Kid reviews for Stranger Things

Dark "strange invader" drama will appeal to sci-fi fans.

Teen, 14 years old Written byrebo344 July 15, 2016

One of TV's finest.

Stranger Things is amazing. The "retro" soundtrack is great, the acting is amazing, mainly from Finn Wolfhard, who has decent chemistry with Millie Brown, the story is fresh and new and each episode gets better and better. Grade: A.

Teen, 13 years old Written byhalobro678 July 23, 2016

Great show!

Its a great show and I think teens and some 12 year olds could watch it. Blood and Gore is shown briefly. And sex scenes happen a lot throughout the first 3-4 episodes. No nudity is shown in the process. It has a good 80's feel with the soundtrack and its just good.

Kid, 11 years old July 18, 2016

One of the best TV shows for teens!

The show has positive messages and great role models! A kidnapped boy's mother won't stop trying to look for him and contact him until she finds him. But the show has lots of swearing. The children say s--t frequently, no "F" word mentioned in the show at all. But there is a lot of other swear words like, p---y, hell, dammit, queer, f--got etc. And you see the adults smoking pretty often, and there's one part when 2 adults drink alcohol, and drug names are mentioned in a scene. The violence is not THAT bad for a horror show (at least for me). A little girl breaks a man's neck with powers, and breaks a boy's arm (the scenes aren't graphic, you just hear a snap). A bully threatens to cut a younger boy unless an other young boy doesn't jump from a large drop (He didn't get cut in that scene and the boy was saved in the scene). A man cuts a dead body's chest open in one scene, it looks really gross when he cuts the body open but the body was fake and there was no blood. 2 teens cut their hand but blood isn't shown. There is a scene where a little girl explodes the bad people's brains, you just hear the explosions but the people's eyes we're bleeding. And there is one fight scene, one teen got bad injuries from it. And there is really serious bullying in the show, but in the end they learn their lessons. The show has some kissing and you see a girl in bras, and a girl says to his mother that he slept with a boy. Some bullies call a boy gay. The reason why i give this TV-show 5/5 is because it has an amazing plot, glorious acting, especially the children's acting are better than the adult expert's acting. Can't wait for more. The age is good for teens and up but it's okay for younger kids who have strong stomachs like me, and can handle the violence, and know that swearing is not good, and who are not gonna drink, do drugs, or smoke.

Teen, 13 years old Written byThe.Skylar.Sister November 30, 2016

Best Show Ever!

First of all, to the people who say "There are a lot of Jesus references" keep your Jesus out of my sci fi! There are a lot of swear words but nothing a mature tween can't handle. There are some heavy makeout scenes, and a lot of people die. For example a man ventures into another dimension and they drag his helmet out covered in blood. Some children would get scared. My brother saw it and was terrified. He's 9. It's not exactly scary but creepy. Not at all realistic. There is beer drinking but all in all it's fine.

Teen, 13 years old Written bybuchanaan17 August 13, 2016

Amazing 80s!

This is an amazing show, even though some violence. It includes many references to the 80s era, and shows amazing loyalty. There are a few scary scenes, a young boy being taken by a monster, but nothing kids of this generation couldn't handle. All in all, an amazing story!

Kid, 12 years old July 7, 2018

Why are parents so clueless??

I personally think this is the best series on Netflix. So many parents reviews i've read are saying " too much sex! " , " kids should not swear " , ext. I think parents should know, almost EVERY 9+ kid knows what sex, drugs, alcohol and many more references that are in this show. Yes it may be " scary " and it should depend on the kid more than the parent! Give your kid freedom PLEASE. You may feel a certain way about Christ but that doesn't mean your child feels the exact way you feel!! Let them watch the first 3 episodes and see what they think. If they hate it, stop watching it, and same goes for you, parent that is reading this. Okay, my opinion has been said and i can now sleep at night. Thank you. :)

Teen, 13 years old Written byPixxii July 13, 2019

Looove this show!!

This show is very good for ages 11 and up for many reasons. The show has many characters who are good role models and subtly share great messages with the audience. One character is a boy who never loses hope in a misunderstood girl that is struggling. One is a mother whose son is missing and doesn't give up at any cost to stop looking for him. Even when the entire town calls her crazy. There are many other characters with other great and inspiring stories. This show has no nudity whatsoever. Sexy scenes are scarce and when they are apparent it is nothing you wouldn't see is a Victoria's Secret commercial. So there is no need to feel the need to skip the moment someone takes of there shirt. One character does smoke a large amount but, as long as you/your child understands not to smoke and the consequences of such, then it should be of no worry. The show does have a lot excessive swearing but again, as long as you/your child knows not to repeat those words than watching this show with your eleven year old will be perfectly comfortable. Stranger Things does have a few violent fight scenes. I personally am not phased by blood or teens throwing a few punches but if you feel like your child shouldn't watch that sort of content than there should be much worry as they are few and far between. Lastly, there are a few unsettling and perhaps scary and creepy aspects of the show. SPOILER: A girl does get kidnapped by the main monster of the show and gets killed. The death isn't shown. They other characters do, however, find her body covered in slime and slugs coming out of her. The monsters aren't that scary for older kids and teens but can be scary for some. There are some other scenes that may gross some out, but if your child is over the age of 11, I highly doubt that the show could lead to nightmares. Overall the show is very enjoyable with phenomenal actors and character. A followable plot and I would highly recommend to anyone that enjoys mysteries, thrillers, dramas, and perhaps horror. 10/10 tv show.

