Kid reviews for That '70s Show

Edgy sitcom keeps the '70s alive for older teens.

Teen, 14 years old Written byYuvaldanon October 5, 2018

I love it!

This series is awesome! It's THE funniest ever!! I'm 14, and I think it's just for my age..

Teen, 15 years old Written bybubblegum_girl May 1, 2018

Awesome show!

This is one of my absolute favourite TV shows ever! Each episode always makes me actually laugh out loud. The kids do smoke pot (they don't show it directly but it's heavily implied), have sex (again, not shown but really implied), drink underage, and make a lot of jokes about sex and things like that. But I think that those things are what makes the show so believably 70s and kind of relatable for teens (not that all teens can relate to things like that, just that it makes it seem so much realer). Since it is a comedy, it doesn't really take things like teen pregnancy and other more serious issues super seriously, but it does at least get a bit more serious than usual. This show is very light and funny, and is the perfect show for a good laugh. It's also a nice break from all of those teen dramas. Also it's on Netflix!
Teens should be fine watching this, it's no worse than most things talked about at school. It seems a bit ridiculous all of the parents recommending no teens at all watch this, because teens are going to know not to do everything they see on TV, and that doing things like pot or sex are not a good idea. Parents, trust your teens a bit! Although I understand where they're coming from, this show gets a bit risky at times, I think that 17+ is a bit extreme. 13+ is more reasonable, but it all depends on maturity I guess. :)
Teen, 13 years old Written byhome1223 December 1, 2011

PARENTS CHILL OUT!!!!!

Hilarious one of the the best shows ever although there is sex talk, bad words and POT the biggie it is no big deal I am 13 years old I love the show but some parents think it is a bad influence but just because you watch it does not mean kids would actually do that.
Teen, 14 years old Written byThat70sshowgirl October 5, 2019

My favorite show as you can tell by my username!!

I completely love this show!!! It is extremely funny. The only bad stuff about it is that there is a lot of sex talk and a little bit of making out. Never shows anything bad. There is some languages but nothing like the f word. There’s also smoking and drugs but it doesn’t get really bad. You need to be a little mature to watch it and understand the jokes but I say that 14+ is good enough! Watch it rn if u want some good entertainment.

Teen, 13 years old Written byMovie review.com September 24, 2019

One of the best sitcoms

I love this TV show I've seen all 8 seasons.
It isn't that bad only a few sex references
Teen, 15 years old Written byYeesyees12345 July 23, 2019

just for the laugh!

yes it has implied sex, sexual jokes, pot and alcohol BUT none of it is shown in a mature and confronting way. it’s shown in a humorous way that most teenagers would enjoy. most teenagers (even if they say otherwise) joke about sex and swear with their friends all the time! even if they personally don’t i can guarantee you at least one of their friends does. it’s nothing they wouldn’t see at school or while they’re out. most teenagers are very curious. shielding your child from these things, especially a light hearted show, will make them want to do it more. i think it’s appropriate for age 12 and up but that’s still a little young to fully understand the humour. every parent has a different way of parenting and since im only a teenager i have no right to judge you but you should give it a go! see if they like it and if it’s too much then turn the tv off.
Teen, 14 years old Written bybingewatch June 29, 2019

edgy, funny and retro

I love this show, but I would never watch it with my parents. That would be too embarrassing. There is too much talk about sex, relationships, alcohol, drugs (they smoke a lot of weed) and some swearing (son of a bitch, hell, damn, bitch, slut). It’s funny and loving but the show is about teens in the 70s, so I think the teens, 14+, should probably watch this alone.

Teen, 13 years old Written bykks1210 June 20, 2019

SO FUNNY!!

That 70s Show is a great show for teens. there is a lot of sex talk and they say they are doing it but you dont see a lot of it at all. all the kids try and sneak beer and drink beer regularly they also sit in a circle where smoke is behind them showing that they smoke pot which they do regularly. Red does cuss with dumba** as his most used phrase. i love the show and like how its just about 7 kids getting through life together.

Teen, 13 years old Written byMovieGurl18 June 15, 2019

Stop being overprotective

I am almost 14 and really like this show. But it depends on the maturity and parenting of the kid and not so much the age. In the show the main characters smoke a lot ok pot which is never actually shown but heavily implied and the talk and have sex often which is also never shown but heavily implied, there is an amount of swearing usually remaining within the shit and ass type words and never really going beyond bastard or prick. I’d say most teenagers over 13 would really like the show and find it hilarious but again it depends on the kid. If your a worried parent watch the show first or with your kid but I hate to break it to you almost all teenagers will understand the jokes, references etc in the show and find them very jokes, references etc in the show weather their parents think they will or not. So yeah depends on the kid and the parents.

