All teen and kid member reviews for Star Trek: The Original Series

Kid, 12 years old January 2, 2010

THIS IS THE BEST TV SHOW EVER!!!

I have just started watching Star Trek, and I think that this is the best show that I've ever watched in my life! It's got good role models, and positive messages. (Though Kirk does kiss the girls too much!) Favorite line of all time: "Dammit Jim, I'm a doctor, not an engineer!"
Kid, 12 years old July 7, 2016

Best Show Ever Made!!!!!!!

I have watched every episode of this series of Star Trek, and every episode was amazing!!!!!! This show never gets old! The plots are very creative and interesting! There is lots of funny parts throughout the show, like how Uhura always loses the signal! :) Chekov was a great addition to the crew in the second and third season! This series is something everyone should see!!!!!
Kid, 10 years old January 16, 2011

The series that keeps on going where no man has gone before

A perfect tv show that ocassionally features things of a scary or sexual nature but people around 8 - 9 should be able to deal with it.
Kid, 10 years old December 14, 2012

The best TV show ever!

Star Trek is amazing. But only if you have the right personality. Star Trek bores some people, but others enjoy it. I personally think it's the best TV show ever. But, you must have a high tolerance for romance, as demonstrated by Captain James T. Kirk. Also, if you are expecting a show full of space-wars, Star Trek is not for you. Try Star Wars instead. Star Trek is more of a science fiction show for alien observation, not for space wars. Overall, Star Trek is an amazing show.
Kid, 11 years old October 2, 2012

Interesting, science-oriented adventure series for the family.

It's ok for older kids. I don't think that young kids understand the series, because there are lots of scientific words and things. But it's ok for kids at age 10 and up. The violence in the series is very rare and bloodless, sexuality is rare. I love the series!
Teen, 15 years old Written bythefinalfrontier1701 October 25, 2010

Great sci-fi with minimal violence and language.

This show is great for families and MUCH less violent than Star Wars. TOS is also the least violent in the Star Trek timeline. There is minimal blood (e.g. Episode 50, Patterns of Force and when Kirk fights the Orion in Journey to Babel.) and Kirk says, "Let's get the h-BEEP out of here in The City on the Edge of Forever. All in all, a great series that has very little concern.
Kid, 8 years old May 2, 2009

I LOVE STAR TREK!

This is my favorite Star Trek series! I love it!
Kid, 11 years old May 9, 2015

kid,age 11 (star trek)

AWWWWWWSOME! BEST TV SHOW EVERE MADE! i love this show so much even though in a lot of the eposieds some one always gets killed or gets hurt. it has some sex and some drinking and some violence too but if i had to rate this i would rate it 100 out of 10.my favorite eposieds are the apple,the way to eden,spocks brain,the enterprise incedent,and mirror mirror my favorite qute is "live long and prosper"
Teen, 13 years old Written byspaceexploration November 11, 2014

Awesomenesssssssss!

This is my favorite TV show of all time! I would say any person could watch it, but my 6 year old brother gets scared of the music. The violence is not graphic at all, but Kirk often "loses" his shirt. There is some drinking (mostly Scottie). Also McCoy says damn it and hell a lot. Kirk tries to "get close" to the ladies. All in all, Star Trek is the best TV show I ever saw!!!!!!!!!!

I LOVE STAR TREK!!!

My Mom and Grandparents are major trekkies. I've watched almost all (What my parents thought was appropriate)of the 5 star trek series and I must say I LOVE IT!!! Some kids might think that TOS (The Original Series) is lame because of the less than convincing special effects, but in my opinion they need to realize that at the time, this was ground-breaking stuff. AND that if it weren't for the original star trek and star wars, special effects would not be at the level it is today! I strongly suggest Star Trek: The Original Series for kids who like learning about what TV was like in the 60's!
Teen, 13 years old Written bysammy4488 January 16, 2012

can't get better than this!

I love Star Trek! I've watched the whole series like a thousand times over! My favorite characters are Spook and Bones. When the fight with each other it's even more funny cause Bones can never get a reaction out of Spook and Spook always has snappy come backs. The crew is like a family and is always there for each other. It can get a bit violent at times so if your kids get nightmares easy don't watch it! Best show ever next to the Big Valley! You'll get addicted!
Teen, 13 years old Written byOmiwako April 6, 2010

The Best There Is.

Need I say more, really? It's STAR TREK. You can't get any better than that! LL&P, Kiddes.
Teen, 14 years old Written bymkalv February 5, 2009

Classic!

This show practiccly invented space travel and sci-fi. A little mature for a G rating, but exciting.
Kid, 11 years old May 8, 2016

My favourite show!

I love this show! Then again, all Star trek shows are awesome! I love the unique storys and great characters. Warning for parents: Some aliens are scary looking!
Teen, 15 years old Written byMayflower1234 January 19, 2016

One of the best shows ever :)

I just started watching the show a few months ago and it's really good. The stereotypes are annoying at times but you have to remember that this show was the first to have a multiracial crew. Also it was the first show to show an interracial kiss between Kirk and Uhura. It's a great show and I hope that you enjoy it as much as I do.
Kid, 12 years old January 12, 2016

Good, little scary at some times

Good but it can be a little scary at some points.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTARDIS Tourist December 28, 2015

Star Trek series inspired many movies and spin-offs.

Amazing series with some scary creatures. Live long and prosper!
Teen, 13 years old Written byA common teen November 25, 2013

Worst series since Star Wars

Don't waste your time on these movies.
Kid, 10 years old February 17, 2013

Star Trek

Star Trek is so so. some parts are a little boring.
Kid, 12 years old April 11, 2011

Perfect for tweens, teens and adults

Young children may be frightend by the aliens and also there is some sexual content. Overall a very safe and entertaining programme.