All teen and kid member reviews for That '70s Show

Teen, 13 years old Written bycsd313 January 13, 2011

Great show to watch... if your kids are mature!

This has been my favorite show since I was 11. I was mature at 11, too. I knew what sex was, as well as drugs, and that they are both bad for teenagers and children (and that drugs were bad no matter what). If you have mature kids, this show will be fine for them.
Teen, 13 years old Written byhome1223 December 1, 2011

PARENTS CHILL OUT!!!!!

Hilarious one of the the best shows ever although there is sex talk, bad words and POT the biggie it is no big deal I am 13 years old I love the show but some parents think it is a bad influence but just because you watch it does not mean kids would actually do that.
Teen, 14 years old Written byDuckCommander13 September 26, 2014

Hangin Out

This is one of the funniest shows ever and I love it. Not much worse than a PG-13 movie. Some sexual references, language, and drinking but not too bad. Also they smoke Marijuana but it's not shown
Teen, 13 years old Written byhzellelew March 31, 2016

WOOHOO!

This is seriously at the top of my 'favorite tv comedy series' list! Sure, there is MILD sex, alcohol, and drugs references/scenes , but that is kind of what makes the show a little relatable to the older teen viewers! Honestly, these componentsare what make the show so good and interesting. You don't ever really know what might happen (or come out of Fez's mouth lol) next! And some people might not think there is a good message, but at the end of the day their theme is to live life to the fullest, have adventures, and just overall have fun! And it never gets too inappropriate, to the point where you are safer not watching. They know their limit which I personally think satisfies the audience. Again, I love this show and I recommend this for people who would love to have a laugh!
Kid, 11 years old December 28, 2015

15+ Are you kidding me?!

I watched all episodes of this show just a couple weeks ago and there are definitely tons of sexual references such as "doing it, nailing, did it, done it, ex." But nothing worse then your kid is gonna hear in middle school probably even worse stuff then that. Almost every episode involves red saying "my foot up your ass" which is ment to be funny, there is cursing throughout the show mostly the words "whore, slut, bitch and ass" mostly aimed at Jackie who is supposed to be a spoiled rich girl in the show. No violence or gore. Hyde, Kelso Eric and fez are usually in a circle with smoke around it which is a reference to pot even though they never show drugs it is heavily implied, red is constantly shown drinking beer and there is underage drinking in the show. The later seasons like 7 and 8 get more realistic then funny with (SPOILERS) Eric going to Africa and leaving Donna and Kelso moving to Chicago it can be sad but in the finale Eric and Donna get back together and kiss. I think I mabye should have been a tad bit old to watch this but 15+ is insane I think 12+.
Teen, 15 years old Written byilovemaroon5 July 17, 2015

For High School

This show is filled with witty jokes, some reoccurring and some new. The characters are all unique and live their lives the way they want to. Lots of sexual references and talk about having sex or hoping to lose ones virginity. It is not the utmost example in that respect but they present it in a humorous way. They smoke weed and drink on occasion. They exaggerate the seventies a little bit, but the clothing and housing and some situations are very similar to how my parents grew up in the 70s. Some good examples of standing up for yourself and fixing or recognizing that mistakes were made and needing to be resolved. It also got my friends into classic rock groups such as Led Zeppelin and Aerosmith, which was nice :). All in all a good show to watch in the transition between watching TV-MA and TV-14.
Teen, 13 years old Written byEmily.Gymnast July 1, 2015

Hilarious!!!

I love this show!
Kid, 9 years old July 2, 2014
Awesome show. I started watching it when I was eight. Didn't mind it was TV-14 but it is really cool when it has to do with guitars
Teen, 14 years old Written byCWG1 April 13, 2014

One of the funniest sitcoms ever!

Only once in a while do I see sitcoms that I really enjoy, and this is one of those. Although it does feature some content not good for young kids. There are a lot of implications and references to sex, drugs, and other things of the sort that younger kids may not pick up on due to the fact that none of it's ever really onscreen and how the references aren't to easy for the young ones to pick up on. There is some language but nothing horrible. I would say 12 and up, and if you have a mature 11 year old that's fine. Suggested MPAA PG-13: Drug and Sexual Content including References, and Some Language
Teen, 17 years old Written byTheTrillonaire September 21, 2013

OK for kids 14+

Teen, 13 years old Written byTheBombFunn July 31, 2013

Very funny for tweens - if you're mature enough

I love this show! I watch it a lot alright, and I just can never stop watching it. Okay seriously, 15? Face it, you can't keep us in a bubble forever.
Teen, 14 years old Written byjalo48 July 19, 2013

