All teen and kid member reviews for Switched at Birth

Teen, 13 years old Written bymngirl June 29, 2011

Great Show!

The first episodes were better on Switched At Birth, now its almost become too much about jealously. However, its still a good show and has positive messages and role models. It's good for mature eleven-year-olds. I'm thirteen and I watch it with my mom, younger sister, and sometimes my cousin every time its on. It's overall a good show, but if your under eleven I would recommend watching it with an adult. It's TV-14, but its just good to know your kid before letting them watch it. It's a fun show to watch Tuesday nights at 8/7 central and I would highly recommend this show! The show does get you sucked in and you really want to know what happens. Bay drinks underage, but Regina is trying to always get her out of it. Daphne, and Daphne's real brother, Toby, Bay, and even Wilky at times are my four favorite characters!!! I wish they'd bring Liam back into it. And now I really want to know what is going to happen!
Kid, 11 years old July 12, 2011

Great Show!

I love this show! It has positive messages and when ever a character does something bad they are punished and they learn a lesson. In one episode, there was a lot of talk about sex because Bay (the girl with dark hair) came home at three am after making out with her boyfriend. It is also a great way to learn about deaf culture since some of the characters are deaf.
Kid, 12 years old May 22, 2016

Obsessed

This is an addictive show! I love it so much! This show features deaf people that are actually deaf or hard-of-hearing in real life!This show is very interesting and has family drama! This is a show that I think everyone should watch!
Teen, 13 years old Written bycalmdownandwrite January 15, 2013

Awesome show! :D

Switched at Birth is appropriate for some mature 12 year olds but should be fine for any teen over 13. It depends on the kid and the family. Personally, I think this is an awesome show. But I recommend parents watch it with younger teens. There are a few sexual references/scenes that could possibly make them uncomfortable or just bring up conversation. Other than that, there are some positive messages and role models especially when it comes to the fact that Daphne is deaf. All of the main characters do make mistakes but, unlike some other shows aimed towards teenagers, they learn from them in the end. I think this could bring parents closer to their teens and give them something to talk about and connect with them. Highly recommended. :)
Kid, 11 years old August 19, 2011

The Best

I soooooooooooooooooooooooooo luv this show i watch it every monday best show ever i love it so much. i cant wait for season 2. awesome shoe
Teen, 16 years old Written byMissE1000 June 15, 2011

Highly recomend this show

I really like this show. I never usually watch ABC family, but I liked this show. I think that my only concern would be the amount of drugs. None of the teens use drugs, but Bay had a fake ID and her biological mother is a recovering alcoholic. The way it is handled is very good, because of how Regina tells Bay she never wants her to end up like one and no matter what, she is an alcoholic, it was a mistake, and she can recover from it. On the positive side, Daphne is deaf, and it does open eyes as to what deaf people are really like. Good show .
Teen, 15 years old Written byAhjanae04 June 7, 2016

One of the best shows out there !!!

This is an amazing show, it spreads awareness of deaf culture and shows how familial bonds remain strong even if there is a huge change!!!
Teen, 14 years old Written bySoftballlover June 11, 2011

Switched at Birth is a great show!

I thought this show was going to be really bad. But it ended up being a really wonderful show to watch! I love it!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byAlyaa_M July 29, 2016

Awesome

It's a great tv show that spreads a great message . When any character does something wrong and goes through a hard time the consequences are realistic and are not sugar coated, which I love about switched at birth. It's not a typical drama tv show but its awesome.
Teen, 14 years old Written byshriyxn April 19, 2016
Teen, 13 years old Written bydaizythacker March 23, 2013

cool

i love it
Teen, 13 years old Written byStoddert December 26, 2011

Great Show!

I love this show. There is so much to learn about the deaf community. It portrays deaf and hard of hearing people like real people. Switched at Birth begins it's winter season Tuesday January 3, 2012 at 8:00 PM
Teen, 14 years old Written bylillian1997 August 10, 2011

Boring...

First few episodes were okay. Now they are boring. The Nine Lives of Chloe King on Tuesdays 9/8c are way better and I recommed watching The Nine Lives of Chloe King before Switched at Birth.
Teen, 16 years old Written bylalaland503 June 20, 2011

AWESOME SHOW!

I LOVE this show and it is awesome it talks about real life situations and how it is hard dealing with money.It has good role models and i really love it and you should to.
Kid, 10 years old June 17, 2011

understand.

i love this show its so exciting and it tells a story nothing bad about it except bay does things like get a piercing and try to smoke but her mom stops her and it shows smoking is bad i highly love the show and i think ten year olds can see it if they understand.
Teen, 13 years old Written byAlexonehundered February 4, 2017
Teen, 13 years old Written bykayla.anjolie February 3, 2017

Great

This show is great parents are so indesightful and so stuck up that all they see is the bad. Started watching this show when i was 8 now im 14 and im watching it again!
Teen, 15 years old Written bygratem05 January 9, 2017

Great show-will inspire/change how you look at people w/ disabilities

Switched @ Birth is a very good show, I highly recommend it. It takes a while to get good, with the first few episodes being tedious, boring, and all out frustrating. It's annoying having to deal with both parents at first, but with time, you will soon enjoy it. This show inspired me to learn ASL because of all the strong deaf role models. All the characters are affected and changed for the better from ASL and it's wonderful to see how the language has changed all of there lives. With time, they all stick up and fight for Daphne and her deaf friends, and watching ASL connect both of these families is breathtaking. Nothing super inappropriate about this show, but some adult themes are dealt with. Financial issues, marrige/relationship/family issues, crime, lying, rape, etc. The main reason I rate this 15 and up and not 14 is because the two main girls, Bay and Daphne, seem to always be dating someone, they are never just single and it seems like they are giving off the message that you need a boy in your life which I feel is very untrue, and some of the boys these girls date are boys they barely know, and for some reason, that just doesn't sit right with me. But overall very little to no sex scenes and an amazing show.
Teen, 13 years old Written byFashionistagirl_22 October 2, 2016

mature Tween and teen

good drama I love it great plot
Teen, 14 years old Written byDisneyGirl01 August 14, 2016

Great Representation of the Deaf Community

Okay, to everyone who thinks this is a bad show because of what teenagers do (drinking, cussing, sex) it's not. Sadly this is what teens do these days, and we can't stop it. Look aside all the truths you wish were lies. It represents the Deaf Community as equals even though at the beginning Daphnes'( the Deaf girl) bio parents don't understand how she can do some things. They learn to accept that even though she is Deaf it doesn't mean they need help with everything. Daphne goes on to UMKC for a great program even though it's hard at times. All in all this is an amazing show with great messages and teaches you a little sign language along the way.