All parent member reviews for The Amazing World of Gumball

Parent Written byrendarsmith November 1, 2011

Needs positive male role model, none to be found here

This show is repulsive! The father figure in this show is a complete joke! He treated more like a pet, looks like a buffoon, and serves no purpose in the family whatsoever. Why this is in a children's cartoon is beyond me. I don't know how kids can grow up to respect their fathers or how boys can grow up to take the father's role seriously when they are seeing stuff like this on TV. I have forbidden my son from watching this show for this reason. This has to stop!
Parent of a 13 and 13 year old Written byLunarautumn March 9, 2013

This cartoon has Nothing to offer a child

I see nothing this could teach a child What happened to teaching children a positive message The father is a babbling Idiot who lies to his wife about checking on the children in this episode saying they are fine while to busy playing a video game to actually look, while the kids are being chased by a robot that is trying to kill them. The mother has major anger issues resorting to punching and breaking things. Gumball consistently does not listen and gets himself and goldfish brother in trouble, and just can not seem to make a right decision to get himself and brother out of trouble.and why would they put a box of pix elation around his private parts why even draw attention to this area by doing this is this an attempt to say these areas of the body are bad? there are plenty of cartoons that do not have clothes but they do not blur out nothing because it is where a human would have their private parts I fell this cartoon has nothing to offer a young impressionable mind
Parent of a 7 and 10 year old Written byjpmemom May 18, 2013

Garbage t.v.

I am so sick of these garbage shows they put on for kids to watch. There is so much more that kids need to learn and see. Shouldn't we try to better kids and not set bad examples? The writers and producers need to be more responsible.
Parent Written bycosean January 25, 2012

Language issues

My kids were watching it the other day when the characters said - gosh dangit. Sorry - too inappropriate for my kids.
Adult Written byItsClarissa May 16, 2011

:)!

Adult Written byteenreviews(17yrs) October 16, 2011

great mix of cuteness, messages, slapstick awesomeness and Gumball x Penny for Romance

This Is the truest, most incredible show on CN, Gumball and Darwin are also great role models, it teaches life lessons and is rated TV-Y7-FV, it has some romancy stuff, but that's normal for pre-teens because Gumball is 12, but i can see a mild sex issue, due to the blurred gentails, etc. but Nothing Major GREAT SHOW :) :) :)
Educator and Parent of a 4, 6, and 8 year old Written by5peasinapod May 27, 2011

A bit of real-world relatability.

The thing that saves this show from being a "no go" for my kids are the parental characters. Okay, so they seem to be absent through out most of the show except when the kids are trying to sneak around them or when they find their kids up to no good but to me it shows that the parents do care enough to reinforce rules. The dad comes off as a bit too laid back and the mom is super charged rule enforcer. This dynamic mimics my family in a way that allows me to connect the kids' misbehavior, the parents reaction, and the consequences that follow to some of the antics my own kids try to pull. Kids will be kids and try to out fox their parents or try to get away with something. While this show does display this behavior it also follows it up with a light moral connection. I have seen far too many shows lately that provide the misbehavior without a consequence. A weak moral story is better than promoting blatantly inappropriate behavior.
Adult Written byTimTheTVGuy October 10, 2012

The Amazing Show of Gumball.

I enjoy this show a lot! Funny humor,great animation,nice acting,perfect storyline,ect.I LOVE the episode ideas,I LOVE the characters,and I LOVE the jokes!
Parent Written byGlass-Cheshire May 27, 2011

SHOWS WITH LESSONS HAVE RETURNED!

Right off the bat, I've noticed that at some point in every episode, the moral is pointed out. I've missed that. Aside from some f Gumball and Darwin's...."moments". (ie, The underwater kissing (which is actually justified in the situation of Darwin being a fish, and Gumball being...not a fish and their both underwater, and the) and the entirety of the episode "The Dress" which involved Gumball's nightmare of Darwin demanding kids of him...and there actually being kids to show for already) the show is incredibly positive, and fun to look at. Gumball serves as a bad role model in a lot of cases (such as "the DVD") and Darwin seems to be a positive role model. Gumball, however has his own redeeming quality's and seems t be the one learning the lessons. There are strong female leads also, which is always a plus.
Adult Written bygkdavis August 20, 2011

Not Too Bad

I'm 17 and I actually enjoy this show it's humorous and tends to squeeze in a moral lesson.
Educator and Parent of a 5 and 10 year old Written byconnielove93 June 6, 2011

Gumball pops!