Teen, 14 years old Written byHpfan12 July 1, 2019

Stranger Things is a must see for everyone! But NOT for little kids, best for older tweens, teens, and adults! Warning some spoilers!

I absolutely love this show! This show is a very appealing look in the greatest era of all time the 80’s! It does have language like sh*t (mostly), b*tch, and p*ssy in the first and third season), and some bullying to the three main characters (in the first season) In sexual terms, it’s not bad, there’s brief talk of making out, and teen characters are seen making out, and a boy asks a girl to take her shirt off (only her bra was shown, no nudity shown in the process) and it only occurs during only two or three episodes in the first season, and a romance triangle between three of the kids in the show (in season two), In violence terms, it does have violence, jump scares, blood, and gore, and people do get hurt, and one character has telekinesis, so the character’s nose bleed every time she does the power ( but nothing bad). But in season 3 the violence is amped up a ton, so be prepared! There is smoking, and drinking, but not a lot, two of the main adults on the show smoke cigarettes. And a lot of 80’s movie references, that a kid should probably know, like for example, Ghostbusters, and adults will love the 80’s theme. But all in all, it’s a great show, and it actually has great messages, and positive role models. And despite the TV-14 rating, it would be fine for 11 and up!

Teen, 13 years old Written byStrangerthingslover January 12, 2018

STRANGER THINGS REVIEW

Stranger Things is a really good show from Netflix and is based in the 80's. It's about a bunch of kids who find a girl and lose there friend to a monster they call the demogorgon. They play Dungeons and Dragons quite often and use the names of the monsters. Very good retro soundtrack which is sure to give you some nostalgia if you were around in the 80's. There is quite a bit of swearing in each episode and some sexual scenes in the first 3-4 episodes of season 1 but besides that it's an amazing show with a very accurate view on the eighties. An amazing cast with an awesome plot. I highly recommend watching it if you haven't yet. My Grade: A+
Kid, 12 years old November 10, 2017

Stranger Things Full Review

Violence: Scary noises, monsters. A man is shot in the head. Children in peril. A girl has nosebleeds. Girl uses powers to snap necks, slam people into walls, make their eyes bleed. Sex: Man sleeps with a woman he just met. Teens make out, and in one seen a teen girl takes off her shirt to expose her bra and makes out with a another teen in bed. References to screwing people. A lunch seen where teens talk about sex and make orgasm noises. Language: p---y, son of a b--ch, d--k, slut, ass, damn. Drinking/drugs: Lots of drinking and smoking. Man takes pills for anxiety.

Teen, 13 years old Written byajismynameboi1 January 1, 2018

Sex in it!

Omg this is terrible it had langugae and sex! Im a teen and im sorry that I watched this! Guys plz listen to me if ur 13 like me plz plz plz dont watch it!

Written byAnonymous December 28, 2017

I LOVE STRANGER THINGS

Yes, this show has some of the icky, gooey parts, but it also teaches about love, how in the end, love helps you meet. Now, I am not all too big about love, but this show is an attention grabber. The actors and actresses worked hard, and the viewers work hard watching the show and coming up with theories. The other day, my mother was binge watching the entire series, and she comes from an Indian family for all of you stereotypical people, and she was pretty surprised about how good this was. Of course, she wouldn't allow this for her 4 year old son, but she said that I could watch it. Later on in the show, you learn how violence is bad, but still, there is a lot of violence, so this show cannot be for kids around the age of eight, but for kids older, they would love it. The mixture of geekiness, nerdiness, and the sci-fi really attracts young kids. This show is based around the 80's, so kids wouldn't really think about doing the things they did in the show now because they would think that the 80's were crumbly besides the demogorgon from Dungeons and Dragons (I love that game). It adds the fright, happiness, warmth, and sadness that you need.

Kid, 12 years old November 22, 2017

Inappropriate!!

This show is very inappropriate. There is a very intamite sex scene. It doesn't show anything sexual but it's obvious what it is. The show is also very dark and depressing. Do not watch this show if u Want your kids having clean minds.