Already Heard 99% of it They Will Understand it.

i first watch this with a friend of mine when i was 12 i enjoyed the show and understood most of what was going on(remember this was my first time watching the show) as i watch more and more episodes of the show i understood 99% of what went on by the time kids reach 12 years old they know what is going on what alcohol is and what "doing it" means(this is frequently mention in the show) these kids have also heard all the language they use(probably more) in their school so let them watch it its a great series for those who love comedy and teen high school life
Teen, 14 years old Written byThat-70's-Show-Lover July 11, 2013

iffy show

it's a really funny show but it's a little iffy they talk about sex a lot and theres only a little language they say bad words but not very bad words
Teen, 13 years old Written bySuddenImpact January 4, 2013

Love It!

This is an awesome show! I love it. It's one of my favorite shows. It has some material inappropriate for younger audiences, but it isn't as bad as some other shows on TV these days. It's groovy, very groooooovy!!!!!
Kid, 11 years old June 13, 2012

back to the 70s

i think you should at least be around 10-11 to watch it. Honstely i dont agree with common sense to think you have to be 15. The sexual content is not explict and there is not a huge amount of cursing. Though the drugs is bad. in every episode eric and his gang are smoking pot in the basement. it is a very funny show with some innaproprate materal
Teen, 15 years old Written byThe Review Guy March 17, 2012

Funny,but edgy Sitcom keeps the '70's alive.

Parents need to know that this sitcom is geared towards teens and adults,not young kids.There's sexual humor,crass language and drug use in every episode.There are some lighthearted messages here,but it'll be hard to find. Messages:Negative 0/5 There are some lighthearted messages about the importance of friends and family,it also looks into how pot smoking and teen sex should be a regular thing. Role Models:Negative 2/5 Most of the characters here used Stereotypically,but at times they do have a good heart,but they also behave badly at times,mostly the teens. Violence:1/5 Slapstick Violence at times Sex:3/5 Characters talk about sex a lot,by using the term "doing it.",and although nothing is actually shown,it's much alluded to,during one season Eric and Donna have sex alot,Kelso is very sexually Active.Adults also use sexual banter and talk about role playing. Language:3/5 Frequent crass language includes repeated uses of "a**"(mostly heard from Red.),other language includes "d*mn","b*tch","dink","tease" and"h*ll". Consumerism:0/5 Not an issue Drinking,Drugs and Smoking:4/5 Pot Smoking plays a big role as teens are shown in the basement with mysteryous clouds,Pot is also used for humor,one episode adults/parents accidentally eat "special" brownies.Some Teen Drinking,sometimes to drunkness,Red likes to drink beer. Is it any good:There's a reason why this show is very appealing to older audiences,it's clever,funny and is set in the '70s.The jokes at times are pretty silly,but there also flat out funny at times.Storylines can get pretty creative,the first four seasons are moslty about teen-related issues,but then once the final seasons come in,the teens soon start adulthood,and others soon start off they're careers and leave the series.It's nice for the once rebel group to grow up and start they're life,but it also leave's viewers questioned on what happens on the final episode(It would have been nice to have a That '80s show.).Questions like,What happenned to Kelso and his child,How Eric will be as a teacher,and if Jackie and Fez will ever be a couple. The best thing about this show is it's terrific cast,they fit perfectly with they're Stereotypical roles,and even show heart at times.Guest Actors like Lisa Robin Kelly as Eric's Risque sister Laurie,and Tommy Chong as the happy,but clueless Leo help round out the cast.That '70s Show may not appeal to younger audiences,but teens and adults will surely love it. My TV Rating:TV-14 DLS
Kid, 12 years old February 27, 2012

Good show not for kids

This show is not for kids because the teens are smoking pot(marijuna) in the Basement.In one episode Red comes down stairs and Catches them smoking in the basment.Also,the language is not good for kids because sometimes the characters say B*** A*** D***. Also sexual behavior because sometimes they talk about loosing their virginity.They also "do it" alot.Refrences of the drugs "stash,stuf".The worst this show is rated is {TV-14 LDS}
Teen, 14 years old Written bystringcheese36 February 7, 2012

11+

Note: The 15 and above thing makes no sense. Anyone who can handle some talking about sex and some cussing will love this show. I watched it since I was 11 and still do :). Depending on how mature you or your child are though, it's your decision.
Kid, 11 years old February 2, 2012

that 70s show

its a really funny series watch it every saturday some inappropiate things and comments i give it 11 and older
Teen, 15 years old Written bybaesean January 31, 2012

Odd

I have to agree with Three Days Grace. That is an obnoxious review of this show.