Funny show for all ages! Gumball is a positive role model for children, he takes responsibility for his actions and is always kind!!
Parent of an infant, 3, 9, 10, and 17 year old Written byMyNameIsBeaver April 18, 2013

What do parents think of this selection?

As an overprotective parent, I saw most bads, but actually some goods into this "show"! Goods: Comcial humor attracts audiences, loads of jokes, lots of action, never bland and boring, kids say it's a good time passer. Bads: Some sexuality (characters naked, but pixel out private parts) Unrealistic and cannot relate to anything to help in real life, lots of violence here and there that often yields blood, mixing the different animations together make it look horrible and very odd to look at, characters are usually bad role models (Darwin and the blue cat are usually lazy and just want to play video games and get in trouble) Barely any parental supervision they makes the parents look like fools (Dad is very lazy and somewhat stupid, Mom is crazy and does a lot of "chopping") Barely or some light morals, Light cursing. Overall it's comical boy (sometimes girl) humor meant for the laughs and to pass time, not meant for anything else. Basically random!
Parent of a 12 year old Written byeelee June 18, 2011

Educational and funny!

This show is funny, has good jokes, does educate some, and overall not too inappropriate.
Parent Written bywasclywabbit February 14, 2012

Off the wall funny!

I'm a lucky dad with an 11 year old daughter. She watches a lot (probably too “a lot”) of cartoons in the afternoon. Most of them hit me as either stupid (frenetic teens), bizarre (“Adventure land”) or both. When I first watched Gumball I thought :”Oh no. Just another mindless creation.” But the more I watched, it grew on me. Gumball is just drop dead funny. The only other cartoons that can send me rolling off the couch are my old Loony Toons . Gumball’s world is an immensely clever creation of cartoon and 3D characters against real backdrops inhabited by a wonderfully charming and goofy cast of characters. Gumball’s friend Darwin is his goldfish that grew legs. His girlfriend is a peanut with antlers. Another is a Muppet with AB/CD (AC/DC ?) T shirt (Something only an older generation might pick up on). It's off-the-wall but somehow holds together. There’s just enough humor to hit an adult's funny bone. The best show to watch with your kid is one you can both laugh at. And not get hung up on “educational’ or “appropriate.” Gumball sets a high bar for afterschool and “afterwork” entertainment.
Adult Written bybeastboybrown February 9, 2015

Could be worse

I am 19, and this is my opinion I think in my opinion it is annoying . The show is crappy and I would never show my children or anyone that ever came over. I however would not blame someone either for letting others watch this show though. Even if I find it utterly disrespectful and dishonoring I can understand others point of view on this. The characters show an adventurous side (even when sometimes totally nasty and gross making me wanna throw up) could show a kids humor. I would show this only to 3 year olds and below though. After that I suggest to move to a better show. Again the only words I would to describe Gumball is "Disappointing"
Parent of a 7 year old Written bythe names Bond December 15, 2012

Cute in a mediocre way

Well, this show is ok, but it has really strange scenes at times, and I really love the animation for this show, but yes, this show lacks some responsibility, the jokes are very unfunny and the plots are strange, when I first saw this I thought the main characters were girls, they need to change the voices a bit, George Clooney voicing Gumball would sure get me interested.
Adult Written byJEDI micah October 8, 2012

Not Cartoon Network's best, but kinda funny.

This is probably the only Cartoon Network show right now that is rated TV-Y7. The other ones are TV-PG. I guess that's one unique thing about this show. It's kinda funny sometimes and it is sure to make younger kids laugh! Kids will like the fact that this cartoon combines animation with real-life footage.
Adult Written byFelicity1169 July 30, 2012

Average Kids show.

There's nothing bad about this show but there's nothing good about it either. The animation style is really interesting and I think it's really relatable for kids. My brother really like this show and I found a few funny moments in it especially with the mom but it can also be annoying at times. Like I said it does no harm but it's not the best.
Adult Written byBestbaker July 31, 2015

Horrible show!

I would give this a 0 star if I could. I am writing this to keep kids away. I wrote to the Cartoon Network producers too. My 7 yr old watched a very scary episode a recent night & is traumatized!! He is so afraid he cries at night. Could not sleep without me the other night. I may need to take him to a dr. I did not see the show. My husband put it on for him. Saw a Google review that there was a scary episode but don't know what he saw. Too scared to tell me!! My 13 yr. old said it is scary too. But she is ok with it. We are now watching a y7 show on Disney. I trust them more!!
Adult Written byidac July 3, 2015

butts & lying & stupidness

Why butts. Why lie tell the truth. Stop being stupid and inappropriate.