Kid reviews for Ted Lasso

Ted Lasso Poster Image

In my opinion this series may be one of the best out there. It is sooo unique. It has a lot of positive role models and life lessons that kids can benefit from. I watched this by myself and I think it really affected me positively, my mindset became more like Ted Lasso. The reason this may be a little risky to watch with young kids is that it has a lot of swearing and I mean A LOT. But children already know what swear are and are taught not to use them so they should be fine. Ted Lasso talks so much about family and teamwork without boring you about it.

1 person found this helpful.

Common Sense Media's review for this brilliant show is accurate for season 1, not so much for season 2!

SPOILER WARNING! What an awesome show! I'm not really a big fan of comedies, but 'Ted Lasso' is so wholesome, heartwarming, and positive that I can't NOT love it. The characters are well-written, believable, and very entertaining, and the show is full of great messages and positive role models for teens and older kids whose parents can put up with the more "mature" moments. The show is good from the start, but it definitely gets better as it goes on, and the second half of the first season is especially brilliant. Season two's episodes are longer and have a more serious feel to them but are still very good. The acting is great, and the show has a perfect balance of seriousness and humour. While certain scenes might not be the most appropriate for families with kids and teens, the lovely, positive moments of the show are more memorable than the "inappropriate" moments, and the goodness of the show really stands out. One BIG thing that I have to mention is that Common Sense Media seemed to only review the first season, and the second season is definitely less family-friendly than the first. My parents love the show too. My mom says that the show makes her want to be a better person, and I absolutely get what she means. Ted Lasso really does inspire the audience to be the best versions of themselves :) Before you start watching with your teens/older kids, here are some things you might want be aware of: VIOLENCE, SCARINESS, AND DISTURBING SCENES (3/10): In the first episode of the second season, a dog is killed after being hit in the head by a soccer ball. You see a character kick the ball, and you see the ball flying toward the dog, but you don't actually see the ball hit the dog. You hear the the ball hit the dog's head and hear the dog yelp. The dog was only introduced in that episode, but it's still sad. In the second season, a character is hit by a car and gets a concussion. Not a very graphic scene, but a little shocking. You learn that Ted's father killed himself when Ted was sixteen. Ted tells his therapist about it, but the actual event is not described in a lot of detail. An adult character's father dies (off screen). The characters go to his funeral. A character punches another character. Many characters are unkind to each other. Characters talk about doing violent things to people a few times. LANGUAGE (9/10)- The swearing is so constant that you'll probably stop noticing it after a couple of episodes (I really don't like swearing, and even I stopped noticing it!). Basically every swear word that exists is used at some point in this series, but it's usually just characters swearing randomly in conversation or swearing because they're frustrated rather than characters insulting each other. SEX (6/10)- If I mentioned every single scene, I'd be writing all day, but here's a quick overview: Characters talk about sex frequently. A female character is seen naked from the waist up in the season one, episode one. Implied sex in season 1, a couple of times but not graphic and no nudity, though still may be uncomfortable to watch. Characters kiss. Non-graphic sex scene in season 2. !!!!!Watch out for the all of season 2, episode 2, and if you're watching with kids or teens, preview this episode first!!!!!!! Many characters kiss in season 2. A couple is seen lying in a bed together, implied nudity but nothing offensive is shown. Lots of jokes about sex. DRINKING AND SMOKING (4/10)- Characters are seen drinking frequently, but it's rare when a character actually seems drunk. WHAT AGE CAN A KID WATCH IT? I found it super hard to choose an age rating for this, because I was uncomfortable a couple of times while watching it, but never so uncomfortable that I felt like awkwardly getting up and leaving. A part of me wanted to rate it 16+, but this really is a good show for anyone who is over 13 or 14 because of the great story and positive messages and role models. TOO AWKWARD TO WATCH WITH YOUR PARENTS? I give it a 6/10 for awkwardness. There are a few uncomfortable scenes, but in general I didn't feel like this was too awkward a show to watch with my parents. In conclusion, Ted Lasso is an awesome show that is a good choice for teenagers.

1 person found this helpful.

good

great

Feel good show

awesome feel good comedy, some bad language but when you go to high school this is nothing.

Amazing TV show

Amazing TV show just lots of swearing and some sex/masturbation scenes. Although over all it has great messages, likeable characters and inspiring role models. A very heartfelt tv show, tears were shed while watching this. Some of those tears were sad tears, some happy tears and some tears from laughing so hard.

Great characters and just so fun to watch

If you can get past the language and a little other stuff I think this show is amazing. I would even say it has some good role models too. I love the characters so much and this show is just so funny. I would definitely recommend but probably for 13 and up. All of the acting is incredible, especially from Jason Sudeikis. It has some heart-warming moments, and some great drama as well. I have always been interested in film making and this show is very cinematic and well written. I love this show a lot and can’t wait for new seasons to come.

Growth Mindset

This review is a parental review (on our daughter's CSM account) Our family LOVES this show! It is witty and funny, poignant and heartwarming. Throughout the series the characters grow and develop as a result of Ted Lasso's example. All of the characters are human and are nuanced--they and have both admirable and challenging qualities. They hold each other accountable and help each other grow and become their best selves. I would recommend watching it together as a family, as there are many scenes that provide opportunities for discussion and values clarification. Lots of swearing, but my daughter says its no worse than what she hears in the hallways at her middle school. There a few scenes with sexual references. We have watched the whole series together several times and can't wait for season 3!

LOVED IT!!!!

A lot of use of words such as F... and S... there are is also a lot about sex but great message and awesome role models and its impossible not to love ted! this is a great one to watch with the family and should be fine for tween/teens