All parent member reviews for The Berenstain Bears

Parent of a 17 year old Written bylove2 October 3, 2009

great show

i luv this show! it has good rolemodels, positive messages and all of the above!
Parent of a 9 year old Written bynikilj April 9, 2008

Love 'em!

How could you not love the Berenstain Bears!
Adult Written byAllie Pierson July 13, 2013

NOTHING like the original.

Parent of a 2, 4, 8, 10, 14, 14, 14, and 17 year old Written byparentof7 March 2, 2015

sounds good but looks like for ages 5-9

im probably gonna wait until my youngest of all my kids is 5 my 8 year old kind of enjoys this but im gonna wait until my kid that just turned 2 is 5
Parent of a 7 year old Written byResponsibleParent April 9, 2008
Parent of a 1 and 3 year old Written byheidis4 February 13, 2015

Mediocre effort

The animation is lame (no polka dots or stripes) and it doesn't bother to update any of the now dated aspects of the books, which are still beloved. It's just a slightly more boring and less enchanting version of the books.
Adult Written byLowe's man June 25, 2016

Not for fans of the books; for preschoolers only.

You're right. Even though the cubs are 10 and 8, this show will only appeal to preschoolers. While it is possible that kids who've read or listened to the books when they were younger and those who still like the books when they're of school age will like this series, don't count on it. Take the episode at the amusement park. Brother Bear, age 10, wants to ride the roller coaster initially but ultimately decides not to. This is an excellent indication that this show is for preschoolers and will likely not appeal to an older child. If this show would've been meant for all ages Brother Bear would've gotten on that coaster! For preschoolers, however, while the lessons and values are sometimes too black and white, both are nevertheless good and age-appropriate.
Adult Written byemmasmom513 April 9, 2008

Good-hearted fun

My 5-year-old daughter loves to watch this show & I like that it give good messages on how to deal with everyday life.