Kid reviews for Sesame Street

Classic show endures changes, but learning content remains.

Teen, 15 years old Written byamelia888 February 9, 2017

Amazingly Good

I started babysitting a few months ago and the kid I take care of is absolutely obsessed with this show. I grew up watching Sesame Street when I was younger and was surprised to find out how well it developed and grew and continues to teach kids. Celebrities guest star on the show (from shows I enjoy) and the messages of acceptance, learning, and discovery are artful and enjoyable. Although though show has modernized some, classic characters remain and the stories are fun even for adults.

Teen, 15 years old Written byGMWlife December 16, 2017

Going downhill.

It got a little obnoxious in the later years. The parodies are horrible. The abby cadabby's school episodes are the worst, and are stupid. I like the autism episode, and the old Sesame Street, because it was funnier, but it has now went down hill, Now, Sesame Street in on HBO, which is even worser! I did like the autism episode (Juila), and some older episodes containing good things.

Teen, 13 years old Written byhug0905 June 7, 2015

This is PBS Kids for you

I remember this being one of my favorite PBS programs when I was young. It's very cheerful, friendly, and fun. For a short time I even owned a Tickle-Me-Elmo toy, too!

Kid, 12 years old December 21, 2016

Love That Show

This show was a big part of my childhood!! It was entertaining and educational. It was also so funny! They taught you about letters, numbers, shapes, colors, healthy lifestyles, exercise, and kindness. However it gets one less star because nowadays, they have too many pop culture references. Pop culture references are fine, as long as you don't overdo them. But this show goes too far. Orange is the New Snack, seriously???? Also, Elmo and Abby get all the fame and screentime, when the fame and screentime could be given to better characters like Big Bird. Overall a fantastic show.

Kid, 9 years old May 15, 2016

Just education at its best

It's great for the nice preschoolers to watch.

Kid, 8 years old November 28, 2015

And Now, For The Letter G, For Going Downhill

Sesame Street Is Going Downhill. Seems Like This Hill Takes Forever To Get Down. Now I'm Going To Tell You How The Characters Went Downhill. Elmo- Used To Be Cute. Cookie Monster- Started Eating Vegtables, And Lost His Reputaition. Zoe- Joined In. Murray- Joined In. Big Bird- Barely Any Screen Time. Grover- Used To Be A Funny Waiter. Abby- Joined In. Ernie- Not As Funny. Bert- Not As Funny. Prairie Dawn- Barely Any Screen Time. It Used To Be Great. It's Disappointing Now.
Teen, 13 years old Written byybco124 July 24, 2015

GREAT

It's funny and a great way to let your child have some fun, If you let them watch this it will put a simile on to his/hers face. Not to mention that there is the great COOKIE MONSTER.

Teen, 15 years old Written byWRESTLING246 October 8, 2014

Sesame Street is a fantastic kids show

Sesame Street, WWE formerly known as WWF and Bob The Builder will always be my childhood forever My characters from Sesame Street are Elmo, Grover and Cookie Monster

Teen, 15 years old Written byMitchell Charleston May 12, 2013

A great way to help your little ones suceed in life.

I loved Sesame Street when I was little, I really like it still. It has positive role-models, positive messages, and it's super educational. It's WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY better than utter crap such as Dora, Barney, Dinosaur Train, ect.
Kid, 11 years old December 22, 2010
I used to LOVE "Street". Elmo was my favorite. But there a couple of things on the "edgy" side. The Yip-Yip martians used to scare the heck out of me, there were lots of pop culture references, and mild girly stuff.

Educational Value
Teen, 13 years old Written byFunkehBunneh December 28, 2013

Creepy

This show is creepy as heck! The puppets scare my sister and she is 6!

Teen, 17 years old Written byReviewsandFun8910 August 8, 2013

I love Sesame Street!

Sesame Street is a really educational show. I LOVED it when I was younger. It's fun and engaging for the little ones. Guess what? I still love it. It just has a LOT of nostalgia.
Teen, 17 years old Written byHorace Williams November 16, 2014

Classic!

Sesame Street is awesome. Very educational, funny, and it's a lot of fun to watch. I loved it as a kid, and I still do.
Teen, 13 years old Written byIsaac T November 8, 2014

Great series affected by TV show.

Sesame Street used to be great until it turned into a movie. The books are so fun and have such good messages, but the movies make me sick.

Kid, 12 years old November 8, 2014

BEST SHOW!

This show is very educational! Very nice and cute! The best show ever!!!

Kid, 12 years old August 8, 2014

Sesame Street

Kids will learn a LOT! Shapes, numbers, letters, etc.. Some very mild cartoon violence (cannons, humpty dumpty falling). LOTS of plush toys and character dolls. (IT WONT LET ME ADD VERY EDUCATIONAL).

Kid, 12 years old August 3, 2014

A perfect example of a children's program

Sesame Street is one of the greatest shows designed for preschoolers. It teaches children lessons through stories and songs. Many of these lessons include the alphabet and numbers, but there are others too. I recommend this series for your preschooler.

Kid, 12 years old July 18, 2014

Classic!

Very educational! (Wouldn't let me add it) Great for all ages! Very mild cartoon violence

Teen, 13 years old Written bynintengirl64 December 13, 2013

Sesame's Beat

Sesame Street is a long running show that almost everyone in the world has grown up with. But, alas, all good things have come to an end. Why? Because of Elmo. He was just created so Playskool can find some good merchandise to sell. We don't want kids referring to themselves in the third person. Give your kids the old stuff.

Educational Value