All teen and kid member reviews for Superjail

Teen, 14 years old Written byHWADOB May 7, 2011

Don't you dare show kids this show.

This show is absolutely inappropriate in every-way. Seriously. But, the 1 1/2 episodes I've seen have left me wanting more, it's completely addictive, all the colors and the crazy smooth animation, the absolute quirky and unique-ness set it apart from other Adult Swim shows *sigh* I wish I would be allowed to watch it :( But I even I know that it's completely inappropriate for someone my age and even a little bit older for me to watch
Teen, 14 years old Written byCartoongal1888 May 26, 2012

Are you kidding me..?

I cannot believe some of these reviews. Yes, this show is not good for your little kiddies. For you helicopter parents, why don't you check out the show instead of relying on reviews? It's obvious this show is meant for an older audience, as there is the "viewer discretion is advised" message before the show. I also cannot believe how people say this show is disgusting. I LOVE IT.The characters may not be "Good fort my kiddies!", but they are entertaining, like a real cartoon is suppose to be like. And not to teach your kids a lesson. P.S: HTFMime, the purpose of that scene was for characterization. It shows how The Warden is twisted. Also, the bunny was already dead.And how can you watch Happy Tree Friends, which has more ripping skin off also? Try to explain that one. So to wrap this up, this show isn't good for your little ones, as it will "Twist their minds" -sarcasm-.. But this show isn't made for your kids. If you are concerned, watch the show first from a parental view point, then just an adult perspective. It would probably be different.
Kid, 10 years old April 2, 2011

Good for anyone over 9

This show is really good. It contains occasional language and some animated violence. But most of it is something most people 9-11 can handle.
Kid, 11 years old November 23, 2009

WAAAY too violent

I looooooove it!!!! This is my favorite show ever!!! There is an overdose of violence, and sex, and psycho people. The robot usually rips people in half, and everyone dies in brutal ways. very disturbing. There is also a Transfestite I do believe, named Alice? I could be wrong though.
Teen, 17 years old Written byChayla_Forte84 August 1, 2016

FUNNY!

While this Adult Swim cartoon is very hysterical, it is not appropriate for kids under 12.
Kid, 11 years old March 9, 2009

Best Show in the World; if you're over 12.

I LOVE Superjail. Loved it since I was ten. I'l eleven now, and I still love it. The pure originalness of it is what attracts me to it: Super Genius Troublemaking Twins, one Psychopathic Warden, etc, but if you're a parent, maybe this show isn't so great for you. It gives no teaching morals and has extreme violence; and that's okay if you're kids quite advanced. They'll KNOW it's just a silly cartoon, they KNOW it's fake. But for younger children, it could scare them (it freaks me out sometimes too) and it could give them a bad example of what life is really like in the prison. Over all, it's a lovely show, really. Just...innapropiate.
Teen, 17 years old Written byMoniteauAlto November 6, 2012

Good for Older Teens

"Superjail!" is a wonderful series for older teenagers and college-age kids. The biggest issue is the extreme violence. It is literally one of the most graphic animations on television today, but that is also the beauty of it. Throughout all the show's brutal violence lies great creativity and well-written story lines. There becomes more sexual innuendo as the series progresses, including an entire episode where the Warden falls for what appears to be a nudist woman. I think the only real problem this show could have on older kids is with the drug references. The series frequently displays various characters smoking, drinking, and even the use of illegal substances. These displays are often portrayed in a positive manner, leaving impressionable minds to think that drugs and alcohol are amazing things. On the flip side, there is the example of the character, Jared. Jared recovers many addictions and although his indulgence in such things give him temporary happiness, he usually ends of regretting everything. Other positive messages in the series include the relationship between Jean and Paul. Their relationship teaches acceptance to those who are gay/bi, and shows that they are just like everyone else. Also, although real prisons are not as deadly as Superjail, it should be a scary reason to why you should never end up in jail.
Teen, 13 years old Written byJacobIsaac June 14, 2011

A crazy, funny, fast-paced show

This is currently my favorite animated show. It may be short, but it's the most entertaining 12 minutes I've spent watching tv.
Teen, 14 years old Written byRicky Stan December 26, 2009

Pretty cool for teens but may be too volient for kids.

