Parent reviews for Seinfeld

Yadda, yadda, yadda -- a classic for teens and up.

Adult Written byyuri13 October 13, 2014

mature content

PG-13:Crude humor include sexual references and some language

Parent Written byT.O.poet January 5, 2011

A classic to stand the test of time

I've been watching this show since I was 9 years old, and even then I knew it was brilliant. It was a defining influence on my comedic development, and a defining influence on virtually every show since! It's hard to imagine that Seinfeld pushed so many boundaries in the 90s, because it's really very tame in comparison to today's TV, but it certainly did. Very few episodes are what you might call "inappropriate", but they are almost all hilarious and memorable. A must-see for anyone who's serious about comedy!
Adult Written byJon Lovitz May 20, 2009

Wonderful!

I disagree with the statement about how none of the characters are good role models. My son had to get glasses when he was 14. He cried and didn't want to wear them, because he didn't know anybody "cool" who wore them. Then he started watching Seinfeld, and he really liked George. Now he's 27 and happily wears them all the time because of this awesome show. Thanks, Seinfeld!
Adult Written bypersonwholovesmovies June 7, 2020

Amazing show

This is a great, funny show. It’s meant for older kids and adults, but some episodes you can let your 8 year old watch. Other’s should be 11 or 12+.
Very funny!

Adult Written byJaydogZackery May 20, 2020

Seinfeld is alright.

But not as wonderful as Friends.
Adult Written byRonjasMom October 3, 2019

Superb show

Primarily about adults and for adults
Written byAnonymous November 22, 2018

The butt review

This show has some mature content. There is some sexual talk and some rude language. Not to muck drinking and no blood and gory action or sex.
Adult Written byTheyCallMeMrGlass October 1, 2018

9/10 amazing

Jerry Seinfeld plays Jerry seinfeld in comedy TV show along with other characters like Jorge, Cramer, amazing 9/10 must watch

Parent of a 15-year-old Written byRahul B. July 18, 2018
Adult Written byPopcorn_Fluffs June 16, 2018

Great Show

Seinfeld is a great and funny show for teens and up. There is a lot of talk of sex and some episodes contain discussions of acohol and drugs. Some
episodes are completely fine and appropriate. It could be suitable for kids 8+ if the right episodes are picked.

Parent Written byJ J. January 18, 2018

A great show for older kids and adults.

Too much sexual stuff and bad behavior for younger kids. Oddly, it doesn't seem as adult as "Friends."

Adult Written byRose H. February 21, 2017

Alright show, funny but flawed

As a kid, I loved Seinfeld, it was my favorite TV show. However looking back on it I realize the racism, homophobia, and general ignorance of this show. Unlike shows like Friends, Seinfeld is very self aware and the absence of black people is sometimes the main joke of an episode. If you are young enough, most of the stuff will go over your head, and many episodes are really funny and clever, but showing this to an impressionable child could mean them becoming a casual bad person.
Some examples: Burning of the Puerto Rican flag, accidental blackface, etc.
Adult Written bytvconnoisseur May 29, 2015

A Cultural Institution

I believe I’ve said enough with these statistics.
Adult Written byMatt B. March 3, 2015

It's Entertaining but a little bit questionable.

This show has lots of subjects about sex. There are innuendos and some occasions of sexual relationships. It has moderate language and drinking. Some crude humor is also implied. More appropriate for preteens and teens. It's a strong TV-PG.
Adult Written byMissE1000 October 3, 2013

Hysterical for teens

I remember my parents having this show on when I was a kid and thinking it was stupid. As I got older, I began to see the genius in it. As I got even older, I realized why there were episodes I was not allowed to watch. For instance, "He took IT out!" Or Menage a Toi. Or being Master of your domain.

Certain episodes, like the Puffy Shirt, are fine for 11 year olds and up, but in many of them, there is too much sexual innuendo. When to watch depends on how you feel about your child seeing some of that stuff

Adult Written byshanerocks February 24, 2013

Best Sitcom Ever Made!!!!!!

Seinfeld is the best sitcom ever made!!!! Even though it's over I still watch it A LOT! I watch A LOT of reruns and it's ALWAYS hilarious! It is my favorite sitcom and may be THE BEST SHOW EVER MADE!!! Some episodes contain mature content and CAN be very suggestive at times. The language never is worse than a PG and sometimes PG13.

Adult Written byJEDI micah January 8, 2013

Kramer, YOU'RE AWESOME!!!

This show would be nothing without Kramer! Actually, it's already "a show about nothing"! If you haven't watched or heard about this show, then you need to see a doctor! I love this show, mainly because of Kramer, the other characters are funny, the acting is clever, yadda, yadda, yadda, I think you get it!

Parent of a 11 and 14-year-old Written byheather.parker October 6, 2012

Great show... for adults

This is one of my favorite shows, but it's not for kids.

Adult Written bythebluewhale May 30, 2012

seinfeld, i recommend it.

This is a very funny and entertaning tv show for kids 14 years and up. The characters have alot of faults and issuses, but are very likable. The subject matter and language are not appropriate for kids under 14.

Adult Written byGary632 February 11, 2011

Children should not watch Seinfeld

Children are typically unable to understand that the behavior of the main characters is oftentimes loathsome. Rather, they admire the funny characters and emulate their selfishness, sarcasm, insensitivity, etc. Trust me, I grew up when this show was produced and never watched any of the cynical shows like this. However, I was in school with many children who did watch these types of shows. And, boy, were they nasty.

Overall, a very funny show, but totally inappropriate for children.