Parent reviews for The Almighty Johnsons

Imported supernatural soap has sex, drinking, a light tone.

Based on 1 review
Adult Written byChristin C. June 7, 2018

Great plot, VERY inappropriate

I really enjoyed this show, it had a great plot. However, they use the f-bomb every other word and have VERY explicit sex scenes. There are scenes where only the pubic area is covered because of their position. It gets pretty bad. Little to no violence. Basically no good role models and one character is constantly high on something. Not for children.

Adult Written bySadman April 7, 2016

More sex than main review suggests

CSM clearly reviewed the Syfy version not the version available on DVD and I assume Netflix. This series is loaded with sex scenes and uncensored nudity. Obviously families have different tolerances to such things but the "sex gauge" on the review should be 4 dots, not 2, perhaps even 5 so people know what they're getting into. The DVD box itself gives the impression this is basically a variant of Buffy. In some respects it is, if Buffy were crossbred with Skins. If you're OK with your kids watching the sexually explicit Skins (UK version) then have at 'er.

Adult Written byelders May 12, 2015

Lots of nudity

We watched 5 minutes and turned it off. Bare breasts and nude rear ends. Definitely not blurred. This is uncensored and not for family viewing.

Parent of a 11-year-old Written bySporin November 7, 2014

General aggeement with basic review but...

I was excited to see this was on Netflix as I thought my Myths/Gods/Superheros loving son would really enjoy it. And he very well might, but ep 1 starts off with a whole bunch of nudity, sex and partying.

The nudity may have been blurred in SyFy's TV broadcasts, but on Netflix, it's in full, uncensored HD. I'm not a prude, nor am I raising one, but it's a bit much for my 11 year old. We'll come back to it in a few years when he doesn't make that "blech" face every time someone on screen is kissing.