Parent and Kid Reviews on

Based on 10 parent reviews

Sort by:

FLINTSTONES MEET THE FLINTSTONES

It´s Sonic!

With the Sonic 2020 movie hype over let´s got back to 90s to watch Sonic. Lots of action and, consumerim and some out of context like in other classic Sonic cartoons that´s not here on Common Sense. Best to watch on an used VHS with your family on a boring day with chili dogs. In this version you get Sonic Sez that was the youths memes for the young crowd long before Youtube memes.

Sonic's cartoon is a classic hit, but very young children are better of playing the games

Parents need to know that although this is a cartoon, based on Sega's long-running mascot, younger children are better off playing the video games. Sonic is the main protagonist and teaches kids life lessons, but he isn't the best role model. He consumes chili dogs and runs endlessly to escape his adversary, who is trying to kill him. Robotnik can be a bully to his henchmen, Scratch and Grounder, sometimes.

We Need More Shows Like This!

I L-O-V-E Sonic the Hedgehog, but what I really like about this show is the "Sonic Says" segment at the end, where he teaches lessons about sharing, peer pressure, water safety, etc. There's some cartoon violence, but everyone turns out OK.

Not really child appropriate at all

If you wish to see your children fighting or running around trying to be fast at the same time then go for it. Stuff like this sinks straight into their brains, only lesson I learned through here so far is protect your friends and destroy your enemies! How to be a villain and torment animals lol! But seriously anyone with a decency would not allow a little child to watch this especially if they don't understand the concept of the show.

Sonic Boom is NOT like the Adam West Batman Show!

I don't know why people today are saying Sonic Boom is better, when really AOSTH had a better example of putting story first ahead of marketing. It may be based on the first two games Sonic 1 & 2, but for what it is, it definitely did something that had a following: It had a DVD release from SHOUT! Factory, it was part of the YouTube Poop community, and the voices might as well be used for a source on what Sonic, Tails, and Dr. Ivo "Eggman" Robotnik should sound like. Doug Walker, the Nostalgia Critic himself, admitted that he liked Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog, despite already doing the review saying that he hated it (in reality, he didn't). He also goes far into saying that the cartoon is similar to that of the Adam West Batman Show... and that's understandable; it had Main Protagonists trying to pit against the Main Antagonist(s), gives us some internal views on the characters, it shows us what the world is like, it has continuity (meaning that people have to look back into where these characters came from), the situations can be very intense, and there can be some good morals for the kids every once in a while. However, Bill Freiberger, the Executive Producer of Sonic Boom, tries to convince people that Sonic Boom is like the Adam West Batman Show; but it's not, because it doesn't develop it's own world as it relies too much on NEGATIVE continuity, relies on external logic than internal logic, the stories have a lot of bad filler than good filler, and the characters in Sonic Boom are more harsh than the characters in Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog. I work with my friend Alex Cayford of Fandom Arson, and I see three examples of Sonic Boom's biggest offenses: "Late Fees", "Don't Judge Me", and "It Takes a Village to Catch a Hedgehog". "Late Fees" had Sonic stand around with the most boring things going around, with no action whatsoever, and he didn't take his Library Book return thing seriously (watch Roger Van Der Weide's "Sonic Boom Rogerified" on a better version of that episode). "Don't Judge Me" was a horrible version of Spongebob's "Krabs vs. Plankton", and how biased the Sonic Boom episode was on trying to make Eggman win, but it felt very predictable on the last two minutes, yet painful to wait (see our review of that episode, called "DeeP DiSH reviews Don't Judge Me (Sonic Boom)"). "It Takes a Village to Catch a Hedgehog" made Eggman into a fanboy rather than a serious genius, when Shadow showed up, and pulled the most asinine phrase he would ever say "Shadow is only the second most popular character in the whole canon". Why can't Eggman just say "Shadow is the most threatening person in Bygone Island"? And to make matters worse, Eggman cost Shadow's win against Sonic... with a #SELFIE! How pathetic can SEGA get!?! It seems as though Sonic Boom has just become outdated from the start with these episodes... I expected a comedy adventure like Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog... but I guess you just can't beat the classics. AOSTH is the better Sonic Cartoon.

Good for some kids.

This is a cute show, but there is more violence than parents of young kids would like to see. Nothing too bad, but the characters are constantly getting hurt, without any real effects of being hurt. This is not a show I would want my daughter watching at a young age, as the characters are constantly name calling and using violence. It does have positive messages throughout the show, but I'd rather my daughter receive positive message without the negative messages as well.

Perfect Youtube Poop material

This may not be a particularly great show in terms of writing or even animations for that matter, but the writing is so unintentionally hilarious, you can't help liking it to some degree. And besides, who can forget those public service announcements? Sonic: Kids, there's nothing more cool than being hugged by someone ya like, but when someone tries to touch you in a place or in a way that makes you feel uncomfortable, that's no good! Rock on, Sonic!

Perfect show!

It's good! Educational value! Watch the videos on youtube with the Sonic SEZ segment!

Great for Young Kids and the likes

I use to watch this when i was little i didn't fine any of the stuff bad its just a cartoon jeez kids will hear lots more bad stuff then just "brat" Over all great silly cartoon