Kid reviews for Star Wars: The Clone Wars

Star Wars: The Clone Wars Poster Image

2 people found this helpful.

Excellent show with some darker moments

This is one of the best shows I’ve ever watched. It has violence but most of the things harmed are robots. The show always begins with a wise quote but it does have some darker moments. I think kids will love it but wait until they’re nine.

Misleading rating

It’s an amazing show but it has some very violent moments, dark themes, a few minor curses decapitations, Suicide, terrorist, torture, slavery, females in small amounts of clothing(background), pin up art, corruption, people getting high, people getting drunk, assassination, murder, conspiracy, war crimes, and the word hell used once as well as God twice

Love this show

This is a great show. It may look like a kids show but definitely is not. The first season is pretty light hearted but the violence ramps up after season one. if you have seen other star wars movies then you should be good. One of the main characters is a girl along with Anakin and obi wan. There is murder, suicide, drugs, slaves ,and assassins, but minus that this is a great show with great role models. My brother watched this when he was 7 and he was totally fine so if your child likes this stuff and star wars they should be fun.

1 person found this helpful.
I was very surprised that this had such low rating until I realized that this website was trying to see what was best for children. Even though this show aired on cartoon network, anyone who's watched it clearly knows its not. I has a lot on brutal onscreen deaths that can be violent even if they were in something like a marvel movie, and this doesn't even count lots of implied stuff. It also deals with darker themes. Never the less, I absolutely adore this series, and its my personal favorite piece of media you'll find anywhere (even above Avatar the last airbender in my opinon, which if you liked that show I would definitely recommend.) Still, if you want to show to a kid or something like that, I'd wait until they were a little bit older until they can experience this masterpiece of a show.

1 person found this helpful.

The best piece of tv cinema/animation star wars has ever had!

The best piece of tv cinema/animation star wars has ever had! Now some things like lightsabers being stabbed into other people may be a little edgy, but no blood or beheadings are shown. Genially, one off my favorite child shows. It also brought me to be more interested into the prequal trilogy. In other words, AMAZING PIECE OF CINEMA

1 person found this helpful.

An impressive t.v. show addressing complex moral issues

This show is amazing, and truly the best there is for Star Wars fans. Let kids watch it, there's no downside. I loved it as a six year old, and while it was violent it was a fun show (warning on the season 1 episodes blue shadow virus and mystery of the thousand moons feature bio warfare and even as the show gets darker this remains as arguably the single scariest arc.) As I got older I realized the vision behind Star Wars the Clone Wars. It's a series that like nothing else shows the size and complexity of the Star Wars galaxy. It has many metaphors to American interventionism, discusses the cost of war, and shows, through the lens of the galactic Senate, how dictators rise to power. It makes Anakin's fall to the dark side relatable as opposed to confusing and shows struggles beyond winning a war. This show is truly a love letter to Star Wars and I would recommend it to anyone whatever their age.

1 person found this helpful.

If your kid can watch the movies, they can watch this.

Really, really, really great show. I get that some other parents say that the show contains some violence, although it’s mainly fantasy violence with no blood. There are uses of “guns” so If you’re not comfortable with that then probably this isn’t a good fit. But if you let your kids watch the original trilogy and they were fine, they’ll definitely be fine with this because it’s animated. There is also a really nice message at the start of each episode, if you like that.

Best show ever!!!

I think these show is the best Star Wars content the later seasons are for older children but the series has probably the best morality lessons of any show ever. The ending of the series is very intense and emotional and intense for anyone

great show

The Clone Wars is one of my favorite shows, and it has likeable characters, a great plot, and good messages. It's darker than most kids shows, so it's not really for younger kids (there are a ton of on-screen deaths, there's a lot of violence and fighting, and I remember one time where they said "hell"). The first two seasons aren't that great, but each season is better than the previous one. It's also better than the Star Wars movies (imo)