Parent and kid reviews for Smash

Broadway musical drama with big stars, some sexy stuff.

Teen, 14 years old Written bysweetrae1 February 19, 2012

Musical

I love this musical show. It shows how the process is very long, but once they have everyone in character the show will be great. I love how the music is so real and you feel like part of the directors!

Teen, 13 years old Written byyespleasebroadway April 26, 2015

WOW

This show is AMAZING. If you are involved with the world of theatre, I cannot even begin to describe how much this will resonate with you. The acting is amazing, with Broadway stars such as Megan Hilty, Brian D'Arcy James, Christian Borle, and Bernadette Peters playing large roles, the songs are beautiful, and other than a little extra backstage drama, it's pretty realistic. Totally worth the watch.

Kid, 12 years old January 26, 2013

Best musical show

Smash is a great show. It follows a retired team of writers (Debra Messing) (Christian Borle) who get an idea to do a musical about Marilyn Munroe, and two ambitious girls (Kathrine McPhee) (Megan Hilty) fighting for the lead. Now parents this show does have some "sex" scenes but nothing younger teens can't handle. Some of the songs are kind of iffy too. Now don't get me wrong they're amazing but for example, "History is made at night" or "If you say something is taboo well that's the thing I wanna do, do it till we're black and blue let's be bad!" It's amazing performances, and stars (Bernadette Peters, Uma Thurman, Jennifer Hudson) shine above all the sexiness and consumerism and make this show fabulous for young teens.

Drinking, drugs & smoking
Teen, 13 years old Written byZoelopez August 14, 2013

Only for the Broadway fan.

Smash is one of my favourite T.V shows. But I'm a Broadway fan and someone who even wants to be on Broadway. If you don't like Broadway like I do you won't enjoy it or understand it. There is a lot of cheating. A lot of the characters are cheating on each other. Also one of the characters takes drugs. I think it's better suited for mature teens.

Drinking, drugs & smoking
Teen, 17 years old Written byMashenka July 20, 2013

Smash

Occasional adult topics, overall a good show.