Parent reviews for Space Force

Space Force Poster Image

Juvenile and Political

It's obviously written with political motivations. It makes fun of the military and military personnel. Not only does it make political references and is designed to denigrate the real Space Force. The writers are obviously fairly ignorant about the real drivers behind the real space force. I Dream of Jennie did it far better! If your kids are watching, keep in mind this is DESIGNED to be propaganda against the Space Force.

I never laughed...

Open a Conversation on Modern Issues with your Teen!

My SO is military, and I'm a scientist. We've already watched this show through 2x. We recommend this show for anyone with older teens whos willing to watch it through with them and maybe start a conversation! To be fair, there is a LOT of profanity... however... military family... not something we haven't heard... I personally loved the gags (such as the accidentally launching the rocket in the first episode and the rounding up the lizards!!) and the conflict between agendas of the military/defense and science. The SO loved the accuracy of the depiction of "how the military works" and really appreciated the episode dedicated to the military budget hearing. For the more delicate topics that are blatant (conjugal visits, jail life, masturbation, hard drugs, underage drinking) and the ones that are subtle (moving somewhere new late in life, depression, mental health, military life, consequences of military action, PTSD, current political atmosphere), I think that this show opened many conversations for our family. We've talked through things such as if one of us was to go to prison, what would our relationship expectations be? How can we use our personal choices (such as voting) to ensure that federal money is being spent properly? Do we agree with the decisions that the military makes on our behalf? Personally, I think this show is a great watch for families with older teens, especially if you follow up with conversations about the hard topics in life. We can't wait to watch it with our teens!! And don't forget... BOO*S ON THE MOON 2024!

More mature than Common Sense rating

Common Sense usually Gets the age range right / more cautious but I think they only viewed the first episode To give this a 12+. The language is more F bombs than most Netflix series. The joint chiefs scenes have funny but adult language / jokes. There is a whole story line on conjugal visits, Plus discussion of prison girlfriends, sleeping with a new girlfriend and a scene with hard drugs.

Open relationships & conjugal visits

I'm not sure if the CSR reviewer watched more than the first couple of episodes. It was pretty good (funny with some cussing) until the main character and his wife agreed to start an open marriage and pursue other relationships individually... Talk about "masturbation in front of employees" etc etc. CSR, you might seriously want to look at your rating here.

Open Marriage

It was pretty good (funny with some cussing) until the main character and his wife agreed to start an open marriage and pursue other relationships individually. This does not line up with the values of my family. Very disappointed because it was a good show up till this point and where big fans of the Office.

Funny, but there's language

Honestly, this kind of humor doesn't appeal to adults. The humor seems like it should be aimed at teens. I think if they only bleeped out the language, this show could be downgraded to TV-PG, because most of the humor isn't sexual or anything. It is hilarious and really appeals to me. You can let an 11 year old watch this, as long as they know not to repeat the words. Or something. (Most of the language is just f*** and s***.)

Great show! It deserves a second season

This isn’t a family show for all ages but for your almost adult children who are responsible enough to hear grown up content it’s a great show. The idea is great and though it’s mainly comedy has some heart warming parts that give it such character be warned swearing and other adult rated content though

Funny and entertaining show has language.

Space Force is a military comedy series created by those who made The Office, and likewise the content and quality of the show to notch. However, it does contain mature content, and because of this I will be doing an in-depth breakdown of how much, and how often this stuff occurs, as well as stating exactly what is presented. VIOLENCE: Violence is absent in this show almost completely. In no cases is there a character or person who is injured, or frightened of that matter for their lives. However, I’ll still put the things that are closest to any violence at all. In the first episode, a gas station employee is found in the back of a truck after finding out about the Space Force base. He is in no way frightened, and instead just let’s out some angry F bombs and expletives. Soldiers with guns come up to him, and the scene cuts. No more than PG content (for the violence part!) Soldiers with guns roam campus, never seeming to hurt anyone. In the final episode, Mark Naird and a soldier are placed under arrest by an Air Force General. This is a non-violent act, and they are just simply placed in plastic restraints. LANGUAGE: This is where the stronger content comes into play. In the entire first season of Space Force, the expletive “f*ck” is used roughly around 70 times with around 4-12 uses per episode. However, the variation “motherf*cker” is used roughly 6 times in the first season. “sh*t”, “a**”, “p*ssy”, “a**hole”, “bullsh*t”, “d*mn”, “d*mnit”, “godd*mn” and other milder curse words are also used regularly per episode. DRUG/ALCOHOL/TOBACCO USE: Sometimes, characters will drink responsibly, however in the season finale a teen protagonist is shown intoxicated, and clearly underage. We also see her pour a alcoholic beverage similar to vodka into a flavored ice drink. Very briefly, we see an item that is being used to do drugs. SEXUAL CONTENT/NUDITY: Normal use of mild sexual terms like “sex”, “virginity”, “horny”, etc. These are in the form of jokes, but are never descriptive or strong in any way. Some kissing, implied sex. OVERALL: Space Force is a TV-MA rated show, and that is definitely for the language only. Every other form of content fits in at least a TV-14 rated show, and because of this I recommend ages 12+

Such great series very funny doesn’t deserve a tv-ma rating .but some of the jokes they make are more adult jokes they do use lots of language but overall it’s a great series.good for kids 10 and up maybe 9 if you are ok with swearing. There is no violence