All parent member reviews for The Andy Griffith Show

Adult Written byLowe's man May 11, 2014

provides a much-needed escape

Because the setting was a small town, the town was close-knit where everybody was neighborly and had time for each other- hard to find in real life even then, and especially hard to find today. There were also episodes where Opie learned a life lesson. My father didn't like the show because he thought that there was too much silliness (Barney Fife, etc.). I do not share his view, and many others obviously don't either. But now it's my turn to voice my opinion: just as he dislikes THE ANDY GRIFFITH SHOW, I hate ESPN!
Parent Written byBig Daddy 1 December 22, 2013

Two thumbs up!!

Awesome family show great for the whole family!
Parent of a 17 year old Written byBonkersfan1995 March 22, 2013

My Favorite '60s Sitcom

Gee whiz, I love that show. It's exciting, funny, and fantastic! Andy Griffith plays the role of Andy Taylor, Don Knotts as Opie Taylor, and Don Knotts as Barney Fife. Oh, boy!
Parent of a 10 and 12 year old Written byJimmyH December 16, 2009

Perfect!

A funny show. Perfect for ANYONE :)
Parent of a 6 year old Written byken_y April 9, 2008

A great time! Entertaining but appropriate.

Adult Written bynathann April 9, 2008

Still one of the best shows ever !!

I grew up in the late fifties and early sixties, and even though "The Andy Griffith Show" was winding down its run, I have enjoyed (to this day) the reruns. I look forward to the Memorial Day ALL DAY Marathon of classic Andy Griffith Episodes. I appreciate comedic talent, and I believe that great comics are able to utilize humor that is family friendy, and extremely funny. Andy Griffith was one of those shows that exempliphies classic, timeless humor.