Parent reviews for Siren

Siren Poster Image

The best show yet

String sexual content

I am generally pretty relaxed with tv shows with my kids but was quite surprised to see a pretty explicit threesome in season two!!! There is a lot of sexual content in this show, so just be prepared.

Great first season...then turned too much to sex

It was great the first season. My 12 year old loved it. The second season they have the main characters having a threesome a couple times and in my opinion way too graphic for children and unnecessary. It isn't just implied....it shows it in detail but no nudity.

Good

I'm a big fan of sea creatures, so this makes me to think that letting the kids know of what lies out there unexplored will make them more curious of what's insidetthe Ocean's and the outer space as well their mind will be filled with imagination . To know more about our unexplored world

Jaws meets Memento with a touch of Shape of Water for good measure...

Parents should note that this modern reinterpretation of mermaids and their interactions with humans is very much on the dark side. If you are at all familiar with the original fables about mermaids, you'll know how dark and twisted the myths really were. However, Disney and other such iterations have cemented an idea of mermaids being like sweet fairies; and if children come into this show with that idea, they will be gravely disappointed...and possibly terrified. The main siren has a separate romantic relationship with a man and woman who are dating each other. A mermaid is captured by scientists and experimented on. A captured siren plots [and rather graphically] carries out her revenge by brutally murdering 6 human scientists from her containment tank [she bludgeons, drowns, and rips apart 3 of them]. Sirens often hiss and growl at each other even when in human form. The siren's skin begins to decay and transform when they've been out of water too long. It's commendable that the series takes a new approach on the scientific plausibility of mermaids, but it could've been done with a less horror, and a tad more sci-fi. As it is, it's like watching Stephen King's "Aquamarine" nightmare.

Too many sexual scenes

Too many sexual scenes, sexual references- at least 1-2 in each episode. The show is ok, but inappropriate for younger audiences.

15+

I think they did well with story line, it has always been about witches, vampires and werewolves .. it's actually quite nice to see something different .. besides swearing and violence (there's a brief sex scene too) I think even kidz (matured teens) can watch it, its a 7/10 for me. I can't wait for season 2.

Amazing

Amazing honestly my mom and me couldn't get enough of it. Can't wait for more.