Teen, 13 years old Written bytruthexposer1306 April 1, 2019

One of the Best Comedy Shows I've Ever Watched!

Teen, 17 years old Written byimtheonlyone September 14, 2018

just watch it

probably one of the best tv shows going, extremely funny and smart. a group of misfits of 'pot heads' relates with most of teenagers even today. each character brings a new element of comedy to the show which is based in Forman's basement. from paranoid pot head Hyde to "kettle head" kelso it is just a brilliant tv show with big name stars like Ashton Kutcher, Mila Kunis and Topher Grace. each season is well writtten and dusted with comedy even season 8 is brilliant after Ashton and Topher left the show. Unless you uptight ;) you will love this show.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMovies16 June 17, 2018

Amazing show MUST WHATCH !

Really good but there is a lot of mature ideas.
Teen, 13 years old Written bylennonsbabe_ April 15, 2018

One of my favourite sitcoms growing up

I was about eleven when i started watching this show, and as I had a liking for the decades of the past, I was hooked. The characters are super funny and likable, Red is my alter-ego, the writing is good and; most importantly; it makes you feel really goddamn happy.
Good to watch with family. The main characters do smoke pot often, though I do not consider the scenes to be too harmful though.

Kid, 12 years old January 4, 2018

For mature 11+12 year olds or 13+

This is a really good show but it does have some mature things. The kids can be seen in clouds of pot smoke and in one episode they admit to smoking it. The characters are very sexually active, though it never shows anything.
It is very comedic and ridiculous and is a must see for kids who are able to handle this slightly mature material.

Teen, 16 years old Written byskm12 December 14, 2017

depends

personally it depends on the child and how theyre raised. If theyre sheletered of course dont let this be the first show they watch but like so many middle school boys would understand the references unlike some girls who choose not to pay attention

Kid, 12 years old October 24, 2017

One of my favorite shows.

Many parents may be hesitant to let their kids watch this show because of the marijuana use, and that is completely understandable. There is almost a scene every episode where the characters smoke. But no marijuana is ever shown, and if you have a responsible child then they won't be "inspired" to smoke weed because of a TV show. This is a great show. The cast is amazing and it's just a fun show in general.

Teen, 15 years old Written byAgirl March 5, 2017

Honest Review

I didn't expect he show to be very entertaining at first but I was probably wrong. Pros:-
1) It's got a great cast
2) it has short episodes
3) it's got witty jokes and insults
4) it's basically entertaining for when ur bored of watching serious drama shows and wanna watch something more light.
5) it has one of the best couples in television.
Cons:-
1) The story gets quite crappy in the 7th and 8th season.
2) Ur heart is gonna break in the end if u ship Jackie and Hyde so don't watch half of season 7 and full season 8.
3) As it's not a serious show, it doesn't take topics like pregnancy or drugs very seriously.
4) U might get a strong urge to hit the guys sometimes cuz they're quite sexist sometimes.
Parental guide:-
1) it has implied sex and a lot of kissing
2) Some things like son of a bitch, dumbass are said. Stronger words are rarely used and are bleeped out.
3) They don't show drugs but it's implied that they are doing drugs.
4) The kids drink alcohol
5) One of the couples (SPOILER) wants to get married at a young age and they decide to move away. (Not really a very bad thing)
6) Education isn't given a lot of importance as the characters don't take college or high school seriously . (but it's a comedy so..)

Please don't watch season 8 if u dont wanna be scarred for life. Almost every show gets boring after a few seasons (e.g. Pretty Little Liars) but overall I think it's fine cause you'll get quite a bit of laughs.

Teen, 13 years old Written byjanaperusheska January 12, 2017
show loses its quality slowly from season 6. season 8 is pretty bad. yes, they do regularly smoke pot and drink beer but come on, thats really not that bad. i do think that brooke getting knocked up was treated way too lightly but its good that michael got serious (kind of?) and was there for his daughter. if you're sensitive about sex and drugs, its probably not a good fit. there arent really any good role models but its fucking hilarious.

Teen, 13 years old Written bySebastian Zak December 18, 2016

Teen, 13 years old Written byhzellelew March 31, 2016

WOOHOO!

This is seriously at the top of my 'favorite tv comedy series' list! Sure, there is MILD sex, alcohol, and drugs references/scenes , but that is kind of what makes the show a little relatable to the older teen viewers! Honestly, these componentsare what make the show so good and interesting. You don't ever really know what might happen (or come out of Fez's mouth lol) next! And some people might not think there is a good message, but at the end of the day their theme is to live life to the fullest, have adventures, and just overall have fun! And it never gets too inappropriate, to the point where you are safer not watching. They know their limit which I personally think satisfies the audience. Again, I love this show and I recommend this for people who would love to have a laugh!