All parent member reviews for Spider-Man: The New Animated Series

Parent of a 7 and 9 year old Written byPapa_Reviews February 12, 2010

Teenagers yes, youngsters no

This is a show for older kids. I wouldn't let younger ones watch it. Some mild language and implied sexual activity.
Parent of a 6 year old Written bytrinitydawn22 August 13, 2012

Not for children

It's pretty violent. The episode I watched a teacher was electrocuted to death by the electric bad guy. They used the B word and A word, and also had sexual themes and girls were suggestive. I would only recommend this for teens. I made the mistake of getting it at the library thinking it was the normal spider-man cartoon for my 6 year old. Why it was even in the children's section is beyond me, it should be in with the teens section.
Parent of a 13 year old Written byohya August 24, 2010
Parent Written byPinkiePenguin September 18, 2015

Big Mistake For Those With Young Kids

I took my almost 8 year old son to a small local DVD Rental Store. I told him he could pick ANY kids movie he would like and he choose this one. Little did I know it was a big mistake. Within 5 mins into the movie. They are talking about alcoholic beverages. Then it moves into Peter Parker using a pair of binoculars to zoom in on a couple making out. The couple has their hands all over each other with his hands rubbing all of the females bare thighs. Needless to say I turned it off and we watched something else. Not appropriate at all for young child. My son was so disappointed that he couldn't watch it. Don't make the mistake I did. This again is not a show for young kids.
Adult Written byMBII August 4, 2014

Why must parents insist on being idiots?

How many times do people have to be told, not every animated series is for children? Still, they don't get it through their thick skulls and get pissed off when they come across animation for older people. Also, just because you watched something with your kid that wasn't kid-friendly DOES NOT MEAN you give the series a 1-star review. Do any of you geniuses know how this site works?
Adult Written byAl Jackson April 15, 2012

Good show but it has a few problems.

This is a good show,but it has a few problems.Some of the characters are horribly annoying.The animation is nice.
Adult Written byjeccabecca February 22, 2009

No for young kids

I put this on for my kids (Ages 6 and 4) who really like spiderman. I sat down to watch it with them. The opening scene was a very busty woman in lycra, who made a comment about another woman's breasts. A couple of minutes later, Spiderman says "Damn it". I turned to show off at that point. If that is what is contained in the first 5 minutes, I don't care to see the rest.