All parent member reviews for Sonny with a Chance

Parent of a 2, 4, 4, 6, and 7 year old Written byLizzy2 January 9, 2010

Nice show!

This is one of Disney's better shows! This and Wizards of Waverly is all my daughter Kyla will watch! So Random is a cute idea, it's the show that the tweens star in. But I think they need to focus more on the show they do rather than who's in the show. But overall, it's great!
Educator and Parent Written bydvdgirl August 4, 2015

i like this show

I bought the dvd Sonny's big break and I quite enjoyed it . and because Sterling Knight is in it . he is so cute.
Adult Written byLPSFan1994 April 4, 2014

It's awesome!!!

This show could be watched by any age of kids, but it is best for kids in the age range that the actors and actresses play. They play 16 and 17 year old kids who love to act in tv shows, So Random and Mackenzie Falls. It gives the different problems that kids may face in the show business world and problems that they may face in life, such as in the episode Poll'd Apart, when Tawni got upset because Sherona kept posting mean things about her. When everyone figured how to beat Sherona, they made it perfectly blunt that, "if you don't care about what someone says about you, they can't hurt you." And it is true, if you let someone know that their opinions bother you, they will keep up with it, however if you just let their words go in one ear and out the other, they will stop picking on you.
Parent Written byLola Inc November 22, 2012

Funny show and safe for kids/teens to watch

This show is very safe for your kids to watch. Everything is about comedy and you do not need to worry about skimpy clothes, sexy dance or such things. And the storyline is always fun to watch. I can see why kids rate this show lower than the parents, it's because it's not glamorous, sexy or pink all the way. This is a good show if you dont want your kids to be shallow =)
Adult Written byAl Jackson April 18, 2012

I really really can't stand this show.

First of all,this show show deserves one star or even half a star if possible.It is really annoying.
Parent of a 5 year old Written bykee10 August 14, 2010

cute for kids 7 plus

This is a pretty harmless cute show. I don't care for the overacting, but my kids enjoy it.
Parent of a 13 year old Written byroyalblue246 August 9, 2010

Sonny is NOT funny!

This show would have been good if it was produced by nickalodain. The actors are verry bad at acting, they try so hard to be funny and random that it is kinda pathetic. Please don't wast your childrens brains by letting them watch this!
Parent of a 4, 5, and 7 year old Written by23momof3 July 1, 2010

I see nothing wrong with any part of this show.

I see nothing wrong with any part of this show. My kids love it! Some of the comments from the "heart throb" about his self indulance and his rudeness towards other stars on the show is just a little over the top but all together its not a horrible show.
Parent Written bymommygirl987654321 February 12, 2010

Sonny is funny and clean for kids

My 7 year old loves this show and my 14 year old watches because she thinks Chad is "hot". Later within the show it makes several refrences to other kid shows/movies and starts to feel like it was made to be a slimmed down version of 30 Rock, which isn't a bad thing so long that your kids havn't seen it. Overall, it's rather funny and clever for disney and definately clean.Just remind your kids that Sonny and Marshall have the olny good morals.