All parent member reviews for The Adventures of Young Indiana Jones

Parent of a 11 year old Written bycdandeneau December 3, 2009
I absolutely LOVE the series!!! What better way to begin a discussion about history with boys. My 7 and 10 year old love it. Of course, we watch it with them and skip any scenes that seem too violent (there are a few war scenes), just like we did with the Indiana Jones Movies. The Mata Hari one is not appropriate but the rest are fabulous! I had no idea they existed until a month ago. Why is that?!!!
Adult Written byPeguin April 9, 2008
Adult Written byVoiceofthekids April 9, 2008

it reaked

The story is ok, but I laugh at the poor soul who came up with this...kid indiana jones thing! You cant turn indiana jones into a tv series! its just not right! booooo! booo! hiss boooo!
Parent Written byMixyplixl May 19, 2014

Very disappointing: has none of the fun of Indiana Jones, plus scary stuff

We watched a few episodes based on the review here - such graphic content, my child couldn't sleep... a gruesome death in a mummy's tomb in one, and an African hunting safari with animals being shot, killed and preserved in another. To top it off, the stories were terrible, preachy, and no action. If you are looking for great family action watching, check out TinTin - both the cartoons and the film, available on Netflix streaming.
Parent of a 10 and 10 year old Written byaliric September 24, 2013

Excellent educational conversation starter but be ready to talk about more than history!

My 10 year olds love this! It is a fun way to introduce history and historical figures. After the show we look up the "characters" and learn more about them. Picasso, Tolstoy, Roosevelt, and many more! The settings are beautiful and we love to travel with Indy to all the different countries and talk about them. It's produced by George Lucas and has enough action and humor to keep it entertaining. It does seem a little dated in that mature themes are introduced that would never be in children's programming today. For example, in the episode about Puccini, he flirts outrageously with Indy's mother while the husband is away and she is so flattered that she questions her marriage and almost runs off with him! Luckily my kids didn't take it too seriously. Will keep you updated after we watch the rest of this series on Netflix!
Parent of a 1 and 6 year old Written byHOLLYWOODHILLSMOM August 16, 2009

For 8+, beware of language, including N word.

Volume 3 is terrific, however there are WWI battle scenes with lots of battle bloodshed. Disc 4 at the Treaty of Versailles is difficult for an under 8 year old to understand. Also disc 4 uses the "N" word in an encounter with Indy's friend Paul Robeson. I was not prepared for my son to hear this word.
Parent of a 7 year old Written by6hughes October 3, 2010
Received as a gift for our 7 year old, too many violent scenes, child watches as mom chooses another man other than his dad, kissing. Lots of shooting, killing, execution style killing, historical but too much for our kids, including a five year old.