Parent reviews for The Amazing World of Gumball

The Amazing World of Gumball Poster Image

Gumball is genius

Gumball reminds me of Spongebob when it first came out. I watched spongebob at friends house because we were too poor for directv. And it gave me an escape from my parents divorce. When my divorce happened and my 7 and 1 year old would come for my turn.... I was so depressed about the situation. I could not shake the lonely blues... I did not know how to not seem sad even when the kids came because we were still "adjusting" with everything... We watched it on sheer boredom ... and we all laughed at the same time... Like rolled and held our guts as we laughed... And we laughed and rewinded over and over a part.. Then we binged watched it on Hulu... In fact I got Hulu because of Gumball.... Me and my kids still talk about the time we bonded over it... And we still watch it today they are now 11 and 5... Great for kids and adults and it gave us a life line when we really needed it... I thank God for giving the people the idea for this masterpiece ... My kids now can relate to jokes only adults my age can get...

3 people found this helpful.

The fact that his show has great reviews from parents explains why our country is suffering.

This show is AWFUL. Why would any parent want their kids watching this? I am truly astonished that I did not come here and find this to have a 1 star average. The characters are mean to each other. I watched one show and it trivialized infidelity, promoted mean and bullying behavior (it was shamelessly glorified and it was the main theme of that episode) and the characters had constant dramatic temper tantrums. I have a new foster son in my home who is fascinated with TV and emulates it (he will recite a commercial or jingle that he has watched). He also has terrible melt downs (very much like the characters on this show). His older brother was the one who put it on. I had to explain to him how this show is feeding his younger brothers behavior and not allow them to watch it anymore. I am not a strict goody two shoes parent. But this is awful, not just for my foster son because he mimics TV, all children are VERY sensitive to the messages they receive on television. I HATE this show for kids. All of you adults who are promoting this as a kids show need to seriously take another look. Unless it doesn't matter to you if your kids become bullies or respect authority and lets be honest, I don't think that matters much to society anymore when we take an honest look at the behavior that is glorified today. Guess this is no surprise...
1 person found this helpful.

The person below me is right

An Amazing show!

This is an amazing show! It’s cute and it’s funny! Every time my children watch this show I come and watch it with them! This is a show that every kid should watch and it’s educational for them! I am a young adult and I love cartoons so much I know a lot of things about them! This also teaches kids a lesson about what right things to do :)

The magic key

Perfect recipe for encouraging our youth to become toxic and obnoxious humans.

Crude humor, characters are mean to each other, frequently disrespectful to adults, frequent dramatic tantrums, implicit sexual content and themes.

There is inappropriate things going on in some episodes u might not notice

This show has some adult jokes and kids should not watch it and amazing world of gum ball should be CANCELED. This show should be 17+ to watch

There is inappropriate things going on in some episodes u might not notice

Definitely for teenagers not kids 4 or 7 , tgis show is inappropriate with violent insider prevert jokes. Sometimes you wonder whats the point of advertising this junk as kids shows when its clearly inappropriate. Hollywood and the creators of these inappropriate shows should be sued for the commercialization of this material as age appropriate. They had several episodes the characters performing things on each other and pink horse half man and half women spreeing unicorn rainbow farts? Like huh? Why

FROG

wow! i’ve never watched tv in my life but this show seems so good. i remaber looking through my cousins brothers neighbors football coaches window one day and i saw these goofy little guys on the screen and i jumped through the window onto the tv. i cant believe pringle’s cancleled goofball world of cool