Parent reviews for The Baby Borrowers

TV experiment yields important lessons for teens.

No reviews yetAdd your rating

Adult Written bySpeedy April 9, 2008

What about the children?

While I did not watch this show, I did see the promotional ads for it and thought it would be interesting to watch with my 12 year old daughter. I am a public health nurse and have worked with teen and adult parents. Has anyone thought about the effect of being separated from their parents had upon the babies? Has anyone ever heard of "stranger anxiety" that infants show around the age of 9 months? How would one feel if they were separated from their familiar faces, surroundings, routines, etc and put in front of people they didn't know all in the name of "reality TV". Yes, dealing with a real child is totally different from say, a plastic doll or egg, to teach parenting to teens. But subjecting children to emotional upset, just for ratings is in my opinion, sickening.
Adult Written byLaura V April 9, 2008

Discussion a Must

I only have seen the 1st episode. Looks like a good premise and more educational than most reality shows. I wasn't impressed with the size of the houses and amenities available to these kids. It doesn't focus enough, so far, on the struggles most real couples with families face. Maybe this will get better as the show continues. I would discuss this extensively with my kids after watching it together.
Adult Written byA07solo April 9, 2008