Teen, 13 years old Written byWheatley1 November 20, 2016

One of my favorite shows has , violence, sex, and language

Let me start of by saying that I disagreed with the adult who gave it a 18+ just because the characters say Jesus and don't pray. Many TV shows and movies are like that. That being said there is some adult material. The violence isn't too bad, but there is some shooting, killings of people using telekinisess and some attacking and killings done by the demigorgon (The monster). The horror is a main issue, I can guarantee you that the show will frighten adults and kids of all ages. There is an 80% chance that you will have at least 1 nightmare after watching the show. Particularly the 3rd episode. Some language sl*t, sh*t , a$$, damn, and hell, and infrequently son of a b****h and pu**y. The sex in this show is another main issue, there are two sex scenes, but only 1 is really graphic. It show a man and a woman's naked back while they make out and go on top of each other. Some hardcore make out scenes. I recommend this show to teens 13+

Kid, 9 years old September 23, 2016

I loved it!

Perfect mix of E.T, Alien, Poltergeist and other 80s sci -fi movies! Scary themes, a sexual scene and some swearing are included.
Teen, 14 years old Written byJemma-Fitzsimmons August 26, 2016

Stranger Things is fantastic!

As someone who loves the 80s era (even though I was born in the 2000s) this show was fantastic! I'm a huge fan of the Sci-Fi genre, like The X-Files, Fringe, Doctor Who, Superheroes, etc. This show was great. It mainly followed the 5 main kids, aged 11-12. Now, don't let the main characters age fool you, the show was not meant for younger audiences. I recommend being 13 or 14 at least. Some of the language was a bit overwhelming considering I don't swear. I've watched it 2x now and I still love it. Season 2 will most likely have a love triangle between Nancy (the missing boy's best friends sister) Jonathan (the missing boy's brother) and Steve (the bad boy Nancy is with in the beginning of the show) who are all aged I assume around 16-18. Definitely worth watching.

Teen, 13 years old Written byOboss July 6, 2019

Amazing Show

This show is amazing but there are a few things that young kids shouldn’t be exposed to. The new season (3) has a lot more language then the other seasons so far. I said 13+ because there is a lot of swearing and you have to be ready for a scare but most teens are used to hearing cuss words like F**k (Only used once), B***h, D**n, P***y, or S**t. There is also a lot of smoking.

Teen, 13 years old Written byItsRyGuy July 4, 2019

Stranger Things: Season 1 and 2 review

Stranger things is a sci-fi television on Netflix with the TV rating of TV-14. I disagree with the rating of 14 plus personally with lots of bloody violence, mild cursing mostly used by tweens and young adults, and some high school romance. WARNING, SPOILERS AHEAD: The monster/Demegorgon has the intent of killing humans and hunting them down. Unfortunately, some characters that you grow to like In the series will die in some gruesome and bloody ways. Police officers find a drowned corpse in a quarry lake, which might be scary to younger kids. The chief of police cuts open the child corpse to determine if it is real or not, revealing it was a fake. Kids and main characters are in peril constantly and work to help watch other get over the death of their friend. A teen kills the Demegorgon with a bear trap, gasoline and fire, and a wooden baseball bat with nails. Characters use revolvers, assault rifles, and flamethrowers. A character is an alcoholic and smokes constantly. Teens drink underaged and end up getting really drunk and throwing up everywhere. Kids have seizures, torture people for hurting them as children, and are stabbed with hot fireplace pokers. A monster eats a family cat and a main character pukes up a slug. Many fistfights and strong bullying amongst kids and teens. A main character is racist, and smoke and drinks underaged. Racist name calling such as calling African Americans “Midnight” and “Extra Dark”. Overall, a great Tv show that teens would want to watch, just lots of violence and teen relationships.

Kid, 12 years old November 12, 2016

Too much profanity, quite boring

All my friends told me that stranger things is an amazing tv series, but I tried it out and did not like it at all. The language is obscure, it's pointless and irritating and I don't know why people haven't made a bigger fuss about it. The sex is ok I guess there isn't too much. There's a bit of drinking too. Honestly, I would'nt even bother watching stranger things because it's boring

Kid, 12 years old September 22, 2016

Holy Demogorgon! (if you watch it you'll get what I mean)

This series is the best sci-fi series ever! I love the plot, and the scare factor will make you feel like your in the upside down (yet again, watch it). This series was hard on me. In the first two episodes, there was kissing, implied sex and sex jokes, but that was only the first two. Very freaky though, with blood and gore at some moments, but the blood is only used for the plot. For example, the El blows her enemies eyeballs out (blood trickling out is the only sign) with blood all over the walls and ground, but that was used to lure the creature there in the plot. The "demogorgon" is very creepy, and looks like a nightmarish boogeyman with claws and a thirst for blood. Smoking is used a lot, and alcohol is used to brush someone's teeth. Also. everyone swears with the words s--t, d--k, damn and hell all over the place, even used by kids! This show is very addicting though, and my dad and I watch all of season 1 in a week. Lots of good messages, with a cliffhanger and tons of clues to make you wonder: "What will happen next?" And overall, this series made me cry inside, become afraid of the dark, flickering lights, and bleeding, and give me another reason to watch Netflix.