Parent reviews for Ted Lasso

Ted Lasso Poster Image

Not for puritan sensibilities

People seem to be having issues with the language and the fact that the adults in the show seem to be having healthy and normal sex lives. Ted Lasso has amazing messaging and role models for children in particular. "Oh no adults have sex lives" is a weird stance to take in light of things like The Mandalorian rating much younger despite crazy amounts of violence, torture and death happening in each episode.

2 people found this helpful.

Beware

Heard this was a funny family show. My 12-year old loves soccer and I thought it would be fun to watch with her. The warning for Episode 1 was "Language". That's an understatement. Way too much use of the f-word. The worst part was one character saying of another, "I'd like to f... him in the ass with a splintered bat over and over and over." That isn't "language" that is sexual assault and rape. Absolutely not funny and just not necessary.

2 people found this helpful.

So great but so gross

My husband and I started watching this and LOVED it. However, I had my reservations about the abundant sexual content from the start but decided to try to look past it, but it got to the point that it’s just excessive and disgusting. They throw out things like “yeah, their puppet routine is great, but I just want to see them f***,” scenes of a guy waking up between two women, and much more for NO reason. It doesn’t add to the plot (not that it would be a good one if it did). It’s gratuitous, unnecessary, and frankly so irritating because it ruined the show for our household. I’m pretty conservative, but it just couldn’t be overlooked, and I wish I had read a review like this before watching and loving the show otherwise but ultimately having to turn it off for good.

1 person found this helpful.

Intolerant of people of faith

While full of funny onliners this fast-paced farcical series makes frequent snide comments about people of faith, consistently mocking them, questioning their practices, or misrepresenting their rituals and portraying these as superstitious nonsense. Ultimately this is an insidious form of hypocritical intolerance. Its portrayal of casual sex as something natural and "fun" is potentially harmful to younger kids who might see these characters as role models.

For older teens

Awesome

Great show! Funny for all and good messages

Fantastic show, not for kids.

First, this is not a show for kids. Sex, drinking and language. It's an adult tv show. It is aptly rated TV-MA by Apple TV. That said, my husband and I love this show. Top 10 shows ever in our opinion. Extremely well written and acted.

Ted Lasso is a really great show my son 14 and daughter 12 watched it and the only bad part about it is the language which they are familiar with and already know not to use it.

Excellent show, too inappropriate

I love the show. The story is great, the characters are great, it’s funny, it’s heartwarming, it’s relatable. BUT the amount of cursing and the amount of sexual comments and content has sadly ruined it for me. I definitely don’t think young teens should be watching it.

The swearing!!!

I think the show is great. It's often genuinely heartwarming and old-fashioned in many ways. (For me, old-fashioned is generally a good thing.) It's very funny. But the constant f-word (and plenty of other words and crude language, none of it said by Ted Lasso himself, stops it from being what it could have been: excellent family entertainment.