Parent reviews for Self Made: Inspired by the Life of Madam C.J. Walker

Self Made: Inspired by the Life of Madam C.J. Walker Poster Image

This Show shows you how Madam C.J. Walker became The First Self-Made Millionaire in America. And it’s a inspiring Rags to Riches Story with Perseverance, Bravery, Team Work, Hard Work that reminds us all of what’s possible.

Amazing show, but not meant for small kids.

There is one really inappropriate scene in episode 3. Other than that, there are a few other small things. My 10 year old watched it with me, but it should be 14+. It’s a great educational show. I love it!

Great content. Very inspirational, but two inappropriate sex scenes.

We watched it as a family with our 12 year old and our 14 year old. The series was entertaining and inspirational. The content was great for 12+, but the two short sex scenes, one in episode 3 and the other in episode 4, were inappropriate for this age group. We had to stop it and forward through those. For this reason I say 16+.

Awesome

Octavia Spencer is a sparkling gem as always! This got it wrong though. There is an attempted rape and that needs to be listed under violence.

Inspiring but not for kids

The summary is pretty accurate as is the "counts" for the parental guidance things. However, the "consensual sex between adults" actually is graphic. It's shot through a view of the bedroom mirror and while there's no actual nudity it's noisy and passionate and too much for kids. You can clearly see what they're doing, just FYI.