Parent reviews for Shameless

Shameless Poster Image

Ages 13+

Personally, I will admit that there is some pretty graphic content in this show. Children under the age of 13 probably shouldn’t watch it yet, but 13 and up is a good age because they need to learn about this kind of stuff, how drugs can affect you, sex, etc. things that they will probably be going through in the next year or 2. Overall, it was a very good show!

This has to parts

Ok so when Carl turns into a police its for kids 9+ when he's not its kinda ghetto has lots of adult jokes Carl said I think about seggs about 70'000 times a say talks about stds

great

this definitely isn’t for kids under 13 but your kid needs to learn about this stuff at some point! Let them see how drugs affects people and they can learn

Great show.

While Shameless has lots of drugs, nudity, swearing, etc, it is definitely a show that accurately portrays problems many families go through. Shameless does not glamorize anything, and shows the effects and consequences of things. It is a great show to watch, though seeing kids under 14 watching it doesn't sit right with me, while it depends on maturity, being exposed at a young age could have effects, as young children aren't able to process things the right way. While Shameless portrays hardcore topics, it is still a comedy, meaning some unrealistic things are bound to happen. It is one of my favorite shows, and I highly recommend.

amazing

i would totally let my kid watch this once they get older, it talks about real problem she or me might face in the future such as drug use, alcoholisum, teen pregnancy, sex and much more but just cause you see a boob many times in the show isnt the real part of the show its the fact that this show could show kids and teenagers that doing things like that can lead you to having a bad life and being addicted to alcohols, drugs and much more and i dont want that for anyone, im not saying let you're kids watch this at 9-12 but once they are a teenager they would think this is cool cause some shows show high schoolers smoking but watching a show that not only has these little problem ruined there like they would not want to do it its a great exemple for a life nobody wants so let you kid watch it and if you feel weird for them watching the nudity just skip it its not that big of a deal.

AMAZING STUFF

I think the show was awesome and they did a great job on everything and whoever says it’s not a good show I’m sorry but you must be stupid or something.

Okay for 12-15+

Depends on the kid. my 13 year old has watched and continues to watch it, and I believe she is emotionally mature enough. However some children in her age group should not be allowed to watch until maybe 15. 18+ is absolutely ridiculous though. For parents on here looking to see if this show is okay for your child, here’s my advice: if they want to watch it, they should be mature enough to, but trust your judgement; they are your kids, don’t let them watch something that they shouldn’t be exposed to.