All parent member reviews for Seinfeld

Adult Written byyuri13 October 13, 2014

mature content

PG-13:Crude humor include sexual references and some language
Adult Written byAdamNY March 14, 2015

This thing needs to be corrected. Otherwise, this is a classic for adults (and mature teens that love it) and up

As I'm someone who needs to be concerned with facts, "Seinfeld" is not a show for children. In one episode, "The Busboy," you can hear Raul (the guest character) saying the F-word outloud, and it was never cut off. Some episodes have crude humor, like one thing George says in masturbation. Some sexual humor. Don't confuse me saying that this show is for mature teens as being that this isn't R-rated. That being said, teens tend to love "Seinfeld" a hell of a lot more than "Friends." Who doesn't? "Friends" is a lame racist show. Jerry, as they would say in the street, has characteristics of hardcore people. He actually brags about having his bad side. George is a hothead. Kramer is a childish, but funny character, that lives in lalaland. And Elaine is funny.
Adult Written byJon Lovitz May 20, 2009

Wonderful!

I disagree with the statement about how none of the characters are good role models. My son had to get glasses when he was 14. He cried and didn't want to wear them, because he didn't know anybody "cool" who wore them. Then he started watching Seinfeld, and he really liked George. Now he's 27 and happily wears them all the time because of this awesome show. Thanks, Seinfeld!
Parent Written bythebluewhale May 30, 2012

seinfeld, i recommend it.

This is a very funny and entertaning tv show for kids 14 years and up. The characters have alot of faults and issuses, but are very likable. The subject matter and language are not appropriate for kids under 14.
Adult Written bytvconnoisseur May 29, 2015

A Cultural Institution

I believe I’ve said enough with these statistics.
Adult Written bymattbruns3 March 3, 2015

It's Entertaining but a little bit questionable.

This show has lots of subjects about sex. There are innuendos and some occasions of sexual relationships. It has moderate language and drinking. Some crude humor is also implied. More appropriate for preteens and teens. It's a strong TV-PG.
Adult Written byMissE1000 October 3, 2013

Hysterical for teens

I remember my parents having this show on when I was a kid and thinking it was stupid. As I got older, I began to see the genius in it. As I got even older, I realized why there were episodes I was not allowed to watch. For instance, "He took IT out!" Or Menage a Toi. Or being Master of your domain. Certain episodes, like the Puffy Shirt, are fine for 11 year olds and up, but in many of them, there is too much sexual innuendo. When to watch depends on how you feel about your child seeing some of that stuff
Parent Written byshanerocks February 24, 2013

Best Sitcom Ever Made!!!!!!

Seinfeld is the best sitcom ever made!!!! Even though it's over I still watch it A LOT! I watch A LOT of reruns and it's ALWAYS hilarious! It is my favorite sitcom and may be THE BEST SHOW EVER MADE!!! Some episodes contain mature content and CAN be very suggestive at times. The language never is worse than a PG and sometimes PG13.
Adult Written byJEDI micah January 8, 2013

Kramer, YOU'RE AWESOME!!!

This show would be nothing without Kramer! Actually, it's already "a show about nothing"! If you haven't watched or heard about this show, then you need to see a doctor! I love this show, mainly because of Kramer, the other characters are funny, the acting is clever, yadda, yadda, yadda, I think you get it!
Parent of a 11 and 14 year old Written byheather.parker October 6, 2012

Great show... for adults

This is one of my favorite shows, but it's not for kids.
Adult Written byGary632 February 11, 2011

Children should not watch Seinfeld

Children are typically unable to understand that the behavior of the main characters is oftentimes loathsome. Rather, they admire the funny characters and emulate their selfishness, sarcasm, insensitivity, etc. Trust me, I grew up when this show was produced and never watched any of the cynical shows like this. However, I was in school with many children who did watch these types of shows. And, boy, were they nasty. Overall, a very funny show, but totally inappropriate for children.
Parent Written byT.O.poet January 5, 2011

A classic to stand the test of time

I've been watching this show since I was 9 years old, and even then I knew it was brilliant. It was a defining influence on my comedic development, and a defining influence on virtually every show since! It's hard to imagine that Seinfeld pushed so many boundaries in the 90s, because it's really very tame in comparison to today's TV, but it certainly did. Very few episodes are what you might call "inappropriate", but they are almost all hilarious and memorable. A must-see for anyone who's serious about comedy!
Adult Written byicculleb138 January 1, 2011

A fantastic show, but not for kids.
Adult Written byangelascats March 25, 2010

I watched this show growing up and it did not affect me in a negative way. A lot of stuff I didn't even get when I was little--the sexual references, the one about the guy they think is a cokehead. I still loved the jokes though, and the delivery is great. I'm sure not every kid will like it, but it's really not a bad influence. This show is mild compared to some kids' shows today. The characters are so ridiculous that a child could not possibly think they are role models. They also show a side of everyone, a very human side that is neurotic, selfish, obsessive, and cynical. I think it's important that kids realize that this is a part of life, though. And even if the main characters aren't good role models, the people they meet aren't usually either--George's boss that he poisons later, the drunk who leaves Jerry to take care of his dog, the yogurt store owner that pretended his yogurt was fat-free... There are people like this everywhere, and kids need to know that not everyone is decent, and everyone has their flaws.
Adult Written bythescreenname April 9, 2008

Adult Written bybeatyourheartout April 9, 2008

Things you should know about this show

While most episodes of this show is set for a general audience, there are some episodes that are very upsetting. In the season 5 episode "the Bris" Seinfield reinforces the stereotype that all jews circumcise. All throughout the show, Teens and Adults, may feel very insecure. Elaines views come off very prejudice. Parents may discuss with kids the issue, and also how it is important not to feel insecure by the media, because people see things differently, and the importance of self worth, and knowledge of one's beauty.
Adult Written byjosh.grossman April 9, 2008

Neurotic friends create hilarious mishaps

What parents need to know is that this show is about bad - no terrible - decision makers. They also need to know the subject matter covers a lot of adult topics, from homosexuality to racism to sex - though always without saying much substantive one way or the other. What's funny about this show is how neurotic, ill considered and ego driven decisions lead to hilarious situations. Any child old enough to get the jokes should be mature enough to understand that these people are not role models. In fact, clear consequences for their bad decisions are frequently the punchline. This is good, clean fun for children once they are old enough for the subject matter.
Adult Written byPollyRoger April 9, 2008

I grew up watching it

I grew up watching this show, with my parents. Now, my parents and my 12-year-old sister and I watch it together. It's fun, funny, and the characters are lovable, even when they're being shallow and selfish. Sex is an issue. Most episodes have at least one mild reference to it, while some episodes are a little less subtle. Language isn't really an issue. Most episodes have some minor cursing. All in all, I think it's a good family show if your children are mature enough to handle the sexual references.