This show is awesome, it has very good action from the Warden and comedy from thr Twins.
Teen, 14 years old Written byMetropolisforever December 7, 2009

Dreadful, Dreadful Trash; Not for Anyone with a Brain

This dreadful piece of garbage is yet another one of Adult Swim's pathetic attempts to ante up the "shocking", "edgy" factor in their shows. While the creators of "Superjail!" really do try to be as offensive as humanly possible, it isn't shocking. It's just pathetic. If you're going to joke about prison rape and cancer, AT LEAST make it FUNNY. But no. The [as] crew is trying so hard to be "shocking" and "subversive" that they forgot to be funny. There is nothing even remotely amusing about any of this garbage. It's just 12 minutes of senseless, grotesque cartoon violence, loud noises, tasteless "jokes", and credits. If the creators were trying to be offensive, they failed. If they were trying to be funny, they REALLY failed. Don't waste any of your time on this sad, sorry excuse for a cartoon. Seriously. I mean it. Don't do it.
Kid, 10 years old September 14, 2009

Superjail, good show, bad gore, messages and sex

I think this show is one of the best adultswim shows ever! But, it also displays greusome amounts of over-the-top graphic violence and has a transexual guard the Warden falls deeply in love with but has no realization of the transexuality of his love. Jared is bullied around by the Warden and Alice. Jailbot aslo kills many people and Jacknife, the main inmate/criminal, often does unspeakble crimes. In the episode "Ladies Night" when the female "Ultraprison", the female Superjail, crashlands, their is excessive sexual innuendo and activity, also some homosexual prisoners have sexual interactions and some suggestive lines.
Teen, 13 years old Written by150quail November 23, 2013

It's chaotic, disgusting, gruesome, graphic bloodbath violence ruins the definition of comedy. A god awful show like this should be skipped!

Superjail is probably one of the most bloodiest cartoons ever to be shown on TV. Although it may have a ton of chaotic, disturbing, graphic bloodbath violence and some sexual scenes, IT IS A DISGRACE TO COMEDY. This show's humor is based of the chaotic amounts of gore. It's ridiculous and it should be kicked off TV immediately. If you let your kid watch this, then there is something wrong with you. This is a huge warning, don't let your kids watch this. This is not good for them and it will give them nightmares. There is also some gross features in this show too. It's a god awful show and it's a "must skip". It's very random and it's "over the top" violence ruins the definition of comedy. It's you're fan of gore, you'll like this show. But I do not recommend that people should watch this show. Done, period, over.
Teen, 13 years old Written byLu Bu December 1, 2012

I can tolerate this

This show is not that bad, it may be gory, but the characters are ugly, so that is the point, and it does have some funny parts.
Teen, 16 years old Written byPenguinFan July 11, 2011

Like Happy Tree Friends, but not clever or cute

What can I say...blood, blood, some nudity, more blood, and some more blood on top! The characters are all really ugly and none of them have any likeable personality traits, I really hate the Warden especially. Apart from the blood, there is a lot of nudity, a few times you can even catch some bare breasts, although they usually censor nudity with a black bar. This show can be amusing one or two times, like if you've never seen it before it's kind of entertaining, but watching it any more than that is a no-no. Like I say in the title, I would compare it most to Happy Tree Friends, but while that show is amusing, cute and nice to look at, and funny (sometimes not even having to resort to gore for humor!) this show is dark, ugly and just makes me want to change the channel. Maybe if the characters weren't all so nasty and disturbing I would give it another chance but no, it's not happening with me.
Teen, 15 years old Written byHTFMime April 16, 2011

Prepare for extreme violence!

I watched this show last night and it was so violent as hell! I thought I was going to have nightmares forever! At first I thought this show would be great but it was just way too violent especially the part where the warden grab a cat and then rip its skin off! Oh that was so bad to watch! :(
Kid, 10 years old April 15, 2011

Good help me!

I had be flipping the channel and my remote broke it had been late at night so I didn't want to wake up anyone an I was on a channel that had been having Super jail on it I when to sleep ,Thank god, but I watched some of it and it was bad I can't erase it out of my memory and that a bad thing :(
Teen, 15 years old Written byuvkitty September 26, 2010

Very imaginative

Love the show, but too violent for young viewers.
Kid, 9 years old June 4, 2009

Kind of disturbing

This show has ALOT of violence.Parents may want to watch a bit before letting kids watch this
Teen, 13 years old Written byKryssy January 9, 2009

My current obsession

I am now a big fan of Adult Swim, and this show is one of the reasons why! I really love this show, because it reminds me of Happy Tree Friends. And also becuase of it's cute character, The Warden. I do not recomend it for people under the age of 12. By the way, Alice is a female, but she has more male features.
Kid, 12 years old November 27, 2015

Awesome and violent but not as inappropriate as SpongeBob

Blood, gore, homosexuality, and tons of swearing and drugs. Yours, Goatworlds.