Parent reviews for Spaced

Brit Gen-X tales will tickle young adults' fancy.

Adult Written byEricDM February 28, 2009

Better than I could have hoped!

I bought this on a whim as I thoroughly enjoyed Simon Pegg's films "Shaun of the Dead" and "Hot Fuzz." I was hopeful that Spaced would deliver that kind of humor, and the thought of said humor in the length of a series was heavenly. In this way the show more than delivered, as not only did it have that same "charm" as Pegg's films, but it had so much more. The character line-up is just fantastic, with the bubbly and unpredictable Daisy, the war-aholic Mike (played by Nick Frost for fans of Pegg's films), and my personal favorite, the depressed, semi-gay-but-really-straight, emotive-styled artist Brian. The rest of the cast is by no means any less wonderful, and you'll find the misadventures of these 20-somethings to be more and more entertaining as the series goes on (and sadly, ends).

As far as who should view this, anyone enthralled by a sort of "geek culture" is sure to appreciate the humor and references. However, it's hard for me to imagine anyone under the age of 17 truly appreciating the material, and it's not really appropriate for those under this age group anyways. This is really one for the college crowd and older.
Adult Written byDisneyFan April 9, 2008

LOVE IT!

I am almost obsessed with this show--I wish it had been longer than 2 seasons. Not knowing the content, my 12 year old sat down and watched it with us--and after two episodes, got up and left as he was bored. I was actually quite thankful as the language can be a bit course and there is some dealing with drugs--Tim stays up for 24 hours after taking speed. I can't see how anyone under 25 would really enjoy this--with all of the pop culture references, you'd really need to have been a child of the 80's to appreciate. A brilliant program, though. Still, either you'll LOVE it or not get it.