All parent member reviews for Southland

Adult Written byatv009 March 12, 2011

Awsome, over the top cop show

Very excellent show. Shows how cops potray when catching criminals. Though its violent and has some swearing but I defenitly recomend for ages at least 14 and up.
Adult Written bychristian2011 September 2, 2013

Very entertaining yet a grim realistic look at the lives of police officers.

Southland is a TV-MA rated crime drama show that is more darker and realistic in nature than your average CSI show. It deals with tenacious and ambitious police officers dealing with the potential dangers within their job, and even their daily lives. The whole show has a very gritty and tense atmosphere throughout, investigating grisly and disturbing crimes such as violent acts of murder, torture, rape, abuse, drug/sex trafficking, gangs, school shootings, and kidnappings - some involving children. The violence can be quite graphic and bloody, rarely any gore - this includes acts from criminals and civilians alike - shootings, domestic violence, assault, etc. There isn't any graphic sex in this series, but heavily implied with some crude/vulgar dialogue and references. The language can range from moderate to pervasive in some episodes - beeped uses of f**k, c**k, c**t, mother**ker, and unbeeped uses of sh*t. Drug use is common - some characters smoke, drink, party and use drugs - nothing too graphic or pervasive. Violence (3/5) Language (3/5) Drugs (3/5) Intensity (4/5) Sex (2/5)
Parent of a 2 and 5 year old Written bytravelinlite75 June 10, 2009

blep, blep

i don't like to hear blepping the whole time where there are supposed to be cuss words. i tmake make it more real having them talk this way, but doesn't make me want to watch it.
Adult Written byGamePlayer12 April 10, 2009

Great Show!!

This show is really good. Its only the first episode and i love it. I love crime shows like these and action.. Its a mix! I can not wait for the next show! Its not the best show for kids but its great for teens. Man its a great show.. Its not the best show ive seen, But it got a spot in my Top 10. it gets a 9/10.