Kid reviews for Sex Education

Quirky comedy has terrific premise, tons of mature content.

Teen, 16 years old Written byJane1234 January 25, 2019

Interesting, funny and informative

Sex education is really funny and I loved it!! Yes it has a lot of sex, nudity and profanity but you can actually learn a lot from this tv show and understand better! Of course I recommend for mature 12 year olds and above but I think from the age of 12 your body starts changing and this show can really help you understand some things. Definitely recommend!!

Teen, 14 years old Written byPattyG4 February 8, 2020

Funny and not too innapropriate

...

Teen, 14 years old Written byellia321 February 7, 2019

Incredible, amazing, interesting show!

Yes, it has a lot of sexual scenes in it, but it isn’t pointless or irrelevant and the overall message is incredibly positive and worth it. The way this show portrays the difficult issues that teens go through and deal with is amazing and informative. In normal circumstances I wouldn’t recommend this to anyone under 13, but I think most high schoolers are mature enough to understand it and see it as more than just a funny sex show. I believe that parents and teens alike could learn a lot from this show about openness and communication, and I also think that parents should openly discuss topics like this with their kids in a healthy and understanding way without making things awkward and confusing for their child like mine did, because that can lead to teens making a lot of unsure decisions that they may later regret. Don’t prevent your teen from watching this show as long as they are mature enough to handle it as it has a lot of good messages about acceptance and communication that many teens are lacking these days.

Teen, 15 years old Written byHenry Statten January 15, 2019

A Trojan Horse of a Series

Sex Education is a compassionate story about friendship, respect and love. Most parents would be put off by the title for highlighting a word most parents dread their children to speak. This series, as much as having its fair share of nudity, gives teens the opportunity to understand what they are going through such as puberty. One of my favorite scenes is of the main female protagonist visiting an abortion clinic after an unexpected pregnancy. She is nervous and scared, but, along with another patient, they form a unique bond after sharing the same amount of guilt. Its a beautiful scene of heart, perseverance and friendship. It will ,as the title suggests, educate Teens about the consequences of sex. Don't let its title deceive you.

Kid, 12 years old January 15, 2020
It may be a whole bunch of sex stuff kids should still be able to watch it because it could teach them a lot about the human body they are going to learn about it in biology inyway

Kid, 12 years old January 22, 2020

Kids around 12 already know everything

Its just interesting to watch

Teen, 14 years old Written bybubbly.darling February 2, 2019

Better than I expected

Yes obviously there is plenty of sex, it’s in the title of the show. I started the show with low expectations and ended up finishing it in a day. While there is nudity and mature content/topics, there’s also a lot of heart. The characters build some heartwarming friendships and there are some good messages hidden along the way. Give it a chance before you judge it too harshly.

Teen, 13 years old Written byXsweethearts January 22, 2019

Just as the title suggests

I understand that some parents would never let their children watch because there is a lot of sex scenes however it is a shoe that reccommend to teens 14 and up as most of the scenes depict teens struggling with issues that most teens got through. The show’s main character Otis has a fear of sex but is able to help other get through their sex-related problems. It’s a sex- positive , lgbtq friendly show that depicts very real and very relatable problems.

Teen, 16 years old Written byb89 January 12, 2019

Graphic Show Packs A Full Heart

Although this show has graphic sex scenes, nudity, and language, it represents something so much bigger: difference and acceptance. This diverse, lovely, bingable show, has phenomenal acting, truly moving storylines, and breathtaking directing/cinematography. And let’s just say the soundtrack is beyond perfect, which still doesn’t give it any justice. This is television at its finest.

Teen, 15 years old Written byIsyyy January 12, 2019

Really recommend but make sure you know that....

I think it depends on the maturity of the kid but I really recommend it, it's a very emotional TV show it has funny, sad and very cute scenes(:
It is aslo very inclusive one of the main characters is a black gay kid and this program shows the ups and downs of becoming confident in his sexuality but mostly him becoming strong enough to push past gender roles.
The main character has coitophobia(the fear of having sex) because of his family situation and he gets judged for being a 16 year old virgin boy.
A girl is afraid that she will never loose her virginity. So tries desperately to have sex.
Also some naked scenes and a photo of a vulva that got sent to the whole school.

Teen, 14 years old Written byethan97 May 5, 2020

THIS NEEDS TO BE WATCHED

The best teen drama out there! Great comedy and great romance this is a good watch with some great messages

Teen, 14 years old Written bypregolego69 April 25, 2020

Teen, 13 years old Written byemmy_ February 7, 2020
so i know it ha a lot of sex scenes and everything but once again as many other reviews say it is very informative. many teenagers already know about most of the stuff that is happening in the show anyways.

Teen, 14 years old Written byRkmw2005 January 27, 2020

Positive vibes

Obviously SEX education has sex in it but it shows sex in a very realistic way. It’s a very body positive show witch helps teens not worry about there body. There are also people in it that really show what it’s like to be in school? There’s no avoiding the truth adults...

Teen, 17 years old Written bykatebrown January 14, 2019

Good Humor and Messages

Yes, there are a lot a sex scenes. Yes, there are lots of references to sex. However, this is a reality of being a teenager/high school in our day and age. This show does a marvelous job portraying consent, LGBTQ+, and issues that we all deal with in our everyday lives. I entirely recommend to anyone for a good, relatable laugh.

Teen, 15 years old Written byElpi.delpi June 19, 2020

INCLUDES MATURE THEMES AND SEXUAL CONTENT

I was 13 when I watched it I literally loved it. But I wouldn't recommend it to anyone below 15 or 16. It includes tones of sexual content that is not healthy for kids. It kind of presents life like a sexual drama or that everything goes around sex, when it is not like that. Contains a lot of graphic, a lot of swearing and dirty words. Generally, I think older people will enjoy this more and the "I already know these stuff" is not an excuse to watch it if you want my opinion.

Teen, 13 years old Written byhihiitsme June 10, 2020

for mature people

personally i think that this show has a lot of sex-related content which is not exactly for children. however, if the kid is mature enough no matter how old, and is mature enough to watch sex education, i think it is perfectly fine to let your child watch it. this show is very open and very real about what is happening in this world. for example, one of the girls got sexually assulted and this show describes her emotions and her mental health after the assault. it shows how being sexually assaulted could impact oneself as well as others. if teens watch this show, they will be able to understand about the dangers and how to protect oneself. this show teaches us about care. it warms my heart when i watched the scene where all the girls came together to help the girl who was sexually assaulted. this shows the true meaning of humanity. it spreads the message to others that there will always be someone behind you to help you and you will never br alone. this show tells us that it's perfectly ok if you do not want to have sex. people judge you but so what? you cant change the way you are. this show teaches us about healthy and unhealthy relationships. something that everyone needs when we are older and ready to get a bf/gf. this show shows a lot of details about growing up and it shows the hardships many people face in life.
Teen, 16 years old Written byZeroFriends June 9, 2020

An Educational Yet Very Entertaining Show

The show has scenes of female nudity but presents topics of sex in a healthy manor. Can teach teenagers a lot about puberty while being very funny.

Teen, 13 years old Written byLeo_Smith June 8, 2020

Very Sexual (obviously) but good role models

Teen, 14 years old Written byAman verma June 5, 2020

It is suitable for 12 and up

My parents got me Netflix for the first time when I was 12 , in 7th grade , it was just 2 years ago
I believe that this show is suitable for kids of age 12 and up because it is mostly an educational ,funny and romantic series and kids must watch it
It does not cause any problems or effects in kids, unlike 13RW this show doesn't contain any kind of violence , rape and suicidal scenes and so it's suitable for kids of 12 years and up