Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Find entertainment that fits your kid's interests and your parenting style.

Go to For Your Family

Parent reviews for Serengeti

Entertaining, visually stunning African animal series.

No reviews yetAdd your rating
Adult Written byMelissa Vitale August 12, 2019

Breathtaking!

Beautifully shot / filmed and narrated. Reminds me of the National Geographic programs I used to watch as a child, which made me grow up with a deep love and respect and understanding of animals. Every parent should show this to their children! The videographers in this series did an astonishingly remarkable job at capturing the lives of these beautiful animals in their natural habitat. You really feel as though you are in/on the Serengeti with them! And yes, I'm fond of the fact that the producers chose to name the animals because it allows the viewer to bond with them more. You really empathize with these animals and feel their triumphs, and at times, their pain. Truly a beautiful series that documents the lives of sentient beings in their breathtakingly beautiful-but not always hospitable-environment.

Adult Written bysherimirayn September 5, 2019

Never Heard Tales Of Africa Quite Like This!

I watch educational shows such as this all the time and Discovery was right...There has been several shows about Africa but none quite like this!!! I absolutely love it, I hope it comes back for many more seasons!!! Thank you Discovery for giving us such a great family show to watch! The reason I put the kid's age at 10 is because I believe that children do not understand "death" until at least that age. My son lost his father at 8 but he still has a hard time watching someone/something lose their life and he's now 18! Also, kids do not quite understand the "The Circle Of Life". Other that that...WE LOVE IT AND WE WATCH EVERY WEEK!!!

Adult Written byjuju1 September 5, 2019
I loved every episode. The narrator is amazing. I hope that there are many more episodes. I love my kids watching and learning about animals that they only see in books.
Adult Written bylvecheetah August 21, 2019

need to keep the serengeti

great show will help our young that animals aren't dumb animals. They

Parent of a 7, 9, and 13 year old Written byshimmer1 August 19, 2019

Beautiful Cinematography

Watched the first episode with my 13-year-old, nine-year-old and seven-year-old. Absolutely stunning cinematography coupled with a fantastic narrator made this show absolutely worth watching with our family. I would say there are some moments that may be a little scary for younger children when animals are fighting. It is also worth knowing that while death is not shown on camera, the concept of death is definitely present. It gives parents a great opportunity to talk with their children about lifecycle and how death is Actually part of our world.