A Black girl sits next to her mom and dad on a couch, all smiling. She is pointing at a smartphone that they are looking at together.

Concerned about social media, AI, and screen time?

Subscribe to our newsletter and get the best out of media and tech.

Parent and Kid Reviews on

Suits

Suits Poster Image: Gabriel Macht and Patrick J. Adams wearing suits
Our Review

Based on 36 parent reviews

Sort by:

The language isn't the issue...

This show features a young man who turns from a life of drug dealing to the high-stakes world of law in NYC. Overall, the story is interesting. There are a few likeable characters but (as with most shows), the majority of the main characters have major flaws (lying being one of them which gets old). One thing that kind of bugs me about the show is all the unnecessary sex scenes. Now let me preface this by saying that I have a very low tolerance when it comes to sex scenes in general (especially if I'm watching a show with my husband) so to someone else it may not be that bad. The very first scene of the show is with the main character getting in bed with a very scantily clad woman (which the camera focuses in on). There are many, many scenes like this throughout the show (especially one of the main character's girlfriend-we get it, they like having sex!). The show glorifies having multiple sexual partners and in pretty much every episode there is a scene that implies sex or shows a woman in lingerie or completely naked on top from the back. What is even more dumb is that every woman in the show wears incredibly tight skirts and dresses with super low cut necklines (um what happened to office dress codes?!) and the camera literally pans over their butts and their cleavage in slow motion throughout the show. Like, I said, great storyline. Has the makings to be a great and really interesting show that showcases the world of lawyers but the sex and the clear objectification of every woman just ruins it for me.

13 people found this helpful.

Why use the Lord's name in vain?

It makes me cringe that they say the GodD..... I've tried to watch after quitting because my husband still watches. It seems that in the beginning, they didn't do that. What happened? Why ??? I'm 56 and cannot stand it.

3 people found this helpful.

I like the series except one major flaw....the used of the God D** word a million times - come on not cool.

Great Role models

1 person found this helpful.

Okay for teens, bad for children.

Languge: While their is a bit of language: s### and d### for example but nothing to bad that a 12+ can't handle. Unless you have a problem with a few swear words it should be fine. Sex: a few sex scenes but exepet for maybe one big sex sence every season nothing really to big. A few sended where someone will remove their shirt or bra but you would only see from the back. Vilonce: a few times someone would punch another if they insult them, for example one of the main characters Harvy Specter punched a man in the face for insulting his mother. A brawl once broke out but really this is a law show not a violent one. Drugs: the main character, Mike Ross, used to smoke pot but ended up quiting to become a lawyer. His ex-best friend was also a dealer. Some would say this is bad but I say that this shows that you could turn your life around. There is also a few times where people will drink alcohol if they are celebrating. Consumerism: barley any, Harvy Specter is a multi-millioner who gambles a little, drives fancy cars, and wears ten thousand suits. But nothing is really Consumerism. role models: the main character, Mike Ross, cares about his clients and helps them if it hurts his career. He also quit smoking and joined a law firm. Although he does break the law to get in there but nothing big. Positive messages: not that many in total.

Suits

It's pretty relaxed, and the language is okay. It is appropriate for anyone. However kids under 10 may need to watch it with a responsible adult.
1 person found this helpful.

Not as bad as all the adults say

There are some great messages and role models. But a problem most people are having is language (s#$t and godammit) which is the kind of language youd year in a pg-13 a little more frequent than most but it’s a great show everyone must watch

Not As Clean as Expected

My husband and I really enjoyed the show "White Collar" (which has some issues for sure, but generally has good morals), and we had heard this show was similar. So based on others reviews of this show, I was looking forward to watching it since the language seemed to be the only issue. I started watching it with my husband, and on the first episode it showed the main character in bed with a woman in very skimpy lingerie. If it had been just me watching the show, it wouldn't have bothered me as much, but since my husband was also watching based off of the "clean" reviews the show was given, I was disappointed. We generally try to avoid shows that could put him in a awkward place and cause him to struggle/stumble. We continued on with the show anyway though. The show itself does have some good messages. One character fights for others rights selflessly, and soon others take notice and begin doing the same. I appreciated that about it! But for me the cons outweigh the pros...By the 10th episode both characters had bedded multiple women (always showing unbuttoning of shirts, women in bras, bare backs, but not anything past that), and I was very disappointed that in one episode, a main character had bedded and engaged woman who told him "not to be sorry". It made me sad that that was the message portrayed at the end of the episode. In another episode, the more moral of the main characters kisses a woman who is the girlfriend to his best friend. He seems regretful of the choice then, but later (shortly after the couple has broken up) he beds her. Besides the immodesty and sexual freedoms, there is language in the show as well. Not as much as I expected - after reading reviews, but it is consistent. I would also say their are adult themes in the show, such as one character illegally sales weed and some cases involve rape and sexual harassment. Me and my husband stopped watching it about the 10th or 12th episode in.

1 person found this helpful.

i think that the majority of reviews here are going well and beyond over board!

this show is great the swearing in it is basically non existent, yes it does have the occasional s**t but it is nothing to what kids hear on a day to day basis at school. so i feel if they can handle school why should they not be allowed to watch a great show.
1 person found this helpful.

USA... where is your morality/standards?

The language on this show is terrible. This show might be great. However , I will never know as the language in this show, goddamn/s--t, is not acceptable in my house. I turned if off within the first 5 minutes and will not be turning it back on. The use of "goddamn" is one thing I will not tolerate and quite frankly there is no reason for it. Would you tolerate a server in a restaurant asking you how the "goddamn" meal is or is the s--t any good. Come on people, demand better from the networks!