All teen and kid member reviews for Stargate SG-1

Teen, 13 years old Written byAryaKxoxo January 8, 2015

STARGATE SG-1

This is my favourite TV show, and the only tv show that I actually like. Before stargate, I hated TV because it was almost always soppy romances with no action. I haven't watched every single episode however I have watched quite a lot. The episode "Prometheus Unbound" featuring Vala can be a little inappropriate however most 12 year olds would be fine. Some episodes can include blood, but again 12 year olds should be okay. In my opinion, some of the characters are really good role models, my personal favourite being Samantha Carter. Over some episodes, they also portray some great messages. In some episodes, they do go into some details into the physics kind of thing, but it's never for very long, so don't be put off by that! Stargate is also pretty funny, thanks to Jack O'neill. Overall, I would REALLY recommend this series to anyone who likes a good sci-fi story.
Kid, 11 years old October 7, 2012

If you're a fan of Sci-fi, enjoy!

This show is very good. This show, like Firefly, takes the Star Trek concept, but twists it. What do I mean by this? Firefly took away aliens, when this show took away spaceships. Note: If you want to show this show to anybody, show that person or yourself watch Stargate (1994) first. Other note: For the shows pilot, skip a scene about 1 hour in for it has nudity if you believe your child may not handle full frontal female nudity (Done in a way that's not sexual) and even more showing of said character's breasts but if your child accidentally saw his/her mom naked, don't worry (I handled it so me being a(n) (Mature) 11 year-old, you shouldn't worry to much) . Further more on second note: If you're lucky (If you have a child that you don't want to see nudity) you might find a PG version of the pilot that you might consider a better introduction to the series than a pilot that originally aired on Showtime that's rated R so that's all. Yet another note: SG wise, watch the movie Stargate (1994), then this show, then on Season 7, watch this and Stargate Atlantis back-to-back, then after Atlantis' third season watch Stargate: The Ark of Truth, after that watch Stargate: Continuum, then finish Atlantis, and finish it all off with Stargate Universe, and if you're sad of no more Stargate, look for Stargate: Infinity, and if you're still sad after finishing that, play Stargate: Resistance, and if you're STILL sad, read the books, comics, listen to audiobooks, ect., AND IF YOU STILL SAD, hope for the improbable sequels to Stargate (1994). You will love this show and become a Gater!
Kid, 12 years old November 8, 2009

Ok for 11 and up.

I LOVE STARGATE! There is some wierd religion stuff though.
Teen, 13 years old Written byLizzieBox May 23, 2014

Light, Carma, Play!

It has those funny moment mostly with Jack but some times with other people. Or it can be dramatic in some parts. Lots of action. In the the first few Eps. I would not show kids there's a nude lady.
Kid, 10 years old January 25, 2013

Stargate Sg-1

Stargate SG-1 is a thrilling sci-fi adventure were four explorers journey through a wormhole called a stargate (hence the name, stargate sg1.) However, in the first episode there is a scene of nudity. I recomend not to watch this part with a child. ( I could not see this part, ether.) All in all, stargate sg1 is a great sci-fi series. HIGHLY RECOMMEND.
Teen, 14 years old Written bymylibrarycardworeout August 10, 2011

A Great One for the Family!

There is not as much violence in this one. People die but there really is not blood at all. It is a great TV show and it will keep you interested. It is a must watch. There is positive role modeling as people work together and they help others. It is a good family TV show. There is full frontal nudity in the very first episode but otherwise there is nothing else of that nature at all. There is some creepy creature living in some people and that is a little weird - but it is not too bad.
Teen, 13 years old Written byzappyo29 March 23, 2012

Good sci-fi series is fine for 12+

Great show, but fairly violent and creepy. Also, the pilot episode has bare breasts shown for several seconds, but it isnt sexual. Other than that, fine for mature 12 yr olds. Not as good as some other sci-fi shows, like The X-Files and Star Trek, but still worth watching.
Teen, 14 years old Written bygaming4people October 17, 2010

Box set warning

If you buy the box set it has one episode that has nudity in it. Other than that, its age appropriate and the best TV show alive today!
Kid, 10 years old April 9, 2008

its one greate show

Teen, 13 years old Written byjames brown April 9, 2008

better than "Stargate Adlantis"

Let Me sum it up Guns, Aliens, Mcagiver. you definetly want to watch it. sometimes they speek "Sci-Fi" and it's confuseing