All parent member reviews for The Carrie Diaries

Parent Written byTV67 January 28, 2013

Pleasantly Surprised

So Far from just watching the Pilot I was Pleasantly surprised. I assumed it would be just another teen show over sexualising kids and portraying teens to be adults. This was not true. I felt like the teens in this show were very realistically portrayed. There was some sex talk but not in the way you would expect considering this is a spin off of a very sex driven show. I don't think fans of sex in the city will like it if your looking for a carbon copy of the original. This is a TEEN show and it is fully a teen show. Saying that I wouldn't let anyone below 14 or 15 watch it because it does touch on mature subjects.
Parent Written bytamlee1978 May 9, 2013

For grown ups, college aged

Not exactly what you want your teenager daughter to be watching
Educator and Parent Written byDLowery August 9, 2013

Casual sex and confusing norms

I might be old fashion but the casual nature of sex and the behaviors of some of the characters makes me wonder where the adults are in this show. I can't believe kids are allowed to hang out in their bedrooms at home, have sex, and parents seem to be downstairs. Some behaviors may make teens think this is the "norm". I had to keep reminding my 15 year old that this was not appropriate and "normal" teen behavior...or shouldn't be. This show, if watched at all, must be watched and discussed with the parent. My daughter got sick of my commenting about inappropriateness of show while watching with her (there's a lot to comment about) and then we decided it wasn't one she needs to be watching. "Switched at Birth" is a better choice.
Parent of a 11, 13, and 14 year old Written bybdumais April 5, 2014

The initials "CW" are a tip off

If you want your sons and daughters to begin down the road of Sex and the City, dehumanization and objectification as sexual objects, this show is for you. Ditto if you want them to never have a trusting, meaningful and Godly relationship with their future spouses.