amazing I think you should watch them all and then make your pick of what episodes you’re kids can watch

Good for kids 12 and up with parental guidance

I think that Seinfeld is appropriate for kids 12 and up with parental guidance because the program contains some smoking, language and sexual references that may not be appropriate for an audience under 12. The program is rated TV-PG signifying the program is ok for kids with parental guidance.

contains mature content

contains things that are ok for 16+ good for someone over 16 and is definitely a "sitcom landmark" and most people would be able to handle this over 16 but then again that's only for the inappropriate episodes.

Great

Family Friendly

If you want your kid to grow up with unfunny references to ageism, misogyny, racism, mental illness, physical disabilities? This is the show for you.

Other than right wing Neonazism this show contains it all! Even over 18's need not hear this crap that passes for comedy. We watched every episode when it was on and even then cringed a little when these references to disabled, disfigured,babies and old people, ( a favourite subject for the writers) , and anyone who are not narcisssists like the the stars of the show. Now that I am more mature and more sensitive to shaming people I realize just how bad this show was. Now that Jerry Seinfeld can't use these poor excuses for comedy in his shows what has he got left to talk about? " I have a lot of money" is a recurring theme. To think he made his money belittling people. His shows are attended to only people who remember shows like " the bet" etc , but are disappointed and don't see another one. He is not making his money off repeat ticket sales for sure. All we heard from people as we left the show was, " That was so not funny." And , " frankly I don't care how much money he has." or worse, how he brags about not giving autographs to the people that put that money in his pocket. He doesn't play a Narcissist on TV, he is one. It turned out not to be a show about nothing afterall. Even the reruns come with multiple warnings about racism etc... the only one they miss is Narcissism.

Amazing show

This is a great, funny show. It’s meant for older kids and adults, but some episodes you can let your 8 year old watch. Other’s should be 11 or 12+. Very funny!

Seinfeld is alright.

But not as wonderful as Friends.