All parent member reviews for Spider Riders

Parent of a 14 year old Written bykristianjl April 9, 2008

Poorly Executed

I watched the premiere with my son. This is a pretty derivative, unimaginative show. And although some of the backgrounds looked pretty nice, the execution is poor. The voices of the spiders don't have any quality that differentiates them from humans. We were pretty bored by it.
Parent Written byAngelistic-101 September 27, 2013

Arachnophobes, beware!

I'll admit it, a show about warriors that battle insects and creepy bugs freaks me the heck out, but for some strange reason, I actually enjoyed this series growing up. I remember when this series first came out in 2006 and I was in grade 8 at the time. For some reason I just fell completely in love with it. The villains are hilarious and so mysterious, they don't ever appear too scary and evil, and the warrior heroes are so full of positivity and enthusiasm, it just warms my heart. This show openly displays how protagonist Hunter Steele learns to cope with his new powers and duty as a Spider Rider, as well as learning how to settle his differences and opinions with his partner and spider, Shadow. This show is filled with many positive messages, and openly displays the importance of teamwork, friendship, enthusiasm, and several other great things. It really is a great anime and it's not filled with negative messages. Young teens working together to accomplish a goal. No sex, drugs, alcohol or any of that nonsense. The only thing you have to be cautious of, is the fact that there are giant spiders in the series (arachnophobes beware!) and the warriors' excessive overuse of the words, Arachna Power, Spider Rider(s), and Let's ride! Hahaha other than that, this show is awesome!